What will be the status of windows phone after 6 months?

sreekumarssk

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
As of my knowledge Microsoft contract is getting over and Nokia is tie-up with HMD Global for Android phones. Microsoft has launched their last phone last October, after that no new mobile announcements. Now Nokia is shaking hands with HMD Global and launching new mobiles with Android OS. Who will provide support for the windows phone users? What will happen to the windows phone users? Applications? Support? and all?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't currently have any new Windows Phone handsets in the pipeline that we're aware of, but they are still developing and supporting the Windows 10 mobile OS.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
who knows, nobody is announcing anything, all you can do is hope for a 3rd party to start selling a phone that interests you, the OS will continue to get developed, and some apps may become UWP, thats it

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
There are many companies making Windows phones. Among them HP, Alcatel, NuAns, VAIO, Lenovo etc

yes? we got the x3 as a decent option, what else? from what I've seen I can tell you the 930 or 1520 could sweep the floor with any of those "offerings" and even the x3 is hardly a lumia competitor regarding the usual strengths the lumia line is known for

Sonic98

May 3, 2013
Visit site
There would be no status if it was up to Nadella. All these companies signed on to make UWP apps and phones, and he still all but abandoned the platform.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
[6 months later]
Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead!
[Media Outlet appears with a (seemingly) dead phone OS over his shoulder]
Media Outlet: Here's one.
Dead Collector: Nine pence.
Windows Phone: I'm not dead.
Dead Collector: What?
Media Outlet: Nothing. [hands the collector his money] There's your nine pence.
Windows Phone: I'm not dead!
Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Media Outlet: Yes he is.
Windows Phone: I'm not.
Dead Collector: He isn't.
Media Outlet: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
Windows Phone: I'm getting better.
Media Outlet: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
Windows Phone: I don't want to go on the cart.
Media Outlet:' Oh, don't be such a baby.
Dead Collector: I can't take him.
Windows Phone: I feel fine.
Media Outlet: Oh, do me a favor.
Dead Collector: I can't.
Media Outlet: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Blackberry's office. They've lost nine today.
Media Outlet: Well, when's your next round?
Dead Collector: Thursday.
Windows Phone: I think I'll go for a walk.
[Windows Phone goes for a walk and continues to live on]

tomjgpc3nn7vsd5zdrg.jpg

Last edited:

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I can confidently say that the OS will furtherly be developed as we see RS2 insider builds rolling in slowly, there is a rumoured Surface Phone possibly coming in early 2017, I see more and more OEMs jumping in so it doesn't look as bad as some might think.

And oh, one thing is for sure - don't worry, OS and devices will remain supporting the headphone jacks unlike some others :winktongue:.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Same as always.

We'll continue getting hundreds of apps every day... and the media outlets will ignore that to report one loss as an appeal to sensationalists.

...and Microsoft will be bad enough at PR so that public perception and consumer confidence stay on the decline. We may have some new overly thick and bulky Windows Phone announced to join the legacy of overly thick and bulky Windows Phones... and it may be impressive under the hood, but Microsoft will figure out a way to botch it so things don't get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire