What happens now?

mouldywhale

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
After being a huge Windows phone fan for a long time I ended up going back to android, however I have given Windows 10 mobile chance to settle and the newer phones chance to be given their bug fixing updates.

I have just bought a Lumia 550 for ?42 on eBay and even though it's an entry level phone I am immensely looking forward to receiving it and getting back into Windows phone.

What I want to know is this, will Microsoft continue to support and create new phones into the future? Or will they slowly begin to abandon ship and my faith in them will have been for nothing? I have always wanted Windows mobile to succeed and still do. But I want THEM to want the same too!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I want to know is this, will Microsoft continue to support and create new phones into the future? Or will they slowly begin to abandon ship and my faith in them will have been for nothing?

We don't quite know.
Windows 10 Mobile isn't going anywhere, even if it is basically a hobby. So I bet the core OS support will be there, but in terms of apps and services, well...

Lumia's are probably done for, signs point to whatever Surface, PixelSense phone next year but it doesn't seem like Lumia's are going to be back after the 650.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3