Why all hate microsoft windows phone?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, windows phone are not dead and it never will, these fool android and ios people pretend there OS is superior to us.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Android or iOS users are fools or saying any other OS is superior.

Many of us right here on WC are simply fascinated by mobile tech in all forms.
Windows Central is just one part of a plethora of sites giving all tech fans what they want.
We are a nation of mobile users.

Everyone no matter who they are or what they use will be welcome here.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't go so far as saying Android or iOS users are fools or saying any other OS is superior.

Windows Central is just one part of a plethora of sites giving all tech fans what they want.

Yess. It's funny, I used to be one of those who carried that attitude but it is true what they say about having your horizons broadened. Mobile is fun. It's just a matter of choosing what works for you personally, or they can be like some of us here that dip our hands in all of the pots.

Personally for me, Windows Mobile wins for the perfect balance between simplicity and customization. Android wins for customization and availability of apps. iOS wins for battery life (I mean for the SE, and + models, not the regular s or numbered models) and quality of apps.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

I just not mean to any individual who use ios or android .

Yes, every one have right to chose what suits them . I just chose wrong words to explain my point . I apologize for that .

Last edited:

Baemir

May 18, 2016
Visit site
too simple.

MS is not just a victim of the media hive mind, although that is certainly one component. More than anyone else, it is MS themselves who screwed up though.

First and foremost by assuming (for too long) that the PC would remain at the centre of everyone's computing experience. It's hard to decide what the second biggest blunder was. There is so much to choose from. Possibly it was MS' utter failure to innovate. WM6.x was stagnant for years, which lead to a crisis induced explosion of innovation with WP7, only for them to revert back to stagnation, more often than not removing innovative ideas from the OS, rather than improving, building upon, or adding to them.

Too simple? Just because I stated something plainly and tersely doesn't mean it's not true. How a product is marketed and how it is judged by the Media Gods Above is much more important than how good it is. Apple and Alienware devices, for example, have always been terribly overpriced for what they are; yet they have historically been far more popular than the products of other companies that offer objectively better products, not because of any valid merits but quite simply because their brainwashing was successful.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Too simple? Just because I stated something plainly and tersely doesn't mean it's not true.
Nor did I say it's not true. I said it's too simple. It's like saying the twin towers came down due to structural flaws. That isn't wrong either. It's just leaving out some important facts involving planes.

As already stated, I agree that media bias played a role. We probably disagree in how important that role was however. You seem to be suggesting that media bias was by far the single most important factor contributing to the failure of MS' mobile OS. To that I'd say no way!

Sure, there was a lot of unjustified negativity, but far more importantly, there was very little excitement and enthusiasm for WP, and that is fully on MS' shoulders, since WP never gave pundits much to get excited over. Continually playing catch-up, or providing slightly better solutions to problems other systems had solved years earlier just wasn't going to cut it, particularly when other features many people find very important (i.e. apps and the ecosystem) remained sub par. At no point after WP8 was it ever possible to make the argument that customers of this or that sort are best served with a Windows Phone (at least nothing with more weight than "personal preference"). That failure is entirely on MS shoulders, and IMHO that failure eclipses any shortcomings of the media. Had MS provided anything for the MEDIA to get excited over in the 2013/2014 time frame, we'd be in a very different situation now. IMHO the only way to identify the media as WP's primary detractor is by harboring the expectation that the media should have spun the narrative twice as strongly in the opposite direction, and that such extreme bias would then have been fair. I think not...

My point basically boils down to this:
Even if the media hadn't exhibited the negative bias they did, and even if they had been 100% objective, WM wouldn't be in a notably better position than it is now.

Last edited:

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Nor did I say it's not true. I said it's too simple. It's like saying the twin towers came down due to structural flaws. That isn't wrong either. It's just leaving out some important facts involving planes.
As already stated, I agree that media bias played a role. We probably disagree in how important that role was however. You seem to be suggesting that media bias was by far the single most important factor contributing to the failure of MS' mobile OS. To that I'd say no way!
Sure, there was a lot of unjustified negativity, but far more importantly, there was very little excitement and enthusiasm for WP, and that is fully on MS' shoulders, since WP never gave pundits much to get excited over. Continually playing catch-up, or providing slightly better solutions to problems other systems had solved years earlier just wasn't going to cut it, particularly when other features many people find very important (i.e. apps and the ecosystem) remained sub par. At no point after WP8 was it ever possible to make the argument that customers of this or that sort are best served with a Windows Phone (at least nothing with more weight than "personal preference"). That failure is entirely on MS shoulders, and IMHO that failure eclipses any shortcomings of the media. Had MS provided anything for the MEDIA to get excited over in the 2013/2014 time frame, we'd be in a very different situation now.
IMHO the only way to identify the media as WP's primary detractor is by harboring the expectation that the media should have spun the narrative twice as strongly in the opposite direction, and that such extreme bias would then have been fair. I think not...
My point basically boils down to this:
Even if the media hadn't exhibited the negative bias they did, and even if they had been 100% objective, WM wouldn't be in a notably better position than it is now.

True, media was not only which is responsible for poor reputation for windows phone , Microsoft always was one step backward from others. There was nothing special about windows 8.0 mobile. We can see just because of taking wrong steps they destroyed the strongest smartphone company totally, just because of poor OS Nokia had losses there entire market share . And even at the time of NOKIA the only reason there phones had catch up some sales because of there beautiful design with strong build quality and a mesmerizing camera .

Now time had been changed now people only want best from outside they also care what's inside it runs .

Microsoft is responsible for that .

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For most of the crowd simplicity is what they are after (my wife). Most of them don't want too much work to run a phone. And off course apps depending for the one person.
Like for me, I like Win phone 📞 as it is now but because of the one app I will have to go to iphone most likely.

Dinu Noroc

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
because in reality, Windows phone sucks as a smart device... I'm a Lumia 640 owner running the latest release version. here are my 5cents on this.

You can never rely on the maps app for navigation, the gps will kick you hard in the balls when you need it the most. Root will not update accordingly, may be the entire route will not be picked... this all works while I'm indoors, but in practicality I have had enough scenarios where I want to brick this down.

Social media - facebook messenger drains the battery quick, Viber is next, posting something on facebook is a nightmare, If I select more than 4 pics the app crashes, If I want to post a place it will crash, app will not open randomly, all this in the time I really need it the most!

To copy a contacts number, you have to go to peoples hub (or the tile) search n copy, if you search for the contact via phone app, you need to dial the number, end it, then go into info and copy it! damn....

thease are just a few of the annoying stuff I encounter in my day to day chores!

May be my next phone will be an android again!

Let's take it by points.

1. MAPS - Maps are great, always worked fine for me on all my phones. I liked Here Maps a lot, but Microsoft Maps are at least as good, and the UI is better. GPS never let me down while driving or walking. So I don't understand your frustration. It might be a device related issue for you.

2. SOCIAL MEDIA - Well... this has nothing to do with the OS. Facebook and FB Messenger are made by Facebook now. You need to blame the developer, not the OS. The old FB app (written by MS) worked flawlessly for me and for all my friends and family Windows Phone users.

3. CONTACTS - I just don't understand your way of copying a contact's number. Just open the contact > long tap on number > copy. What can be easier?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)