What phone should I get?

mister greed

Banned
Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
As said above the 950 and the xl version is what I would recommend.

If you must go android then check out the honor 5x and one plus 3.

I also recommend the iPhone 6 which is spectacular as well

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The difference between apps and features is quite large. To me, a largely missing "feature" would be USB-OTG. Right now, only the 950 series supports it whereas many Androids of lesser value do. Once the HP Elite and others of its ilk hit the market there will be more choices, but only in the high end. For a guy with so much music shuffling between devices, I would imagine this should be a top priority. It's much easier to transfer files via a jump drive than to swap SD cards.

Had to google what USB OTG was lol. I've never bothered to even try to plug in anything to my 1520 but once I did connect my mouse to it via bluetooth and it did indeed work.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
As said above the 950 and the xl version is what I would recommend.

If you must go android then check out the honor 5x and one plus 3.

I also recommend the iPhone 6 which is spectacular as well
I will check out these other phones. I have no experience with what improvements the 950 series bring to the table. I know about them but just never used or seen one in person.

I'm not going back to iphone. I hated it. Constantly emailing tracks to and from clients and not even being able to download them and create a playlist out of them was ridiculous. Plus having to use a million apps just to re-attach and send out files sent to me was terrible. The iphone [to me] has to be the most non-productive phone in existance.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Everyone's going to have a different answer to that question.

Your main issue seems to be with Groove not seeing your music. Have you tried using any other music player apps and seeing what they do. I've personally never been a fan of how Windows Phone handles off-line music, I just use my Walkman instead.

I had the same issue with other music players.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so if the missing/skipped albums are consistent, then I'd guess it's down to the encoding method/bitrate which for some reason isn't supported by the phone.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so if the missing/skipped albums are consistent, then I'd guess it's down to the encoding method/bitrate which for some reason isn't supported by the phone.

Except some of the songs were purchased on the phone through Groove and the songs play just fine when they are manually launched through the file explorer. It just sucks to have to launch every song you want to hear one by one through the file explorer every time the previous song ends.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Aw. Is it the phone itself, Windows 10 Mobile, or something else that is not having you like as much?

A bit of everything. Bluetooth keeps getting stuck, if i turn glance off the phone power button works intermediately, the phone gets extremely hot, is supposed to have this quick charge but it charges ungodly slow, the screen colors is weirdly warm, no double tap to wake up, screen is really bright even when set to dim. My 1520 on Windows 8.1 mobile was the best wp experience I had.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
A bit of everything. Bluetooth keeps getting stuck, if i turn glance off the phone power button works intermediately, the phone gets extremely hot, is supposed to have this quick charge but it charges ungodly slow, the screen colors is weirdly warm, no double tap to wake up, screen is really bright even when set to dim. My 1520 on Windows 8.1 mobile was the best wp experience I had.
Okay, I get what you mean now. The power thing happens to me occasionally, so I have no suggestions there :/ Hot while charging or just general usage? That's weird about the slowness. You can change the screen colors in settings (settings->extras->color profile). No DTTW is all on At&t not releasing the firmware. I have it on my unlocked 950 and it works fine.

Not sure about the other stuff, sorry.

Sent from mTalk

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that sounds like a dud device, and in need of replacement. So I would suggest that route. A lot of these sound like hardware issues. Or mayhap firmware, but that shouldnt be it.

-- W

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I get what you mean now. The power thing happens to me occasionally, so I have no suggestions there :/ Hot while charging or just general usage? That's weird about the slowness. You can change the screen colors in settings (settings->extras->color profile). No DTTW is all on At&t not releasing the firmware. I have it on my unlocked 950 and it works fine.

Not sure about the other stuff, sorry.

Sent from mTalk
Sometimes hot during use but almost always hot when charging.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos