Recently a lot of big name apps like Amazon, Dominos UK, Quizup, TriviCrack, GoPro, etc are leaving windows store. Why this is happening to windows. Though MS announced projects like Centennial, Islandwood, Westminster, etc and purchase of Xamarin, But nothing improves the situation. Still no big names in Windows ecosystem like Snapchat, periscope, pokemon go, lot of banking apps, lot of games. Lot enthusiastic windows users leaving this wonderful ecosystem because of who? Because of reluctant developers or reluctant Microsoft. What will be the future of MS if this trend continues? Who will answer me and few thosands of honest windows phone/windows device lovers?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-08-2016 01:54 PM
    And you posted this from an Android device. Ha ha
    I think you've answered your own questions. :)

On a serious note, the answer is really simple. There are just not enough users of Windows Mobile. It's all about where the users (and their money) are. It's simple economics. The app makers can't build an ecosystem for Microsoft if the users aren't there.
    I think Einstein once said that the "definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." Microsoft has proven this over and over for the past few years. They really have to figure out the mobile side quickly. Actually, it seems that they already have, as they appear to be focusing mobile on the enterprise market.
    09-08-2016 02:21 PM
    And you posted this from an Android device. Ha ha
    I think you've answered your own questions. :)

On a serious note, the answer is really simple. There are just not enough users of Windows Mobile. It's all about where the users (and their money) are. It's simple economics. The app makers can't build an ecosystem for Microsoft if the users aren't there.
    I think Einstein once said that the "definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." Microsoft has proven this over and over for the past few years. They really have to figure out the mobile side quickly. Actually, it seems that they already have, as they appear to be focusing mobile on the enterprise market.
    I firmly believe : "Build it... And they will come"
    09-08-2016 06:53 PM
    I'd love for that to happen. Maybe Microsoft should hire Kevin Costner and James Earl Jones. :D
    09-08-2016 09:04 PM