If you could choose any device...

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
2014_08_20_ff_Sharp_Aquos.629eb.jpg
Sharp Aquos Crystal. I'm shocked that Windows Phones haven't been looking like that since it's conception - design is taken straight out of the same page as a Zune.

My second-in command has this on Boost. The thing is beautiful. Be even more beautiful if they scrapped Android and put W10M on it.

... and ditched CDMA for GSM :)

EDIT: I'd also like to see a Lumia 1020 revision that ditches the OLED for ClearBlack IPSLCD, has a thinner design, adds an SD card slot, native Qi and a ring adapter for extra lenses.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the iPhone 6s. Perfect size for me.
You should look into the YEZZ Billy 4.7

Dumbest name of any phone I've ever owned, but it's almost a 1:1 replica of the iPhone 6s form factor.
yezz_billy_2.jpg
It's also the thinnest, lightest, nicest-feeling Windows Phone I've ever owned.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You haven't lived until you've rocked one of these. The Microsoft Kin Two.
Feels great in the hand. Full qwerty keyboard. Chamfered edges, FM radio, removable battery, Facebook and Twitter integration on deck and something not found on newer Windows phones, a Youtube client. That's right, a full on Youtube client. Ballin! All this running Windows 10 Mobile, you'd think you've died and lost every last one of your friends.
kin-two.jpg

ScutMonkey

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
The HP Veer. I like tiny phones and that phone was awesome. Plus, the gesture and card systems on the PalmOS/WebOS devices were better than anything out there today. Windows Phone has a slightly different version of the card system which is why I've gravitated towards it.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would love to put WP8.1 on the 950 XL, or put WP8.1 on Lenovo's K80M/P90. I used W10M on the Xiaomi Mi4, and W10M is W10M, so better hardware won't make it run any better.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As much as I loved my Veer... And I've seen a couple nods to it now... That size screen just isn't going to get accepted in 2016 and beyond.

I mean I LOVED my Veer and still count it as one of the finest pieces of hardware I ever owned, but I can'y go back there even for a physical QWERTY.

LOVED me some Panda Veer.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
A7370349.jpg
All hail the PandaVeer!

Maybe we could split the difference, slim the bezels, and make the screen a fair bit bigger (and more pixel-dense!) without completely ruining the form-factor. Somewhere between the Veer and the Pre3 rests my ideal device size.

mrl515

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I wish I could have something with the ergonomics and customization of the original Moto X, but with modern specs (and a non-potato camera). No phone has ever felt so good to hold in my opinon.

ScutMonkey

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
As much as I loved my Veer... And I've seen a couple nods to it now... That size screen just isn't going to get accepted in 2016 and beyond.

I mean I LOVED my Veer and still count it as one of the finest pieces of hardware I ever owned, but I can'y go back there even for a physical QWERTY.

LOVED me some Panda Veer.

You say that, but if you had a Veer with continuum on it? Slap it in a cradle attached to a monitor or tablet when you need a bigger screen? They could make one so much thinner today too.

I used one earlier this year and the screen size isn't a limitation even now. At least not to me. I would still be using it except I couldn't get my contacts to sync to any of the major cloud email providers (gmail, outlook.com, yahoo). It still did browsing just fine.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 127754
All hail the PandaVeer!

Maybe we could split the difference, slim the bezels, and make the screen a fair bit bigger (and more pixel-dense!) without completely ruining the form-factor. Somewhere between the Veer and the Pre3 rests my ideal device size.

Soooo a normal sized Pre? :)

You say that, but if you had a Veer with continuum on it? Slap it in a cradle attached to a monitor or tablet when you need a bigger screen? They could make one so much thinner today too.

I used one earlier this year and the screen size isn't a limitation even now. At least not to me. I would still be using it except I couldn't get my contacts to sync to any of the major cloud email providers (gmail, outlook.com, yahoo). It still did browsing just fine.

I have a Pre 2 on a sort-of-standby sitting around, don't think Contact sync is broken yet, although I did get into patching and stuff. Soon the OS will be more patch than OS!

Also wanted to revive my old 2012 Paper Veer again!IMG_0024.JPG

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When I pull out my Pre 2 and set it next to my 950Xl, it's just hilariously small. The screen on the 950XL is about twice the height of the Pre 2's screen. My Pre 2 also runs the battery down quickly, making it unusable. But, man, does it fit like a nice river stone in the hand. If I could have Windows 10 on an older phone, I would love it on the Pre 3. On current phones, it would be nice to see it on the Galaxy hardware. Of course, the most useful thing, though not a phone, would be if I could install Windows 10 on my HP Touchpad.

Oh the webOS memories. They pain me still. May Apotheker rot in *bleep!*.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon