Why Snapchat?

dan bruce

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
What's the big deal about Snapchat. I do not personally know anyone who uses Snapchat. There are plenty of other apps that have the same functions. Choosing an phone to purchase based on the apps available is ridicules, its like buying a car based on whistles and bells instead of based on engineering, dependability, and design.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Snapchat

Snapchat is said to be famous mostly in North America, most specifically in the US. Yup, I too haven't seen anyone using it either. Anyways, yes mobile phones today are bought on the basis of availability of apps. Again, this isn't true for many countries, especially the developing countries. There people buy those phones which have good hardware and a lower price tag. Which is one of the reasons for Android's success. Whereas iPhones are popular mostly because they carry the Apple symbol. This Snapchat thing is unnecessarily overhyped.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Snapchat is just a communication medium and is exceedingly popular among my peers. I've tried to explain it before and I'll try to go find that to paste it here but in the meantime:
In a nutshell, Snapchat is more fun than its core concept lets on on paper.

There may be "plenty of other apps" but nobody uses them, defeating the purpose. And there isn't really anything that competes with it on WP anyway anymore.

I'm going to change your analogy a bit. It may sound ridiculous for you, but it's just a highly desired feature.

Sure, I'll be able to get by with a Toyota Tercel but why when I can get features like A/C, power windows in a car that is just as dependable if not more?

Would you intentionally get a phone that doesn't meet your personal needs?

jason10mm

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't know many men who use snapchat, but EVERY woman/girl I know lives for it. Lack of a snapchat app is absolutely a no go for my wife to EVER use a WM phone. She would probably give up facebook before snapchat.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Snapchat is a platform used by literally millions of people and its demographics is something like 75% female depending on which territory we're talking about. You can find out more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapchat

With this many people using it, and more and more major corporations using it, it's becoming a staple third behind facebook and twitter. These are necessary apps to have on any serious platform in order to be relevant to as many people as possible.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Why SnapChat? Two reasons

1. Because everyone's mom is on Facebook
2. Facebook doesn't allow nudes

:grin:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Snapchat is a platform used by literally millions of people ...... depending on which territory we're talking about.
Yes. In the eastern hemisphere, which has arguably about 2/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] of the world's population, apps aren't considered before buying phones. Mostly, it's the hardware and price that matters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte