Where I would take Windows Mobile

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Remember the HP iPaq H6300 from '04? It was the first phone with a 3.5" screen and no keyboard. There was an add-on thumb keyboard but it was a pain. Everybody within earshot of a T-Mobile store blasted it. Fast forward 3 years and voila! The iPhone and its 3.5" display. The rest as they say, was history.

Lol unfortunately I don't have a counter for this :p

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft couldn't organise an excessive consumption of alcohol event in a brewery, which is why they keep blundering onward with no real direction. Just the "customer service" experience I had to endure this last fortnight, is enough to actively dissuade people to abandon Microsoft ANYTHING, that's before they'd even had a chance to delve deeper or experience the MS ineptitude in all its fantastic varieties of fail and cluelessness, spidering outward across ALL their many departments and employees.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Correction.. don't use them as daily drivers :p I can fully imagine that they have one sitting somewhere that only serves for testing purposes.

That's basically what enterprise will give us. (Maybe, if it hits off) a ton of people using w10m but probably only as long as their on the workfloor.

If they happen to like what they see, they might pick one up for personal use

Think MS understands that reality???

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Enterprise needs mindblowing devices running an intuitive easy to use logical and fun OS. My cousin was given a Lumia 550 as a work phone, he has an iPhone 6, his response regarding the Lumia was that its just S**t.

X3, Surface Phone and only top end hard ware solutions that can pale the iPhone will work, especially now that Samsung have halted production and have an image issue.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Enterprise needs mindblowing devices running an intuitive easy to use logical and fun OS. My cousin was given a Lumia 550 as a work phone, he has an iPhone 6, his response regarding the Lumia was that its just S**t.

X3, Surface Phone and only top end hard ware solutions that can pale the iPhone will work, especially now that Samsung have halted production and have an image issue.

Well if the rumors are true and we do get three price tiers, then we probably will see at least one device that's beefed up like Hulk xd

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
For me W10M works pretty well. The biggest thing though is that I can't use the phone in the car. Microsoft is a core member of the CCC, so why MirrorLink isn't on the roadmap is really confusing to me. Particularly because of their push for Cortana and Continuum. This would be the perfect use case.

And before anyone says the new focus in enterprise, I am a Network Engineer and visit customers across the Pacific Northwest. I can spend up to 10 hours in the car in one day. Bluetooth audio simply doesn't cut it these days. I need to have navigation and access to messages and calls from the road. Windows 10 Mobile simply doesn't work for road warriors. It is the worst platform available, and Microsoft just doesn't care.

I also think it is strange that Microsoft haven't implemented MirrorLink yet. Dosen't matter if you are a private market consumer or business user. Both types need it. Where I work they start using Android & iOS devices due to this.

MirrorLink
Car Connectivity consortium

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon