I want to say RIP Lumia with this video :)

Gerg1

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys, I am very disappointed from the decision of Microsoft to discontinue the Lumia series. I want to say goodbye to Lumia series with this video. Hope you like it :)
RIP Lumia 2011-2016 :( I will miss such a iconic and beautiful devices. Nokia was different. Nokia was unique. This is why I love and I will always love Lumia. Solid build quality, amazing cameras and unique style. The last few models are boring, but they are awesome devices too in their own way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trkhp4SGWKo

Last edited:

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
That was great to watch. Made me want to get my still wonderful 925 out and fire it up ... and have a beer whilst I reminisce. Thanks for posting that. :)

Gerg1

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
That was great to watch. Made me want to get my still wonderful 925 out and fire it up ... and have a beer whilst I reminisce. Thanks for posting that. :)
Thank you very much mate :) I'm so sad they are discontinuing such a great series.

Gerg1

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Wow, great video! I really liked it, and it has me reminiscing back to my first Windows Phone.
Thanks :) My first Windows Phone was Lumia 610. :) I had then 535, now 640 and I am going to buy the 950 next month (hope it will be still on stock in Microsoft Store :) )
Vasil Dechkov thank you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks :) My first Windows Phone was Lumia 610. :) I had then 535, now 640 and I am going to buy the 950 next month (hope it will be still on stock in Microsoft Store :) )
Vasil Dechkov thank you.
That's a great upgrade path. The 640 is still one of my favorite phones ever.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Great video man! I have had Nokia phones since 2000 and got my first Lumia in 2012, the 810 then the beautiful 925 and now I have the 640 XL and 650. I will miss the Lumia line of phones.
A day we knew was coming...but still sad to see go nonetheless.

Gerg1

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
That's a great upgrade path. The 640 is still one of my favorite phones ever.
Solid phone, yeah! I will miss it, but the 950 is the only possible successor of my 640. I will miss the vibrant and glossy cyan, as well all the colorful covers (I have all of them + second cyan :D ). But I need the 20MP camera because I love photography. :)

Great video man! I have had Nokia phones since 2000 and got my first Lumia in 2012, the 810 then the beautiful 925 and now I have the 640 XL and 650. I will miss the Lumia line of phones.
A day we knew was coming...but still sad to see go nonetheless.
Thank you very much. :) I am afraid this Microsoft's decision will shrink the OS market share and lead it down. I don't want Windows Phone to follow the Blackberry's fate.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, you just brought back all the memories from the Nokia advertisements of old. They were so good.

Even Microsoft had a few gems too:

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this. Windows Phone 7/8 and the corresponding Nokia Lumia devices were so refreshing, beautiful, and unique. The photos hub, people hub, and social media integration was so awesome - still yet to be surpassed to this day. Nokia brought innovation to the hardware side, and the software side, making WP8 even better.

I'm going to ride out my Lumia 1520 & WP8.1 for as long as possible. Does everything I need. I absolutely love my Lumia 1520.

Nokia is the sole reason for the success that Windows Phone did have. Shame on Microsoft for dropping the ball and mishandling the acquisition. Lumia coming "in-house" along side software development was supposed to yield a bright and amazing future. Such a shame. :(

rinosaur

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to ride out my Lumia 1520 & WP8.1 for as long as possible. Does everything I need. I absolutely love my Lumia 1520.

At what point do you look to the future though? Would you consider getting the 950XL/HPx3 or hoping for a future device? I think the days of WM8.1 are really numbered. What little app store 8.1 has is going down in numbers daily.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care anymore. The Lumia brand kind of died with a 1502, to me. I was unimpressed by how pricey and underpowered the 830 was. The 930 never made it to the US, except as the ill-fated ICON that Verizon totally neglected. The 950 series has shoddy build quality and feels like an attempt by MS to do a beta test...with its last flagship Lumia.

That we got 2 incredibly bull colors for the 950 and XL was pathetic. That their solution to shafting us on a staple of the Lumia line (personalization through unique color options) was to dump overpriced covers from Europe was even worse(I'm not throwing $40-50 on my already overpriced 950 to make it green, a color I don't even want). I always hoped we would see Lumia evolve into a less-busy Moto Maker (meaning we could pick from a lot of colors), but oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb