How to enable hotspot without mobile data

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MS think this may causes virus

what no! that will not cause it inherently.

Well anyways, for just about all use cases of mobile hotspot, it's for sharing the phone's mobile data connection, so it's not unreasonable to tie the feature to mobile data availability. Also MS never removed the feature because it was never there.

I believe iOS is the same.
The last phone where I used the hotspot for non-cellular connectivity was the Palm Pre with a third-party app so...

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
what no! that will not cause it inherently.

Well anyways, for just about all use cases of mobile hotspot, it's for sharing the phone's mobile data connection, so it's not unreasonable to tie the feature to mobile data availability. Also MS never removed the feature because it was never there.

I believe iOS is the same.
The last phone where I used the hotspot for non-cellular connectivity was the Palm Pre with a third-party app so...

MS and IOS r till date 15 century.
Still they think Earth is the centre of our universe.

&

Android i in 21 Century they try to make human on mars or out of universe.

What i mean that MS still stick on his old concept and not making good feature to phones.

Why each time data required for sharing files with wp to wp.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
There's a WiFi file sharer app that seems fairly rich, and does this via WiFi (vs BT).
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support actual OS integration, so you can't do things like sync (photos and music for example), but it's still nicely implemented. It appears to expose the raw FS, so full-size is implied.

This isn't implemented in the WiFi sharing space simply because it's not designed with that rich of an interface, currently it's just set up to be a mini-router, and not a server. The server implementation has a LOT of implications to it, particularly with an Phone OS that has (potentially) encrypted volumes, etc.

Another way to look at it is that at least there's an app-option, unlike some other things. For example, one of my big frustrations, is that WiFi Calling and VoLTE is implemented in the phone/OS, but there's no way to expose it (via US carriers anyway).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
MS and IOS r till date 15 century.
Still they think Earth is the centre of our universe.
&
Android i in 21 Century they try to make human on mars or out of universe.

What i mean that MS still stick on his old concept and not making good feature to phones.

Why each time data required for sharing files with wp to wp

Glad you mentioned android (and not any device) because it's open source. IOS and WP/WM are closed because of one reason, security. Android is secure too until it gets rooted. And NO, stock android does not let you create WiFi peer-to-peer network for file sharing so your argument does not hold true here. WP/WM does support file sharing via Bluetooth and WiFi direct via apps so your argument again doesn't hold true either.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
because bluetooth can take a while. It took a minute to send a 5MB file, not very fast

I haven't measured speed directly, but when I did the 8 pics at 5MP each it was certainly over 15MB and didn't seem to take long at all. My guesstimate was about a minute. Doesn't seem any slower than when I use Airdroid on Android devices. Because of pairing stored in my devices it actually sets up faster than Airdroid for me when I initiate.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I haven't measured speed directly, but when I did the 8 pics at 5MP each it was certainly over 15MB and didn't seem to take long at all. My guesstimate was about a minute. Doesn't seem any slower than when I use Airdroid on Android devices. Because of pairing stored in my devices it actually sets up faster than Airdroid for me when I initiate.

But why we have to use Bluetooth old ,slow speed technology when we have WiFi direct.
This is like as i early say we are in 15th ccentury and android makes human to out of universe.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Wi-Fi direct between w10m to w10m and w10m to wp8.1 work smooth
Thanks to shareit team.
Your support makes windows unique.
But sending between android to w10m still problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans