W

Windows Central Question

i want to degreade mobile

i want to degrade my windows mobile

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: i want to degreade mobile

Hi, it isn't clear what you are asking here.
Perhaps you could explain what you want to do?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if you don't care for W10M: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?

If you mean something other than 10 to 8.1, we need more details.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Also after reverting to 8.1 if you're trying to get on an earlier build of windows 10 mobile...you can download the windows insider program again and select the production/insider ring if you were on fast, or just allow over the air updates if you have a phone that accepts those for windows 10 mobile.

Legatus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi, if I could get some advice too I`d appreciate it.
I have a Lumia 920 on which I installed W10 mobile with Insider program (OS build 10.0.10586.420). Recently I bought a 950 so I decided to give 920 to my father but since W10 mobile is pretty buggy on 920 I decided to downgrade to 8.1. The thing is when I use Windows device recovery tool there is only windows 10 version on the server. I have no option to revert to 8.1 only older version of W10 Mobile. Is there any other way to downgrade to W 8.1?
Thank you.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi, if I could get some advice too I`d appreciate it.
I have a Lumia 920 on which I installed W10 mobile with Insider program (OS build 10.0.10586.420). Recently I bought a 950 so I decided to give 920 to my father but since W10 mobile is pretty buggy on 920 I decided to downgrade to 8.1. The thing is when I use Windows device recovery tool there is only windows 10 version on the server. I have no option to revert to 8.1 only older version of W10 Mobile. Is there any other way to downgrade to W 8.1?
Thank you.

Try this... http://www.lumiafirmware.com/

It should give you the Factory ROM the device had out of the box and subsequent OTA updates will not take you out of 8.1 unless you reinstall Insider.

Check the bottom right pane for a link to the flashing tutorial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans