02-23-2017 05:55 PM
32 12
tools
    Hi,
    I'm finding the dual SIM particularly interesting. I've been able to lower my monthly bill by taking advantage of a "family" plan with each line having separate data. Then switching which SIM uses data when the other nears its limit. So for me the experience has been great.
    What an interesting idea!! Can anyone else share how they take advantage of the duel sims?
    (moderator, perhaps this should start a new thread?)
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-19-2016 01:03 PM
    What an interesting idea!! Can anyone else share how they take advantage of the duel sims?
    (moderator, perhaps this should start a new thread?)
    Do u physucally have to change the sim card or can u just do it.in settings?
    12-28-2016 12:05 AM
    btw there is no stock available (lumia 950) at the microsoft store here in the Netherlands. Hopefully they come soon, since they are cheaper as in an retail store here.
    And I got one from another store. Pretty cheap to around 300 euro (Netherlands).
    It is an amazing experience compared to the iPhone 6s. Really like it. Especially the camera button. Very handy.
    01-01-2017 01:49 PM
    And I got one from another store. Pretty cheap to around 300 euro (Netherlands).
    It is an amazing experience compared to the iPhone 6s. Really like it. Especially the camera button. Very handy.
    Do you still recommend it after the time that has passed since you posted?

Cheers
    02-06-2017 08:29 AM
    I remember getting my Lumia 920 on launch day. I loved that phone, dropped it numerous times, kicked it across a parking lot, it was well made and WP8 was amazing to use. A few years later I dropped it in my bathroom and screen cracked. Insurance replaced it with an 830.

I don't know why I got the bug to switch to Android, I think it was the beautiful screen, camera and speed of the Galaxy S7 Edge, not to mention APPS GALORE. I hate the Edge, why on earth didn't I get the normal S7. Anyways, I found I was constantly complaining about the phone so I decided to ire up the old 830 after more than a year. It's currently running WP10 Insider Preview Fast. It's a little slow and buggy, but I am in love again. WP10 is light-years ahead of android,I actually look forward to using my phone again.
    I also see that some of the apps have been updated since I left, for example I can now mobile deposit checks again with Bank of America, a feature I constantly use but lost for some period back when I was a WP user.

So I started making a list of nice to have vs. critical apps and what I found was there are a lot of apps on android that I never actually use. DirecTV, Xfinity. They are cool but cant remember the last time I used them.

For Music streaming and control I may be struggling to not have the RoonLabs app for controlling music server, or an official Tidal App for streaming.
    If there is a delay in getting an MLB At Bat app for the 2017 season so I can listen to ballgames, that will hurt big time.

So now what, do I stick with the Windows Phone even though the future is questionable? Do I go back to my S7 Edge and pray for a Surface phone? Do I double down and sell the S7 and try to find an 950 to replace the 830?
    I'm also in the middle of switching from ATT to Verizon because ATT coverage in Marin and the East bay areas of San Francisco is non existent. Stupid ATT.

It's amazing how my mood improved since switching back, even if its temporary. Windows Phone OS is just superior to everything else, just got to reduce that app gap.
    02-09-2017 03:16 PM
    I understand how people get all excited about Android, with her fancy apps and zillions of different phones, but after a while I get bored of her. Windows 10 is more like a good friend whos always by your side and feels comfortable to be around. I'm done being lured by things I don't need and are just eye candy.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    libra89 likes this.
    02-09-2017 06:15 PM
    Do u physucally have to change the sim card or can u just do it.in settings?
    I have both a dual sim 950xl and a dual sim (or sd card) X3.

Under Settings > Network & Wireless > Use this SIM for cellular data.
    The drop down will allow you to select.

I understand how people get all excited about Android, with her fancy apps and zillions of different phones, but after a while I get bored of her.
    LOL - I have used Android since Eclair and still have a SGS6. (My son *had* a Note 7 but now has a SGS7.) It just always seems like it is blurry and the colors don't stand out.

[EDIT - adding picture]
    The only thing I like on Android (and IOS) is the ability to run Microsoft Garage apps. For example, on my S6, I use the Hub Keyboard from Microsoft. Like it way better than the stock WM10 keyboard.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=siFT90MI

screenshot_20170223-160517.png
    Last edited by PerfectReign; 02-23-2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: add picture
    02-23-2017 05:55 PM
32 12