The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-20-2016 02:36 PM
45 12
tools
    In the end, if you want a window mobile made by Nokia/Microsoft - start stockpiling them
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:11 AM
    Are you saying im FAT or PHAT? ;P
    NO, NO!!! Look at my avatar. Happy Dog Here.

As Zac stated on our site, the Lumia lineup may be closing shop but the more important thing is that Windows 10 Mobile support will continue for a long time.
    THey won't have anything to support for me if they don't have any phones for me.

So anyone wanting a mid or low end device will probably have to look to the OEMs for that. That's when/if they get released.
    You said it !

Peace. Alan
    ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14915.1000.]
    Last edited by xandros9; 09-12-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: merging posts
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-12-2016 07:54 AM
    So anyone wanting a mid or low end device will probably have to look to the OEMs for that. That's when/if they get released.
    Not to mention if Carriers take them on since the regular consumer is unlikely to go looking for an unlocked Windows Phone online. So far the T-Mobile Alcatel is the only available inexpensive OEM consumer device available in this regard.
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    09-12-2016 09:36 AM
    ...anyone wanting a mid or low end device will probably have to look to the OEMs for that. That's when/if they get released.
    Not to mention if Carriers take them on since the regular consumer is unlikely to go looking for an unlocked Windows Phone online. So far the T-Mobile Alcatel is the only available inexpensive OEM consumer device available in this regard.
    Looking to carriers will probably result in frustration.

Yep, T-Mo is the only one seemingly willing to carry a 3rd party OEM for W10M. I believe it is so they can have an "exclusive" and nurse hurt feelings over AT&T being the only one to carry any of the x50 Lumias. I wouldn't look to T-Mo long though with their lackluster record of Windows device grab and drop.

By and large we are going to be BYOD around this platform. Sorry Verizon people.
    libra89 and Mach_E like this.
    09-12-2016 01:17 PM

Yep, T-Mo is the only one seemingly willing to carry a 3rd party OEM for W10M. I believe it is so they can have an "exclusive" and nurse hurt feelings over AT&T being the only one to carry any of the x50 Lumias. I wouldn't look to T-Mo long though with their lackluster record of Windows device grab and drop.

By and large we are going to be BYOD around this platform. Sorry Verizon people.
    On the other hand, if T-Mobile do get Windows OEM phones I wouldn't have any trouble buying direct from them since they are generally much cheaper and I can always unlock it later through them.

Anyway, let's see if that Alcatel Idol Pro 4 makes an appearance...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-12-2016 01:58 PM
    Its W10M that is letting the Lumias down. Constant crashing, restarting, apps not working, skype broken, one drive broken and they keep moving the settings around in each build. 950 excellent, W10 crap.
    xandros9 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-12-2016 02:16 PM

I know

Peace. Alan
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-12-2016 03:47 PM

BUT WAIT!!! The HP Elite X3 has a CDMA radio in it but MS and HP have it turned off by firmware. Isn't this a sign that MS may start playing with VZW. If MS want's to get businesses to buy into W10M on phones with the "One Whole Ecosystem", Continuum, in mind, they HAVE to bare in mind that there may well be more businesses on Verizon than all the other carriers combined.
    How many big corporations are on T-Mobile or Sprint - especially nationwide corporations?

Peace. Alan
    09-12-2016 04:44 PM
    BUT WAIT!!! The HP Elite X3 has a CDMA radio in it but MS and HP have it turned off by firmware. Isn't this a sign that MS may start playing with VZW.
    By default, Qualcomm SoCs have all the radios. OEM's pay for the ones they want enabled. What a model has is a sign of what the OEM finds it worthwhile to pay for.
    Laura Knotek and tgp like this.
    09-12-2016 04:51 PM
    By default, Qualcomm SoCs have all the radios. OEM's pay for the ones they want enabled. What a model has is a sign of what the OEM finds it worthwhile to pay for.
    Oh... Still a LOT of corporations on VZW. Let me hope.

Peace. Alan
    09-12-2016 05:06 PM
    Lumia line won't be sold anymore - but that paves the way for the surface brand, right? You just can't have an empty hole there for the next few years - it has to be filled up. Sure there could be a delay but a few months at most
    It makes sense to think along the klines of ' they spent a lot of money on Nokia so they wouldn't just dump it'.
    Unfortunately, in the business world, it will save them more money to cut their losses.
    Lumia is the best brand of phone I've seen. In my opinion, it is better than iDevices and Samsung lines. They are still dropping it though which makes one think that they are looking at it purely from a business point of view.

At this point, everything I've read about the surface phone points to it being pure speculation. If there was going to be a surface phone, it will be geared towards business users and the camera (the reason people buy high end Lumias) will not be top of the range or have particularly newsworthy specs.
    09-13-2016 04:02 PM
    For what I've seen there is nothing that can replace my Lumia. Its frustrating that there has been poor marketing and a stubborn willingness to create some apps from certain companies. As can be seen below from phone Arena users know the best phones and not the marketers-
    Attached Thumbnails lumia-930.jpg   lumia-comparisson.jpg  
    Last edited by jadonx; 09-19-2016 at 05:16 AM. Reason: better comparison
    09-19-2016 05:00 AM
    If OEMs wont bother why would consumers do? Windows 10 Mobile is going down the drain and will be enterprise focused.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-20-2016 04:21 PM
    I should probably get a 950xl before they run out of stock then
    09-20-2016 06:50 PM
    I should probably get a 950xl before they run out of stock then
    There's always buying gently used or from another vendor.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-20-2016 07:00 PM
    Hopefully making way for the surface phone sooner than later

Sent from mTalk
    Yes seems odd they would do this without having a replacement line ready to roll
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 10-20-2016 at 09:26 AM. Reason: separate original content from quote
    10-19-2016 11:33 PM
    Am awaiting delivery of the venerable Lumia 1020 to add to my portfolio. I'm dedicating it, along with my 1520.3, to camera and travel duties. I've also got a recent addition of Lumia 650 which is the last Lumia ever made (?)...
    libra89 likes this.
    10-20-2016 09:30 AM
    Am awaiting delivery of the venerable Lumia 1020 to add to my portfolio. I'm dedicating it, along with my 1520.3, to camera and travel duties. I've also got a recent addition of Lumia 650 which is the last Lumia ever made (?)...
    Yep, it is. You got a gem now (since it is the last).
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-20-2016 10:23 AM
    I always wondered why they never just came out with an updated 1020 with a faster CPU like they did with the iPad 3/4. I thought that was the main complaint or was it the 1020 just didn't sell enough for them to even consider that?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-20-2016 02:33 PM
    I always wondered why they never just came out with an updated 1020 with a faster CPU like they did with the iPad 3/4. I thought that was the main complaint or was it the 1020 just didn't sell enough for them to even consider that?
    I'm guessing it's the latter since it was a very niche device.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-20-2016 02:36 PM
45 12