No: Snapchat, Banking Apps, Pok?mon Go?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
will never leave windows phones but if theres a crazy thing going on like this, I have my cheap android phone. and then just use ur windows phone as a hotspot. u can also use those cheap ipod touch. the best part is; the android phone for me dies first due to GPS, camera augmentation, and animation of the game, that I am able to still have my phone full on charge. Hotspot doesn't drain my windows phone battery.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Monster hunter: World invasion is much cooler. It's a similar style to pokemon Go just without the pokemon part :p

I never really understood the whole pokemon phenomenon. Even back when I was young in elementary and people were using chips to play pokemon. That intellectual property has sure survived the test of time.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I just found a game app: Sniper 3D Assassin: Shoot to Kill, and I think it's as good a quality app as I have ever seen on a phone.. KUDOS to the developer (It may turn me into a gamer.. LOL)

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Chace anymore. My friends use Snapchat and everyone is bonkers with Pok?mon. No apps?

I'm pretty sure Chase will be back, much like how Wells Fargo and AMEX came back - hopefully. As for Snapchat, I really just don't get it. I have an iPhone, but no desire to even install it. Isn't it really just a wacky messaging app where you can also take photos with effects/filters? Then there's Pokemon... I'm carrying around the iPhone just because of that.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm relieved Pokemon isn't in the Windows Store, else I'd be visually assaulted with it everytime I open the store. Right now, it's one of the few safe places on the web from that dopey thing.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm relieved Pokemon isn't in the Windows Store, else I'd be visually assaulted with it everytime I open the store. Right now, it's one of the few safe places on the web from that dopey thing.

You open the Store enough and care enough that a single image in a 2x1" scrolling banner visually assaults you?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I do, actually. I have my apps set not to auto-update. I periodically check the store to see if there's any updates.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do, actually. I have my apps set not to auto-update. I periodically check the store to see if there's any updates.

Yea, I do that too but I just have to head on over to the DL's and Updates tab though. I don't care for Plants vs. Zombies or Cloud Raiders so I just move on.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah ive had over 10 friends leave the system over the last week because of lack of pokemon go - they even held off from snapchat but once pokemon go came out it was over

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
MS store has over 350000 apps and because of less than 2 dozen apps people leave the platform?

It will come to this I guess - have an OS that is frequently updated and optimised so it performs faster or go with an OS with a lot of apps but the OS slows down over time or go with an OS that is quite locked down and boring as many have said

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

So you basically want your favourite OS to die and become a business only venture because you don't want popular apps/games? Cool sounds logical.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
and you would move to another platform for that app and then realise you have to change a lot of habits to fit into the new ecosystem:wink:

Some people like to chase the latest fad or app. I think people need to decide what they really need and then pick the ecosystem that best fits those needs. That way you may miss a fad or two but will have the solid foundation you need.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
So you basically want your favourite OS to die and become a business only venture because you don't want popular apps/games? Cool sounds logical.
If the OS dies over a fad game, apps are the least of Windows Phones' problems.
One single app won't make or break Windows Mobile.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If the OS dies over a fad game, apps are the least of Windows Phones' problems.
One single app won't make or break Windows Mobile.

There are many people moving over to android as a result if you follow reddit.

That's the whole point about being on a good ecosystem. Knowing that if something trendy comes out you can be a part of it. Even if the popularity fades, it's that time that you enjoyed it that matters.

Take an app similar to snapchat called Egg. It's a more fun app. I got it on my iphone and though I don't use it much it's fun from time to time to make stupid vids and send them to friends and have friends send them to you. So yah I don't spend most of my time in that app, but that enjoyment is there no matter how long it lasts. You eat pizza you eventually finish it but it was enjoyable while eating it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99