Think the flammable Galaxy Note 7 will increase WP sales?
    I am thinking Android users would just go to another phone manufacturer.

Thoughts?
    10-13-2016 10:50 PM
    Think the flammable Galaxy Note 7 will increase WP sales?
    I am thinking Android users would just go to another phone manufacturer.

Thoughts?
    Nope...
    It will drive the Google Pixel or the LG V20.
    10-13-2016 10:51 PM
    No. Wishful thinking, yes. But no this won't push anyone to Windows Phone. Most of my customers have been exchanging theirs for the Galaxy S7 edge because it's the closest Samsung equivalent that checks most of the boxes Note owners want (expandable storage, water resistance, big screen, good camera). Although, today I had a couple people say they are holding out for the LG V20. And there's also a handful that are jumping to iPhone.

Note7 owners aren't leaving Android, they are just leaving the Note7. The ones who were on the brink of going to iPhone, or owned an iPhone before trying out Android by getting a Note7, are going to (or back to) iPhone for the most part.

That being said, this is only what I see. Not saying people might be doing something else in other parts of the world, but in America it's rare to find a person who even knows what Windows Phone is.
    10-13-2016 10:55 PM
    Windows needed better newer hardware to drive the game.
    Anyone thinking WP can surge at this point needs to look closely at the last few months of effort from MS.

It's easy to point fingers or blame Mr. Nadella for the downturn.
    In my opinion the failure is placed squarely in the lap of the consumer.
    Keep in mind that Windows phone fans are way different than the street consumer.

Windows could have so easily been a contender.
    I was fascinated with it when I first found the Windows phone.
    Sadly the damage is done :(
    10-13-2016 11:08 PM
    It isn't just about the hardware, but it is also about the apps.

Unfortunately, folks who are turning in their Note 7 will most likely choose other Android devices, since they will want to have the same apps that they had on their Note 7.
    10-13-2016 11:31 PM
    It isn't just about the hardware, but it is also about the apps.

Unfortunately, folks who are turning in their Note 7 will most likely choose other Android devices, since they will want to have the same apps that they had on their Note 7.
    Agreed.
    10-14-2016 12:32 AM
    10-14-2016 06:28 AM
    I am sorry that the Galaxy Note 7, is experiencing the troubles they are having (seems like a good phone), I am sure that they will fix their woes with a replacement model in the future. I also don't wish to capitalize on anyone's misfortune; I would rather it be done the old fashion way..."because we EARNED IT!"

I will also say that it just shows that the problems with the evolution of the WP ecosystem could always be worse.
    10-14-2016 06:51 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't think it will translate to more WP sales...
    Although it's probably a good time for an Android manufacturer (Samsung competitor) or 2 that may see increased sales.
    10-14-2016 08:39 AM
    I just gave my note 7 back and now want to get a 950 xl. I know it's not as good in terms of specs but I like the look of the phone, especially in white. I have had android and iOS devices for years and I do miss windows.

Last time I used windows was on an Xperia X1 and remember how much I loved it. Will I love the 950 XL as much, time will tell.

For me iOS looks cartoonish and android is not much different. I love how W10M looks and think it's a much better interface than the other 2.
    10-18-2016 03:51 PM
    I just gave my note 7 back and now want to get a 950 xl. I know it's not as good in terms of specs but I like the look of the phone, especially in white. I have had android and iOS devices for years and I do miss windows.

Last time I used windows was on an Xperia X1 and remember how much I loved it. Will I love the 950 XL as much, time will tell.

For me iOS looks cartoonish and android is not much different. I love how W10M looks and think it's a much better interface than the other 2.
    Well we'll await your thoughts, coming from the Xperia X1 is quite the jump in continuity. Windows on phones has changed a lot in the jump to 7 and then 10.
    10-18-2016 04:02 PM
    Well we'll await your thoughts, coming from the Xperia X1 is quite the jump in continuity. Windows on phones has changed a lot in the jump to 7 and then 10.
    I did use a 930 for a couple of months with windows 8 and I did enjoy using that so hope 10 is just as as good.

Just waiting for my upgrade to revert then I can get one.
    10-18-2016 04:04 PM
    I had a Nokia 520 then went to a Galaxy S5 for 2 years then to a Note 7 for 3 weeks in early September. I saw the writing on the wall and did not get a replacement Note 7. The replacement? Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL. The speed and performance is pathetic, but it will suffice until t-mobile gets a mid to high end Windows 10 mobile device. . . So yes, a Note 7 user did go to a Windows Phone!
    ObsessionWax likes this.
    10-18-2016 04:21 PM
    If Windows 10 Mobile had an active pen solution, there might have been some jumpers. But as it stands now, doubt it.
    xandros9 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    10-18-2016 04:42 PM