Warranty for Lumia x50 phone models in India?

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to ask (hopefully this is the appropriate forum section to get noticed) what would be the warranty claim process in India, specifically Pune, if anyone has gone through this already?

Does warranty period start from manufacture date or purchase date?

What if device is defective/malfunctioning, how do you do about getting a replacement?

Not that I'm facing any issues at the moment (I have a 550 and planning on getting a 650 or 950 soon) but just wanted to know these things.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi again!

Warranty period starts from the day of purchase. So, your bill is an important document as a proof.

First check if your phone is still under warranty on this website:- Microsoft (IN) Warranty Check

Then for availing the warranty, you need to visit any Microsoft retail store or an authorised Microsoft reseller. There you'll have to produce the bill and they'll take care of the rest. That is, they'll decide whether the defect can be fixed or your device needs to be replaced.

This is a standard procedure globally, not specific to any region. Hope this answers your query.

Last edited:

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
OK revisiting this thread now - it appears the MS warranty check link posted previously for India no longer works. So wanted to re-ask the same question as in first post, if I have a MS Lumia x50 device which has hardware issue, can I still go to authorised shop for replacement?

What about the city of Pune, anyone knows where are authorised Microsoft stores here? Anyone from India can share recent warranty experience maybe?

I already have a 550 which I got for my mom and I'm thinking about getting a 650 or 950 soon - hopefully they don't go out of stock or anything. I'm worried we Lumia owners in India will be left high and dry if there are any problems :(

Last edited:

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I tried calling one of the numbers (there are two "resellers" listed on MS site) closer to me and they said they've closed down, gave me another number for a shop far away - told me I can go with my bill there to get warranty service - but I'm still unconvinced and concerned that we'll be left high and dry (with no official MS/Nokia stores in Pune) in case of any issues within the warranty period :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I tried calling one of the numbers (there are two "resellers" listed on MS site) closer to me and they said they've closed down, gave me another number for a shop far away - told me I can go with my bill there to get warranty service - but I'm still unconvinced and concerned that we'll be left high and dry (with no official MS/Nokia stores in Pune) in case of any issues within the warranty period :(

what about the shop where you plan on getting the phones from, what do they have to say about warranty?

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I haven't visited any sellers yet (don't know if there are any nearby) - I bought the 550 online (amazon.in) and if I get a 650 or 950 it will also probably be online. But they seem to be low on inventory at the moment - I hope it's not winding down - would love to get another device a few months from now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos