new to Windows mobile, nav recommendation

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My 950 arrives in a few days and it will be my first windows phone. I use navigation everyday for work and I was wondering what others like to use and find reliable. On android, I have been using waze. My biggest gripes with Google maps is that it would drop sometimes as a background task and leave me directionless. I also didn't like to the constant unnecessary voice prompts.

Elbow Smackers

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Use the Native Map app. It works great for me. Add your Home and work to your "Favorites". Cortana will let you know when you should leave or not.

Also make you check out some of the guides on this website to help you get around using Windows 10 mobile. I had the 950- but then switched for the 950 xl. Both are excellent phones.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I've used CoPilot for years and like it a lot. I don't find the WP app to be as easy to use as CoPilot. Also, gMaps is available and I use it some as well.

Try each and see which fits your needs and operates like you want the app to do.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I like is that Maps let's you download Maps for offline nav. You do need data for traffic alerts and My Commute, but on data-less devices it still navs like a boss. I've never had it drop out of background. I also like that my Favorites sync across devices. Makes trip planning easy, set Faves on desktop as you research and you have them in the field automagically.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I use Maps as well. I am a photographer and use it every weekend. What I like about is, I can search for a venue on my desktop and when I find it I can choose "send directions to phone" and a link is texted to my WP. When I am in the car I clink the link and it brings up my turn by turn directions in Maps.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Lightning_Racer

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I also like that my Favorites sync across devices.

I just got my Lumia 650 a week or two ago, upgrading from my 630, so I'm getting used to W10M. How do you save a favorite to Maps on the phone? I tried long holding the address directly on the map and on the pulldown list to see if I could pull up a menu, and I looked to see if there was an option in the star at the bottom to save to the favorites, but I can't find it. I do notice that I can save a favorite on my Surface Pro 3 that syncs to the phone, but how do I do it directly on the phone?

Lightning_Racer

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Oh, nevermind. It took about three or four times 5 minutes of fiddling, and seeing another thread about this to figure out to touch the two lines thing to expand on the search result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12