Just *cough cough* dusting off the thread

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, apart from the tumble weeds rattling around, is there anymore news from these guys? Very short on info, and a lack of announcements. Will fall have fallen over before we get any more news? The last we heard was the manufacturing compliances, but little since. My doubts at the start of this are growing. I hope I'm wrong.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I heard regulatory issues, my first thought was that they opened the radio for CDMA and are trying to get it past Verizon Certification. Just supposition on my part.

You may still #colormeCerulean

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Until it's certified by the FCC, it's just a mirage. After that, it needs to be certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance and subsequently, the Bluetooth SIG. This would only lead me to believe that either it's getting a CDMA radio as RumoredNow opined or it's not going to be a Moly phone. The Moly is already TENAA certified in its homeland China so it should theoretically be a formality to get it past the FCC. Unless.....

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If we've hung out here this long, we know the routine lol... It'll come when it comes lol

At least whatever we each have now is probably still highly capable, and we're just bored looking to change things up

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Their last tweet from 4 days ago says a bit delayed:

https://twitter.com/ceruleanmobile/status/805977218644111360

Just down the feed it says this:

Capture01.png

3G Band 2/5 sounds good to me but the T-Mo people who depend on Band 4 AWS will be cheesed of for sure.

LTE Band 2/4/12/17 is likewise alright by me, but Band 17 is slightly redundant as AT&T have Band 12 now with interoperability for 17. Useful in Canada and other places in the Americas. Band 5 should have been in as AT&T is repurposing that frequency from 2G which retires on New Years Day. Also, AT&T seems to be deploying some Band 30 so that would have been nice future proofing.

CDMA I'll have to defer to someone else there...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 132658

3G Band 2/5 sounds good to me but the T-Mo people who depend on Band 4 AWS will be cheesed of for sure.

LTE Band 2/4/12/17 is likewise alright by me, but Band 17 is slightly redundant as AT&T have Band 12 now with interoperability for 17. Useful in Canada and other places in the Americas. Band 5 should have been in as AT&T is repurposing that frequency from 2G which retires on New Years Day. Also, AT&T seems to be deploying some Band 30 so that would have been nice future proofing.

Verizon LTE works on Bands 4 & 13 and Sprint, I believe, is Band 26 and/or 41. Not 100% sure on Sprint, don't quote me.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 132658

Hi RumoredNow. Found this table. It's from 2015 but may help with the cdma info.
sGotl8j.png
It's from 2015 but still valid for the most part

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've just heard a little whisper...

That November 4 Tweet is out of date.

Engineers are testing a more expansive radio. I don't have all the details but Band 13 was mentioned and 3 countries in the Americas.

Sounds very encouraging. We may have a Happy, Cerulean shaded 2017. :cool:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I've just heard a little whisper...

That November 4 Tweet is out of date.

Engineers are testing a more expansive radio. I don't have all the details but Band 13 was mentioned and 3 countries in the Americas.

Sounds very encouraging. We may have a Happy, Cerulean shaded 2017. :cool:
Nice. If true, good for them. And good for whoever uses CDMA that has been waiting...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
3 countries in the Americas

Common wisdom might put that as US/Canada/Mexico for logistic simplicity. I have no first hand knowledge, but US/Canada makes complete sense...

Maybe Brazil for the third? They clamor after Windows Phone down there from what I gather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon