CNET article about NYPD choosing Windows Phone

Mach_E

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
... You read that right. Life and death situations rely on outdated phones running Microsoft's Windows Phone software.
You may knock the unpopular Windows Phone platform, which commands less than 1 percent of the phone market, but the NYPD believes Microsoft was the most appropriate way to go.
The department looked at Apple's iOS and Google's Android, but picked Windows Phone for its security features and the ability to remotely manage the thousands of devices in the hands of officers.

Didn't refrain from taking a jab at WP.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but I kinda look at the NYPD using WPs as Microsoft grabbing a foothold in that market. If a police department the size of New York's can utilize WPs so effectively, other departments might follow suit. Pretty smart move that I hope will continue.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Mach_E
... You read that right. Life and death situations rely on outdated phones running Microsoft's Windows Phone software.
You may knock the unpopular Windows Phone platform, which commands less than 1 percent of the phone market, but the NYPD believes Microsoft was the most appropriate way to go.
The department looked at Apple's iOS and Google's Android, but picked Windows Phone for its security features and the ability to remotely manage the thousands of devices in the hands of officers.

Didn't refrain from taking a jab at WP.

My favorite part about this jab is that they referred to the phones as outdated, yet this rollout was done in 2015, the same year both phones were released.

More like outdated article. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs