Which Windows Phone gave you best experience?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which of the Windows phones you've owned has been your favorite?

Maybe some of us should club together and raise some money to get you a 635 or similar...

As much as I appreciate that, and I do, I rather wait for the right time and get one on my own steam. I got my 1020 through 2 months of competing in a regional competition and adding my own money to finally purchase it. I need to really be ready to buy one again or win one. I also want to be sure that I can be 10 times more careful and watchful lest it be stolen again like my 1020.

Thank you for the idea :smile:

mayne222

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Which Windows Phone do you like the most? My Lumia 920 with 8.1
Why for? The home screen, live tiles, and that camera made taking photos fun! Also the MS swipe keyboard was awesome.
Did you miss anything on it? If yes, what and why? Of course there were apps from my bank and such that weren't there, but nothing that I couldn't get around.
Did you find anything frustrating on it (other than app gap)? The music experience, though I was a legacy Zune and WP7 user for years.

jmaga3080

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which of the Windows phones you've owned has been your favorite?

Lumia 1020, I miss that phone. After using its camera, I never found any camera that good on any phone.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 928. Probably the best design: legacy Nokia N9 design+modern infusion, glance, camera+xenon flash and button, excellent screen, hefty construction worthy of a flagship, good speaker. And it was on Verizon. Did I miss anything on it? Perhaps better battery life. Anything frustrating? The screen would sometimes have phantom touches and non-responsiveness. Turning on/off resolved that each time though.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
My favorite windows phone was the Lumia 925 on TMO.

That beautiful amoled screen felt so premium and the solid rounded aluminum frame just made that phone set apart.

Great camera, but lousy battery life. Design wise Nokia knocked it out of the park with that one.

I have 3 Lumia phones now.

L640 XL: nice midranger, love DDtW like my 925 had. Big screen

L650 : Honestly, the best overall performance with win 10 so far. I find I keep coming back to it.

830 : Just got this 5 days ago. Nice premium metal band and running insider build .67 fine so far.

Overall the 925 was probably my favorite with the 640 XL and 650 a tie for second.

While the 830 is certainly a nice phone it's plain and utilitarian with a lousy hard to get on back panel.
Like another poster said, the 925 design should have been on bigger screen phones.

Last edited:

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I agree 100%. That 925 was a beauty. Best screen, wonderful camera and real premium feel to it. My 550 runs WP 10 nice and smooth but I'll never forget my 925. That phone along with my old Tmobile Nokia E73 will always be remembered as my two favorite devices ever!

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
That was another thing with the 925 I remember, that phone got quite hot often. Especially while charging and watching videos. I know phones get warm charging, but it was something I distinctly remember with the 925. Still the best windows phone I have had yet.

Marian Paun

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The only windows phone I owned, 925 with 8.1. Still using it as backup phone. Microsoft convinced me in the end to return to Android.as my main device.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow, can you elaborate?

It was more of an emotional decision. My gf and I originally both had the Samsung Focus. She then managed to get the 1st gen Titan during an AT&T special where new subscribers/renewals got a phone for a penny. This coincided with her adding her mom to a family plan. She got the Titan and her mom settled for a feature phone - which she wanted since she was not ready for the whole touchscreen smartphone thing.
I always thought the 4.7" Titan was too big, but I also secretly yearned for a phone with a bigger screen than the Focus.
Fast forward a few months and I won a Titan II on a twitter contest. It took me just one week to get accustomed to the size and I knew I would always prefer phone that was at least 4.5". The camera was 16mp and awesome for it's time. Windows Phone 7.1 was fast as hell on the Titan II. This was still the era of Metro and the panorama/pivot app design. Had a lot of hope for the platform then.
Recently, I fired it up and was amazed by how much faster apps such as Photos, Music, Email, People and Calendar opened as compared to my current 950. Instantly opened. No splash screen..just instantly there.

Yoosuf Belal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I currently own the Lumia 950xl and 1520. These two aren't so different but if stick to the 1520.
I've had the Lumia 900, 920, 925, 928 and 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo