NuAns Neo Kickstarter is LIVE

mageman17

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
NOTE: Might edit this later into a fuller post.

I think its too steep. Probably should be half of the price and make $700k a stretch goal (either 1080p, 3GB RAM or SD650 SOC upgrade). I'm also am not sure if this has USB type C or if that was the VAIO Phone Biz

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

I think its too steep. Probably should be half of the price and make $700k a stretch goal (either 1080p, 3GB RAM or SD650 SOC upgrade). I'm also am not sure if this has USB type C or if that was the VAIO Phone Biz

Nuans should have done all this AND waited until the HP Elite x3 came out. Then they could have offered a lower priced, continuum enabled alternative for those upset at the high price of the x3.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It does have USC-type C. The spec is here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nuans-neo/428484-nuans-neo-specs-features.html

About that price... They are a start up. As such they probably aren't qualifying for any price breaks on components, but IMHO it is solid upper Mid or lower High end. It seems a balanced package. iPhone SE at $400 only gives a 640p screen (compared to Neo's 720p), same 16 GB internal, same 2GB RAM, Neo ups the ffc by quite a bit (5MP vs SE's 1.2MP) and gives 1 more MP in the rear camera, Neo gives waaaaay more battery at 3350 mAh vs SE's 1624 mAh. Neo also has a full sensor package and offers continuum.

Yeah, it's not an iPhone, but it shows that phones in this spec range can carry that price tag. Wanna bet who makes more profit off their $400 phone, Apple or Trinity (the makers of Nuans Neo)?

About that goal... From what I've seen when researching the $725k won't stretch to cover all their certification costs for US and EU authorities.

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Deleted post. I like the price. Still think they should have waited until x3 came out for reasons stated above. Maybe throw in an extra GB of RAM. Don't like 2GB anything anymore since I got my 950xl, lol.

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
To me it seems like they were unprepared for what it takes to run a successful Kickstarter campaign - to keep interest going throughout the whole period. However it does seem like they are aware of this. From the comments section of the campaign:

Hi fans,
Thank you so much for all of your comments and messages. We truly appreciate the passion everyone has shown for NEO. We have reviewed everyone's comments and suggestions and have taken them all into consideration. We are currently working on several different promotions, as well as different media outlets in hopes of bringing more awareness to NuAns NEO. We have not given up on our goal to bring NEO to the rest of the world, and we hope you haven't either. Thank you for your patience and support!
NuAns NEO Team

From their Twitter account it seems they are fairly good at keeping up engagement in Japanese.

mageman17

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
They need more coverage than twitter in Japanese. Can't they reach out to some impartial youtubers (or at least those who will not slam Windows Phones like AndroidAndyUK) like Michael Fisher, Juan Bagnell, Rich Woods, the 950/XL promo lady from Carphone Warehouse, etc.?

Last edited:

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Their Japanese engagement on Twitter does nothing for this campaign sadly, but shows that at least they understand how social media works. Hopefully their above comment means they're about to change that for the rest of the world. I'm not sure how receptive they are, but sending them som tips about who to get in touch with can't hurt. Hopefully they'll also manage to get some exposure on the fashion sites as this is a phone that sells more on it's looks than it's technical specifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven