Why all hate microsoft windows phone?

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I am telling you a truth about how these website are poorly reporting about windows phone.
Yesterday i was reading an article about bank of America pulled out there windows phone app from store immediately i see lots of related articles how many developers are taking out there app from windows store just because they have a little market share but no website except windows central are reporting how many new apps we are getting daily but they are quick enough to report how many are left windows phone just take an example about above app bank of america app look how they posted bank of America remove their app from the app store, but have you seen the article where they posted bank of America have a new app in windows mobile 10 store built from scratch these article are downgrading windows phone if i don't have an windows phone and then i read these negative article then the first thing came in my mind was not to buy an windows phone, most of the people are thinking that windows phone is or will be dead but thats not true we are improving and a lot faster than other just we need some positivity thats not there .
Thanks for reading it its just what i think i dont know others would agree with if yes, thanks or No, ok then .

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
of America pulled out there windows phone app from store

no it isnt, the app is still available on widows store as an UWP.

but have you seen the article where they posted bank of America have a new app in windows mobile 10 store built from scratch

yes here is the link

well websites report what is happening in the market and how the end users are reacting to the technology, microsoft being a big name in computing and the 3rd major mobile seller is always under the scanner. whats happening now has already happened with blackberry when their sales decline and developers began leaving the platform.
microsoft has some influence on developers and major companies and they do their best to keep the system running, but declining sales and small number of users will always feel the world is cruel to them.

thinking as a developer you will always want to 1> want to start off at the most popular OS platform, that way you get more users automatically and testers for app prototypes. 2> easy hunting and number crunching for the total number of downloads and popularity. for a niche market of windows phone previously it was a very difficult task, but now with the introduction of UWP the wind is about to change :D

stevemind66

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
It's surprising that because WP hasn't got that one ,latest app then people would change their phone! I really find that incredible 😒.the windows store has everything I need and more. Some 3rs party apps are actually better than the official ones. But when people use apps to switch on washing machines and home lights one........there's something very strange with folks

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
no it isnt, the app is still available on widows store as an UWP.

yes here is the link

well websites report what is happening in the market and how the end users are reacting to the technology, microsoft being a big name in computing and the 3rd major mobile seller is always under the scanner. whats happening now has already happened with blackberry when their sales decline and developers began leaving the platform.
microsoft has some influence on developers and major companies and they do their best to keep the system running, but declining sales and small number of users will always feel the world is cruel to them.

thinking as a developer you will always want to 1> want to start off at the most popular OS platform, that way you get more users automatically and testers for app prototypes. 2> easy hunting and number crunching for the total number of downloads and popularity. for a niche market of windows phone previously it was a very difficult task, but now with the introduction of UWP the wind is about to change :D

Yes with introduction of uwp things going to change ,but still its a long way to go and because of declaration in sales can cause big problem to microsoft.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
It's surprising that because WP hasn't got that one ,latest app then people would change their phone! I really find that incredible 😒.the windows store has everything I need and more. Some 3rs party apps are actually better than the official ones. But when people use apps to switch on washing machines and home lights one........there's something very strange with folks

But you know the taste of official is something that we cant get with 3rd party apps , if i want to install instagram app first i will install the official one if i don't like then i will search for other substitutes its good to have choice but in windows phone we have to satisfied with 3rd parties apps

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think most people just don't understand or want to take the time to understand Windows 10 Mobile. Although you'd think with the merging of desktop and mobile that more people would "get it".

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I think most people just don't understand or want to take the time to understand Windows 10 Mobile. Although you'd think with the merging of desktop and mobile that more people would "get it".

Who said more people will get it these features make our platform make unique from other and that can increase our chance to survive in the race .

stevemind66

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
But you know the taste of official is something that we cant get with 3rd party apps , if i want to install instagram app first i will install the official one if i don't like then i will search for other substitutes its good to have choice but in windows phone we have to satisfied with 3rd parties apps

Good point , using the Instagram example. 6tag blows the original away in terms of looks and performance (I've used a iPhone instagram to compere). And Mytube and Audio cloud are fantastic apps..just my thoughts.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Good point , using the Instagram example. 6tag blows the original away in terms of looks and performance (I've used a iPhone instagram to compere). And Mytube and Audio cloud are fantastic apps..just my thoughts.

Yes, you are right but every body dont have an i phone to compare apps its good to have official support

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
because in reality, Windows phone sucks as a smart device... I'm a Lumia 640 owner running the latest release version. here are my 5cents on this.

You can never rely on the maps app for navigation, the gps will kick you hard in the balls when you need it the most. Root will not update accordingly, may be the entire route will not be picked... this all works while I'm indoors, but in practicality I have had enough scenarios where I want to brick this down.

Social media - facebook messenger drains the battery quick, Viber is next, posting something on facebook is a nightmare, If I select more than 4 pics the app crashes, If I want to post a place it will crash, app will not open randomly, all this in the time I really need it the most!

To copy a contacts number, you have to go to peoples hub (or the tile) search n copy, if you search for the contact via phone app, you need to dial the number, end it, then go into info and copy it! damn....

thease are just a few of the annoying stuff I encounter in my day to day chores!

May be my next phone will be an android again!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is a well beaten subject.

I don't think it's a matter of dislike, it's just news.
The day that Windows Mobile stops being talked about would be the day it actually dies.

The bigger picture to me is that WP has it's current user base and that's all it's going to get.
It's way too late for an extensive push of the 3rd platform in order to gain new users.
Perhaps if the OS was easily tweakable maybe there would be a surge in interest.

I think newbies who do look at WP devices might ask "So what else is available?" and when certain limits become apparent they go elsewhere.
People get tired of things not happening and in the real world smartphone users en-mass could care less about the OS or devices in general.

A number of folks believe Microsoft just hasn't serviced it's mobile platform all that well.
Wouldn't it be much better to use what we have versus worrying about it?

We can defend something all day long, but there comes a point...

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
because in reality, Windows phone sucks as a smart device... I'm a Lumia 640 owner running the latest release version. here are my 5cents on this.

You can never rely on the maps app for navigation, the gps will kick you hard in the balls when you need it the most. Root will not update accordingly, may be the entire route will not be picked... this all works while I'm indoors, but in practicality I have had enough scenarios where I want to brick this down.

Social media - facebook messenger drains the battery quick, Viber is next, posting something on facebook is a nightmare, If I select more than 4 pics the app crashes, If I want to post a place it will crash, app will not open randomly, all this in the time I really need it the most!

To copy a contacts number, you have to go to peoples hub (or the tile) search n copy, if you search for the contact via phone app, you need to dial the number, end it, then go into info and copy it! damn....

thease are just a few of the annoying stuff I encounter in my day to day chores!

May be my next phone will be an android again!

I know you pain we spend our precious money and get a smartphone which is not smart from any angle just a crap . I am an owner of 640 xl don't have too much problem but my x535 had make me cry many times .

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
This is a well beaten subject.

I don't think it's a matter of dislike, it's just news.
The day that Windows Mobile stops being talked about would be the day it actually dies.

The bigger picture to me is that WP has it's current user base and that's all it's going to get.
It's way too late for an extensive push of the 3rd platform in order to gain new users.
Perhaps if the OS was easily tweakable maybe there would be a surge in interest.

I think newbies who do look at WP devices might ask "So what else is available?" and when certain limits become apparent they go elsewhere.
People get tired of things not happening and in the real world smartphone users en-mass could care less about the OS or devices in general.

A number of folks believe Microsoft just hasn't serviced it's mobile platform all that well.
Wouldn't it be much better to use what we have versus worrying about it?

We can defend something all day long, but there comes a point...

Yah you are right but people care about os and its feature just take an example if you are going to buy a new phone and you ask me how good is windows phone and i said its a crap doesn't even have snapchat are you going to buy it its just not about snapchat its too much from that . There are some positive points but the negative are more thats making people taking there hands off from a windows phone

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
but people care about os

Actually as far as I see... to most it's just a phone.
To some every phone is an iPhone.
Other buyers stick with Samsung thinking it's be all end all Android device.

I was trying to say most users just don't really care.
If you notice out of the billions that have a phone in their purse or pocket the majority aren't on the web talking about the device they have.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yah you are right but people care about os and its feature just take an example if you are going to buy a new phone and you ask me how good is windows phone and i said its a crap doesn't even have snapchat are you going to buy it its just not about snapchat its too much from that . There are some positive points but the negative are more thats making people taking there hands off from a windows phone
That's really not an OS issue, though. That's an app issue.

As Guytronic mentioned, I really don't think people care that much about the actual OS running on their devices as long as the apps they need are available.

This applies to computers, too, not just phones. I belong to a local Linux User Group. Folks who prefer the Linux OS still use Windows for the programs unavailable for Linux, mainly gaming.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To some every phone is an iPhone.

I had to chuckle a couple days ago when I saw a listing in an online garage sale my wife is a member of. Someone had listed an "Amazon iPad". [serious] It was some version of Fire tablet. The point is that to some (a lot of) people, all tablets are iPads, just as all smartphones are iPhones.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
That's really not an OS issue, though. That's an app issue.

As Guytronic mentioned, I really don't think people care that much about the actual OS running on their devices as long as the apps they need are available.

This applies to computers, too, not just phones. I belong to a local Linux User Group. Folks who prefer the Linux OS still use Windows for the programs unavailable for Linux, mainly gaming.

Agree with you but which os is complete without apps you can see what happen to blackberry they also had poor app support and they can't make it , Reason Microsoft is still fighting is there foundation is too strong and they generate income from other things they are not depend upon mobile platform.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Reason Microsoft is still fighting is there foundation is too strong and they generate income from other things they are not depend upon mobile platform.

Yes that's true. What is currently unknown is how long Microsoft will keep supporting mobile if it doesn't eventually profit them. Any good business will shed divisions that are unprofitable.

How much indirect revenue does Microsoft get from mobile? Ads, Bing usage, Store sales, and other mobile related departments may make it worth keeping. Also, the future is moving towards mobile. I'm guessing this is the main reason Microsoft is keeping it alive for now.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes that's true. What is currently unknown is how long Microsoft will keep supporting mobile if it doesn't eventually profit them. Any good business will shed divisions that are unprofitable.

How much indirect revenue does Microsoft get from mobile? Ads, Bing usage, Store sales, and other mobile related departments may make it worth keeping. Also, the future is moving towards mobile. I'm guessing this is the main reason Microsoft is keeping it alive for now.

Windows Mobile will be alive until microsoft think they can do it .
Microsoft mobile business is totally under loss i don't know how long they can continue to run business under loss , they are cutting jobs closing store in india are not good sign . Look it 2017 will be there last try .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077