Lumia 650 Help please

CynicalCitizen

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, windows noob(ish) here:

I recently made the switch back to windows mobile after a hiatus of about 3-4 years and picked myself up a Lumia 650. I'm running windows OS build 10.0.14393.67, and I seem to be having some issues with my messaging app (just the stock messaging app). I can start a conversation with someone and everything goes well, but if I get texted the next day by the same person, it creates an entirely new thread. I can't find any way to rectify this in my settings, but I am hoping some of you may be able to help me. I currently have like 4 "open" conversations with some of my contacts and its kinda annoying.

Thanks in advance for the help

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
That isn't how it's supposed to be :/

I would suggest hard resetting without restoring a backup. The messaging app is a stock app so it's hard to remove it,otherwise I would've suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app first.

Btw welcome back :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
​All the info you need :p

Soft Reset

The soft reset is the same thing as pulling your battery (on devices where that is possible). This method will not remove anything at all from your phone and is completely safe to attempt in any problem situation.
You perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then press and hold the volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. Note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

Hard Reset

The hard reset will bring your phone back to factory settings, the same state as when the device was first turned on. All apps, messages, media, personal settings, etc will be removed from the phone. If backup is turned on under Settings, you can restore your apps and settings after performing a hard reset (as long as you initialize the phone with the same Microsoft Account). Note that resetting your device will not remove any OS or firmware updates. You will remain on the same version of Windows Phone after the reset.
If you can TURN ON your device you can reset your phone under Settings: Settings > about > reset your phone

If you can't open your device because of a forgotten PIN (or similar), you can use the button method: Press and hold the power-, volume-down- and camera buttons until the phone vibrates. Then release the power-button and keep the other two buttons pressed for another five seconds. The phone should reset to factory settings.

If both of these options failed there is one more alternative. Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset your device. This will take you back to the OS version which originally came with the phone. So for phones that did not ship with W10M, the WDRT will take it back to 8.0. If the phone was shipped with W10M, the tool will take it back to a version of W10M

Follow this link for instructions and download:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

CynicalCitizen

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Awesome!

Thanks for the info, I think i'm gonna start with a soft reset and see if that fixes it tomorrow, if not I guess I'm wiping the phone. Thanks again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa