Have you ever overheated your phone and put it in the fridge?

zukum

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

I dont think it would be wise, I've never tried it but I know physics. And thermodynamics apply here, when a cold object touches a hot object, they transfer energy (radiation) due to conduction. And hot bodies when cold tend to sweat, and sweat (humidity) will turn in water, and water is bad for your phone.
correct me if im wrong tho, never tried it.

Sorry for my english, it's not my main language.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Y you wanna do that? Find out why your device is overheating (unless you overheated it purposely), probably your on a new phone or using insider build. remove the battery and give it a rest. If it keeps over heating roll back to the official build. or take it to the windows store. I would not suggest putting it in the fridge as it will void your warranty due to condensation making your water track stickers go red.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't advise doing that. I doubt you'd ruin your phone, but just to be safe, I wouldn't put it in the fridge. The best way to cool down an overheated phone is to remove any case from it and set the phone on a cool dense surface like a marble counter top or tiled floor. The heat will transfer rather quickly. I've also seen my phone on top of an air purifier, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon