NuAns_Neo_Twotone.jpgNuAns_Neo_Flip.jpg

NuAns Neo Specs & Features:

• 141 ? 74.2 ? 11.3 (mm) / 5.5" x 2.9" x 0.4"
  • Approx. 150 g / 5.29 oz
  • Windows 10 Mobile
  • Snapdragon 617 (MSM8952), 1.5GHz Octa-core A53
  • 2G RAM / 16GB Internal Storage
  • Micro SD (Max. 128GB {UHS-I} )
  • Compatible with micro-SIM (nano SIM adapter included)
  • Radio Support TBD by market, HSDPA 42Mbps/5.76Mbps, LTE Cat.4、max.150Mbps
  • 5.0", 1280 ? 720, 295ppi
  • Rear Camera: 13 MP, F2.0, CMOS (Back-illuminated sensor), Auto-focus, 28mm wide-angle lens
  • FFC: 5 MP, F2.4, CMOS (Back-illuminated sensor), Auto-focus, 24mm wide-angle lens
  • WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • NFC a/b/f
  • Acceleration, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall, and SMOS (Back-illuminated sensor) sensors
  • USB Type-C (USB 2.0 / OTG、Quick Charge 2.0) , 4 pin headset jack (CTIA)
  • Included: USB 2.0 A-C cable 1m, nano SIM adapter
No mention of display type... My impression from watching videos obsessively is that it is an IPS LCD, but that is just speculation on my part. Hopefully we get some further report.

No mention of Qi wireless charging, but the generous 3350 mAh battery is said to charge 80% in one hour thanks to Qualcomm Qick Charge 2.0.

Note that the battery is just 50 mAh less that the 3400 on a Lumia 1520 which has a 6" 1080p display so the battery endurance on Neo should be epic class.

No OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). Does it have DIS (Digital Image Stabilization)? At that hardware level and price point it should. Future reports may clarify this.

No mention of Bluetooth, but the SD 617 supports BT 4.1 LE (Low Energy).

I'm under the impression that there is no NFC... However, there is a neat trick. If you have a tap-to-pay bank card there is a spot to slide the card in under the cover and use tap-to-pay that way. Update: the Neo does have NFC.

NuAns_Neo_Tap_Pay.png

Sources:
http://neo.nuans.jp/spec/?lang=en
http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/nuans...ice-running-snapdragon-617-launched-in-japan/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/316896163/nuans-neo-windows-10-mobile

Last edited:

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Great thread. Do you know if there's any chance we'll see a review or a more extensive hands on here at Windows Central? I'm really loving the look of it - first phone that's got me excited in that department since the colorful Lumias and my still trusty HTC 8X.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if there's any chance we'll see a review or a more extensive hands on here at Windows Central?

Because the Neo has only been released (so far) with a Japan tuned radio, I don't think anyone in the west has reviewed it yet. Hard to do a good review on a phone if it is essentially WiFi only for you...

You can comb the net and find things like this guy:

Great thread... ...I'm really loving the look of it - first phone that's got me excited in that department since the colorful Lumias and my still trusty HTC 8X

Thank You. I'm pretty excited about this phone and have been since we got a peek at it in January at CES.

I'm also worried the KickStarter won't get funded. :unhappysweat:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously looking at adding another Two Tone to my Pledge. That would get me two tops and two bottoms. If I went with these:
Capture02.png

I could have the following combinations:

13.jpg55.jpg15.jpg53.jpg

Last edited:

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link - think I've trawled through most of the Japanese ones, but with my non-existent command of that language it only takes me so far : )

I hope they know how to keep the pace up, progress seemed pretty solid until the last couple of days. Also hope the various Windows Phone/Mobile sites know to give these guys some more support. If NuAns sent out the Japanese phones to e.g. Windows Central we could at least get an opinion sans the phone part - and if nothing else it would generate some more exposure.

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Nice combo. Seems a must on this phone to add multiple covers, and think I'd be tempted to try one out of wood as well. Absolutely love the way they're playing with materials - so refreshing in the sea of dreary metal phones.

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Did a comparison of the size to the Lumia 950, Lumia 930 and the HTC 8x as my main concern is how this thing feels when I'm walking around with it in my pocket (where it spends far more time than in my hand).
nuans-neo_compared_lumia-950_930_htc-8x.jpg
The 8x proved to me that shape is far more important than thickness to make it inconspicuous in your pocket. While the Neo is rather thick the rounded edges on the long sides should go some way to mitigate that - do wonder how the straight edges at the top/bottom feel though.

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think this is the package they should have sent to all the sites to generate curiosity and publicity for the phone. It's a pity they don't know how to run a Kickstarter campaign. Would really have liked to see it come to Europe and the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss