640 and 950 are actually only slightly different in size!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: 640 and 950 are actually slightly different in size!

I know right Jack! Makes you wanna keep it a little longer. Doesnt it! ^_^ And damn, you should have demoed the poor guy your phone man. Dont keep him away from the hate-love we all share with the platform! :p ^~^

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In lieu of subjects and scenery Libra. And that camera. You need to totes check out that last post by Dan. Imma link it the heck up here! :D

This gorgeous video shot with the Microsoft Lumia 950 makes us want to hit the beach | Windows Central

-- W
Wow, such great video. That's amazing! Thanks for linking.

What was really fun was when I went to the AT&T Store, I walked in and said I want a Lumia 950, and the guy said "You like Microsoft Phones?" I was like yeah I have a few... He was polite and said that most people people buy a 640XL and return it, he admitted not knowing anything else about them. Figures...
:eek: Aw that's so sad. Glad that he said Microsoft phones and not Nokia phones, because that is something that annoys me a little bit.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Wow, such great video. That's amazing! Thanks for linking.

:eek: Aw that's so sad. Glad that he said Microsoft phones and not Nokia phones, because that is something that annoys me a little bit.

Yeah. I noticed that small detail too. Too bad that so little attention is given to MS.. I really got a kick out of him when I told him that I sim swapped between a Nexus 5, iPhone 6 and a multiple WP's. His answer was classic, he said "Why?" I just laughed....

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

I'm imagining you getting annoyed. Fun stuff. Not annoying you. Just the imagining part. And on that note. I feel kind of stupider already. I have no clue/idea how the commenting system works under the published WC articles/posts. And how you get notifications working from them. Media incompetent. >_<

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm imagining you getting annoyed. Fun stuff. Not annoying you. Just the imagining part. And on that note. I feel kind of stupider already. I have no clue/idea how the commenting system works under the published WC articles/posts. And how you get notifications working from them. Media incompetent. >_<

-- W

Lol! No worries, other things annoy me more. I just don't like that.

Aw don't feel stupid, you can go to settings in the app and swipe to notifications to turn them on and select what you want to be notified for.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I know right Jack! Makes you wanna keep it a little longer. Doesnt it! ^_^ And damn, you should have demoed the poor guy your phone man. Dont keep him away from the hate-love we all share with the platform! :p ^~^

-- W

It did feel like a bit a upgrade tho, my sim was in a iPhone 5c when I walked in...I did show him how to setup the 950 because he didn't know..

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah. I noticed that small detail too. Too bad that so little attention is given to MS.. I really got a kick out of him when I told him that I sim swapped between a Nexus 5, iPhone 6 and a multiple WP's. His answer was classic, he said "Why?" I just laughed....
Lol, that's the best response. It's fun (or at least that is what I tell myself xd). Was he asking why for the switching?

It is fun and annoying, really.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Why do I have a feeling I definitely dont want to find out what those are by trial Libra.

I kind of feel bad, and hate to break it to you. But I'm one of those old fashioned people who still trawl through forums on their PCs/Notebooks, because they always have 'em on them. Courtesy work habits. Bad work ethic though. I suppose. So I have no idea how this stuff works outside of a web browser, not that I completely understand the 'inside of a web browser' part of it either. Last forum I was active on was all the way back in 2006. So. Eeek! Maybe I'll relearn eventually. o_O

Lets not forget the IRC channels before that. :/

-- W

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Lol, that's the best response. It's funn (or at least that is what I tell myself xd). Was he asking Why for the switching?

He did seem legitimately confused why a person would need to change phones like a person changes clothes... I guess its just a geek thing...

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Nobody even gets why I keep two phones on me. Much less changing them around. So le sigh for me. :(

Last legitimate (I respectfully disagree) argument I heard about it was all the better so that I could cheat on people with. T_T :'(

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah you don't. :p

Ooh, I would have never known that. Now I'm curious what made you come to Windows Central and become active here. (I'm aware that this is SUPER off topic but eh xd) You could always relearn if you wanted to.

I think I'm too young to remember IRC >.<

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

He did seem legitimately confused why a person would need to change phones like a person changes clothes... I guess its just a geek thing...
Fair point. On the flip side, you happen to be well versed with everything!

Nobody even gets why I keep two phones on me. Much less changing them around. So le sigh for me. :(

Last legitimate (I respectfully disagree) argument I heard about it was all the better so that I could cheat on people with. T_T :'(

-- W
I think I get why you do, but I do wonder if you put one in a pocket and hold the other one or if you do something else. I change phones a lot but carrying more than one at a time is a bit of weight for me.

Ooh that's a messed up argument. o_o

Whoops, double post. It is my own thread though lol.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Fair point. On the flip side, you happen to be well versed with everything!

I think I get why you do, but I do wonder if you put one in a pocket and hold the other one or if you do something else. I change phones a lot but carrying more than one at a time is a bit of weight for me.

Ooh that's a messed up argument. o_o

Whoops, double post. It is my own thread though lol.

Its you're party you can do what you want lol......

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Ooohhhh!!! Someone's all super scary today! \\(^~^)// Not that I mind or anything though. :3

Well, now you know. And you can never un-know it anymore Libra. No matter what you do. Poor girl. :< :p But, eh... I'm a sucker for good deals. Basically. And thats about it. :p I've followed WC for a pretty darn long time though. Occasionally hopped around the forums too, reading and stuff. So I've had alot of those, from the sidelines conversations with myself over a thread or two that I was reading. Going all off like, hey, thats not how its supposed to be. And thats how you do it. Thats the right case. You're plugging it wrong. In my head. Too much effort to sign up and give in my input. Commit to saying it. And I'm pretty sure you've noticed by now. I kind of over commit. If I accidentally ever make that mistake. Have a bad habit to. So I usually avoid it altogether. :p

Anyways, so I was buying up phones for everyone in the family. Except for dad. He will never part with his Nokia 1280. And I was planning to take a hand me down from mom because she was insisting. Her old HTC 8X that I'd gotten her. I started with smartphones and PDAs all the way back in the early 2000s. And left it for feature phones after my last Symbian, the 6680 Nokia, died around the same time the iPhones and the Androids took over. And I'm limping along on a hand me down 520 with a shattered screen, busted sensors, dying battery, and one working button, volume up. So my sister decides that her brother, who is forcing everyone else in the house to upgrade. Needs to be on the same phone as everyone else. And force buys me the 640. Which I absolutely wanted. I absolutely want most things in life. Only I'm very good about not acting those absolutely wants out. Anyways. So she does that.

About the same time Camaroz posted up his ATIV SE for a 100 bucks. And eventually price cut it to 75. And well, these are hard times for me. Try and understand. A couple odd years staunchly on feature phones, for a guy who's grown up around toys. And all of a sudden he's being thrust not one, but two. And I've maintained my family on fancy phones for a while now, and maintained those phones for them. My sister had an HTC Polaris when the Touch Diamond was the absolute cutting edge of phone. Full stop. Anyways, so I give in to temptation. And say heck why not. And I.... :O :O :O... Sign up! :O !O_O! For the forum! !o_O?! And I talk to Camaroz but it falls through. Because really. I'm too much of a sucker for bang for buck. I have been called a cheapstake on occasion. I faithfully disagree. And I forget about it...until! He price drops again. To 60 bucks. And I'm having a really bad day. I come back, and see it. And I say. What the duck. Lets just do it. Spoil my sorry bum. And I tell him it. Figure out the logistics of it. And pull the trigger.

Now since I'd already signed up. Courtesy the cardinal sins of Lust, Gluttony, and Greed. By giving up poor Sloth. And I have already been invested in the ecosystem since forever. I said heck, why not. I was already chipping in on the ATIV forums, it only has 3 threads, and the odd 640 threads. So it was pretty manageable for me. And I was content. All was good in life. And the forums. Until... You can give that one a guess. :p And dont blame me. 'Cause I'm not saying a word woman!

So I wasnt planning on this long drawn out story at all. But since you said SUPER off topic. And I've been brought up never to refuse a lady. I had to oblige. Regrettably. You didnt leave me by way of option Libra. :p

And aww... dont be cute. We're not that far apart in age. The only reason I remember IRC is prolly because I grew up on different parts of the internet. There's still parts of it where IRC is the primary media of commune you know. Much like how 4Chan is still a thing. Thankfully. I've always maintained sufficient and plausible distance from that one Libra.

Finally, a breather!

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Well, I almost only ever wear a shalwar kameez Libra. Men's Shalwar Kameez or Kurta usually very roomy pockets. And almost all of them have two pockets on them, one on either side. So one of them usually holds my wallet. Which is a big fat wallet. Really. And the other holds both my phones. And it all balances out between their weights. Otherwise, I look all lopsided stupid. :/ And if I'm using either of the phones. They basically just stay in my hand. I'm kind of used to hand carrying my phones too. Its really when I'm only wearing shalwar kameez with just one pocket when life becomes really hard. Trying to stuff everything into one pocket. Pockets overflowing. Having to hand carry not by choice but by need. Being lopsided. And looking like you're grown a pair of kidneys out the side. Under your clothes. Oh, the horrors! *Dies!* *Emphatically*

Usually when I'm driving though I tend to just leave my wallet in the car. When I get out. Or leave my phones. Or phone. Back in the car. So whatever I dont need gets left behind. Basically. And I travel on foot much lighter then. That way. :) ^_^

Now when I go out with three phones.... Thats a different story entirely. But I almost never. Thank goodness. And I can totally get what you mean by the weight adding on. Loose clothes with pockets sagging away to infinity left right and center. Is SO annoying. -__-

And yeah. It wasnt very nice. When that argument came about. :/ But there's only so much I can do. And I especially hate having arguments. Or fighting over things. I'd rather the other person have a go. Than incite it more any further. By partaking. Usually that just makes it worse. I no gets peoples. :(

AND YASSHHH!!! FOR THREAD DERAILINGGGG!!! :D :D :D :D

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, that's a very interesting story. I would have never guessed that was the reason why, but that is pretty cool though! That ATIV SE was meant for you, is what this sounds like. Wait, how do you all keep your Lumias straight?! I know that you said that yours is on W10M, but doesn't the rest of your family ever get mixed up?

Haha, okay, I'm not going to blame you xD Thanks for sharing the story, it's really interesting :)

Oh, that is good to know that we aren't that far apart. Phew. xd Ooh okay, I get where you are coming from. I forgot that 4Chan still exists. As you should! lol

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Well, it does take a lot of abuse from me. I cant remember the number of times its take a tumble all across the concrete. Or the roadside. And the pink Incipio Camaroz shipped it in with has taken the domestic abuse. And I've picked it up. Dusted it. And carried on like it was nothing. Just another day in the park. ^_^ :) I'm not abusive though. Promise. Especially not with things that are meant to be.

But yeah, I've spammed you with enough stories for now. You're quota for the day is up. Please come again tomorrow. And make sure to apply with your spam ration slip. Or you might just end up with more stories on your plate than you bargained for to chew woman.

Hey! What did you think! I was some old creepy person getting his last kicks before he kicked it. Or some little kid with growing pangs in his neighbors basement! I never! :O O_O Just kidding. Dont worry. No creep. ^_^ And well, you can only push 4Chan to the back of your mind. You can sadly never forget or completely ignore its existence. Its fallout, spread, and umbrella effect is too large. Ever Meme is a little bit of 4Chan let loose some more into the wider collective conscience. Of the internet. And especially the people. (Serious Serious)

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, I almost only ever wear a shalwar kameez Libra. Men's Shalwar Kameez or Kurta usually very roomy pockets. And almost all of them have two pockets on them, one on either side. So one of them usually holds my wallet. Which is a big fat wallet. Really. And the other holds both my phones. And it all balances out between their weights. Otherwise, I look all lopsided stupid. :/ And if I'm using either of the phones. They basically just stay in my hand. I'm kind of used to hand carrying my phones too. Its really when I'm only wearing shalwar kameez with just one pocket when life becomes really hard. Trying to stuff everything into one pocket. Pockets overflowing. Having to hand carry not by choice but by need. Being lopsided. And looking like you're grown a pair of kidneys out the side. Under your clothes. Oh, the horrors! *Dies!* *Emphatically*

Usually when I'm driving though I tend to just leave my wallet in the car. When I get out. Or leave my phones. Or phone. Back in the car. So whatever I dont need gets left behind. Basically. And I travel on foot much lighter then. That way. :) ^_^

Now when I go out with three phones.... Thats a different story entirely. But I almost never. Thank goodness. And I can totally get what you mean by the weight adding on. Loose clothes with pockets sagging away to infinity left right and center. Is SO annoying. -__-

And yeah. It wasnt very nice. When that argument came about. :/ But there's only so much I can do. And I especially hate having arguments. Or fighting over things. I'd rather the other person have a go. Than incite it more any further. By partaking. Usually that just makes it worse. I no gets peoples. :(

AND YASSHHH!!! FOR THREAD DERAILINGGGG!!! :D :D :D :D

-- W
I googled those and they look really nice! I can picture that balance working out. Ooh, one pocket sounds like a struggle. I do feel for you in those moments, hopefully you don't have to wear the one pocket ones much.

Ohh okay, that makes a lot of sense. Wait,three phones? I thought that you only had the 640, and ATIV SE. What's the other phone, or is that the 8X? That does sound annoying about the pockets, though. Girl pockets suck a good amount of the time so I can only picture and not relate.

Really? Arguments suck, I hate them too. They make me uncomfortable. Yeah I think some people get some kind of high off of being right...or least thinking that they are right.

Haha, I think some people of Windows Central are either amused by the derail, or they are hoping for something to happen or they just think it's cute. Not sure which one or which ones even xd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos