We all know that the camera app in our windows mobile devices has very user friendly manual control features that sets it apart from all other phones

We can change the following using sliders:
    • Focus
    • ISO
    • Shutter speed
    • White balance
    • Exposure

What else should be added in the next windows mobile devices? Assuming the hardware can back it up? If you have a dslr, comment from your experiences in using that
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-05-2016 08:21 AM
    I want to back Lumia camera app which is awesome and stable and Living images not working on current Camera app.
    &
    Hence i m using Lumia camera beta.
    07-05-2016 08:40 AM
    Granular control over HDR brackets.
    07-05-2016 11:13 AM
    How difficult would it be to change aperture size?
    07-06-2016 01:57 AM
    How difficult would it be to change aperture size?
    Aperture is physically fixed, the "eye" is always open whereas in a camera it is mechanically or electronically controlled to allow the closed eye to open to a preset radius... Could there even be a software emulation?
    07-06-2016 11:41 AM
    Aperture is physically fixed, the "eye" is always open whereas in a camera it is mechanically or electronically controlled to allow the closed eye to open to a preset radius... Could there even be a software emulation?
    Lumia Refocus, which took several pictures with varying focus lengths, allowed at least wide depth of field -> small aperture. I think some phones with two camera modules can do bokeh tricks by blurring background in software (depth is calculated from parallax?).

My old Nokia 6220 Classic switched automatically between f2.8 and f5.6, mechanical slide with smaller hole. And real flash ;)

--
    I'd like to have adjustment over noise reduction and jpg quality.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-06-2016 02:30 PM
    Yes, aperture is fixed. I got confirmation from Microsoft https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...0xl_and_did_a/
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-06-2016 02:38 PM
    Yes, aperture is fixed. I got confirmation from Microsoft https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...0xl_and_did_a/
    but it would be amazing if the aperture were not fixed such that I could open it wider to let it more light, especially for low light shots
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-06-2016 03:08 PM
    Lumia Refocus, which took several pictures with varying focus lengths, allowed at least wide depth of field -> small aperture. I think some phones with two camera modules can do bokeh tricks by blurring background in software (depth is calculated from parallax?).
    That's just shifting focus, not changing aperture. IMHO I've gotten a couple nice bokeh shots just from tapping the screen to focus...

05-orange-berry-bokeh.jpg

My old Nokia 6220 Classic switched automatically between f2.8 and f5.6, mechanical slide with smaller hole. And real flash ;)
    Now that intrigues me.
    07-06-2016 04:54 PM
    but it would be amazing if the aperture were not fixed such that I could open it wider to let it more light, especially for low light shots
    Dude, how much wider you need? F/1.9 is pretty good already. You can check the price tag of DSLR lenses with F/1.8 or wider to have some idea.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-06-2016 07:39 PM
    Dude, how much wider you need? F/1.9 is pretty good already
    Not every phone is that wide an aperture. My 1520 is f/2.4. Not so good in low light.
    07-06-2016 09:29 PM
    Not every phone is that wide an aperture. My 1520 is f/2.4. Not so good in low light.
    I will say even f/2.4 is better than most DSLR kit lenses. Whenever I want to shoot in a museum with my DSLR I have to hold my breath really hard.
    RumoredNow and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-07-2016 07:56 PM
    Bulb Exposure (Exposure longer than 30s)
    Bracketing EV
    White Balance
    White Balance Bracketing
    07-07-2016 10:02 PM
    Bulb Exposure (Exposure longer than 30s)
    Bracketing EV
    White Balance
    White Balance Bracketing
    now you're talking - long exposures
    07-08-2016 12:06 AM
    now you're talking - long exposures
    Found the reg keys for the Rear Facing Camera and Front Facing Camera concerning ISO and exposure time. However, all it does it set what the min/max values the Windows Camera UI will report/allow you to select. It seems firmware still prevents any changes in ISO/exposure time. Drat!

We need these though. It'd be killer with DNG RAW for deep sky photography.
    07-08-2016 12:22 AM