Nokia is back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Nokia has returned !

Hello folks,
Contract of MS and NOKIA Lumia's series is becoming near to end.

NOKIA will coming with Android OS later in December '16 or maybe till Feb '17.

According to rumors, NOKIA will also offering their phones with choice of OS in market which will either ANDROID or WINDOWS 10 MOBILE. If it happens, which one OS will you choose?

[edit]: Nokia has revealed their first Android Smartphone at MWC by HMD/Nokia yesterday.

READ SPECS - http://forums.windowscentral.com/phone-wars/445109-3.htm

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia mobile is coming back with choice of OS(es).

Do you have a source for this rumour of choice of OS on new Nokia devices?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

My prediction:

Nokia surprises us all by developing a Tizen phonel

:cool:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

They are definitely coming with an android phone, nice looking design too. I was wondering how their relationship with Microsoft would be after this year and if they'd decide on Windows in the future. I'd pick the Windows variant over any android variant if it's offered.

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Do you have a source for this rumour of choice of OS on new Nokia devices?
There was a report by NPU on the c1 possibly running two different Operating Systems (Android/Windows), but that was in 2015.

Sent from mTalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

There was a report by NPU on the c1 possibly running two different Operating Systems (Android/Windows), but that was in 2015.

Sent from mTalk
I remember that. I want to see if the OP has any current information.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Nokia will never ever going to build windows mobile phones again.
Lessons learned.
Its saver for them to go with Android then with Windows.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

nothing new that is already in the public. Q4 is already running and we only have a few snapshots of "maybe device that Nokia could launch" . It is unlikely that a dual boot device is under development. The most expected is Nokia D1C but still nothing is concrete about it from Nokia.

As D1C is already listed on a eseller website here: Nokia D1C Best Price in India 2016, Specifications & Review

which again could just be hot air.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

nothing new that is already in the public. Q4 is already running and we only have a few snapshots of "maybe device that Nokia could launch" . It is unlikely that a dual boot device is under development. The most expected is Nokia D1C but still nothing is concrete about it from Nokia.

As D1C is already listed on a eseller website here: Nokia D1C Best Price in India 2016, Specifications & Review

which again could just be hot air.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/of...interested-upcoming-nokias-android-phone.html

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site

I will be waiting for a 1020-like Android or Win 10 phone form Nokia. Maybe with more pixels and even better optics?

GeorgeFormby

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site

I think it's going to be difficult for Nokia to reenter the smartphone space. The brand is still strong with people nostalgic for the 90s but the Smartphone space is so wrapped up now with lots of competitors. Leaving aside Apple and Samsung, the Chinese are starting to build great phones and Google are throwing their weight in. I don't see how a company the size of Nokia can compete in that space.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I think it's going to be difficult for Nokia to reenter the smartphone space. The brand is still strong with people nostalgic for the 90s but the Smartphone space is so wrapped up now with lots of competitors. Leaving aside Apple and Samsung, the Chinese are starting to build great phones and Google are throwing their weight in. I don't see how a company the size of Nokia can compete in that space.
Unless they try Windows again...

sent by mTalk

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Nokia would be wise to offer both Android and Windows variants. There is a huge void in the Windows Phone space with the "retrenchment" of Microsoft Mobile, and I'm sure that many of us would quickly pick up a new Nokia Windows flagship if it were made available.

No sense limiting your sales to one or the other, cater to both markets and a larger prospective customer base.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sailfish by Jolla... would have thought Jolla being Finnish and all it would be a no brainer. Keep the R & D in Finland and have the manufacturing outlay reside with an ODM.

Although I would love to see Finnish built phones again... sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Get with the times, it is now called SailfishOS!
wink.png

Drat! you beat me to the punch!

That's what happens I suppose when you go to cook late dinner haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb