12-27-2016 01:18 PM
252 ... 891011
tools
    Yes, let's all stick to twitter-length hyperbole. Better society that way. Just look at the US election.
    Nah, I like the long posts for discussion.

Really it's just passion. It's nice to see passion about something that isn't dangerous or illegal. I think not having passion in anything is a sad life to lead.
    12-26-2016 02:10 PM
    I was on FB for only a couple of months. Being in management i couldn't believe the incriminating things our employees were posting. I felt it was best if i didn't know. I'll leave that to HR.
    Yeah, you be carefull...seriously.

Nah, I like the long posts for discussion.

Really it's just passion. It's nice to see passion about something that isn't dangerous or illegal. I think not having passion in anything is a sad life to lead.
    The graphics gave me a headache from the start.

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Last edited by xandros9; 12-26-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: merging two posts
    Guytronic and aximtreo like this.
    12-26-2016 02:12 PM
    The graphics gave me a headache from the start.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Ooh I'm sorry about that. That sucks. :(
    12-26-2016 02:22 PM
    Ooh I'm sorry about that. That sucks. :(
    Nah... don't be silly. I just didn't like them. They we're uuuge! They should be clickable so you can know they're there, but only see them when/if you need too, imho.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    libra89, Guytronic and aximtreo like this.
    12-26-2016 02:27 PM
    I was on FB for only a couple of months. Being in management i couldn't believe the incriminating things our employees were posting. I felt it was best if i didn't know. I'll leave that to HR.
    Tsk, tsk. Spying on employees' FB posts?
    12-26-2016 03:00 PM
    Tsk, tsk. Spying on employees' FB posts?
    No. They asked to be "friended" (Is that the right term?). They then post things you can see. Calling in sick while posting pics of a party they're at. I didn't want to see that so I left Facebook.
    12-26-2016 03:21 PM
    Yes, let's all stick to twitter-length hyperbole. Better society that way. Just look at the US election.
    How 'bout some levity, man?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    12-26-2016 04:30 PM
    Ah, the days of flip phones beckons more so. At least we have a great mod team here keeping things from getting out of hand. Been on Facebook lately? I'm thiiiis close to closing my account.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    I knew back around and even before the myspace days, to steer away from social-network hosting sites/services, for my own good of course. Seems I am a rare breed from that era that was able to do so...I will admit though that I have a non-maintained Google+ account though.

Sent from mTalk
    12-26-2016 04:33 PM
    I knew back around and even before the myspace days, to steer away from social-network hosting sites/services, for my own good of course. Seems I am a rare breed from that era that was able to do so...I will admit though that I have a non-maintained Google+ account though.

Sent from mTalk
    Ditto. Never did myspace or facebook.

I was recently reading something on browsing privacy and facebook and EVERY website that has a Facebook link on it - Facebook records your presence on that site, the date, time and duration. You don't even have to click on the hyperlink BUT you DO have to be a Facebook Member.

One question: when was the last time there wasn't a Facebook link at a website?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    12-26-2016 04:47 PM
    No. They asked to be "friended" (Is that the right term?). They then post things you can see. Calling in sick while posting pics of a party they're at. I didn't want to see that so I left Facebook.
    In that case then those employees are just dumb.

Sent from mTalk
    I'm only on FB because my wife and some friends send some really funny"stuff" for lack of a better word.

Last edited by xandros9; 12-26-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: merging two posts
    12-26-2016 05:37 PM
    In that case then those employees are just dumb.

Agreed. I will never friend a boss or coworker on a site like that. I disabled my FB years ago though.
    12-26-2016 05:41 PM
    I'm not on FB because my wife...
    I got my wonderful yet opinionated wife started on FBook because I got roped into Farmville by a few overseas friends.
    When she saw that mind numbing deal she was hooked.

Think it all started maybe 5 years ago.
    I stepped away from Facebook after a few months of seeing stuff I didn't really want to see.
    The wife still maintains my logins there though.
    12-26-2016 06:00 PM
    I got my wonderful yet opinionated wife started on FBook because I got roped into Farmville by a few overseas friends.
    When she saw that mind numbing deal she was hooked.

Think it all started maybe 5 years ago.
    I stepped away from Facebook after a few months of seeing stuff I didn't really want to see.
    The wife still maintains my logins there though.
    That's "grounds", man. That's "Grounds"

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Guytronic and aximtreo like this.
    12-26-2016 06:08 PM
    Ditto. Never did myspace or facebook.

I was recently reading something on browsing privacy and facebook and EVERY website that has a Facebook link on it - Facebook records your presence on that site, the date, time and duration. You don't even have to click on the hyperlink BUT you DO have to be a Facebook Member.

One question: when was the last time there wasn't a Facebook link at a website?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Edited for clarity: It goes a little deeper..I read an article where statistics showed that user data requests to facebook from government and state authorities rose 13%, and over half those requests were prefaced with an nda.

Sent from mTalk
    12-26-2016 06:11 PM
    If anything these past couple of pages won't convince anyone to move to an android or windows type of device, since both are guaranteed to come preinstalled with Facebook...;)

Sent from mTalk
    12-26-2016 06:20 PM
    Edited for clarity: It goes a little deeper..I read an article where statistics showed that user data requests to facebook from government and state authorities rose 13%, and over half those requests were prefaced with an nda.

Sent from mTalk
    Sheesh... and that ain't the Department of Agriculture I don't suppose?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    12-26-2016 06:22 PM
    Not a good suggestion. The elections have made Twitter a cesspool for anyone with half a brain and a keyboard.
    Twitter now requires half a brain? At least that's a step in the right direction. But what do I know? I didn't even know you had to have a keyboard to use Twitter.
    12-27-2016 08:21 AM
    I was recently reading something on browsing privacy and facebook and EVERY website that has a Facebook link on it
    Not if you use a browser extension that replaces them.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    12-27-2016 08:23 AM

Another example of it's a privilege to be stupid me thinks.
    TgeekB and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    12-27-2016 08:31 AM
    Agreed. I will never friend a boss or coworker on a site like that. I disabled my FB years ago though.
    For informational sake, how does one disable a Facebook account? It might be my only New Years Resolution this year. LOL
    12-27-2016 08:35 AM
    For informational sake, how does one disable a Facebook account? It might be my only New Years Resolution this year. LOL
    I believe you have to manually block each and every other Facebook user. When you block the last one, your account will be automatically disabled for 24 hours.
    12-27-2016 09:31 AM
    I can't recall how but it is buried. I remember following an article online on how to do it. I think it starts with privacy settings, can't remember exactly.
    12-27-2016 09:54 AM
    I can't recall how but it is buried. I remember following an article online on how to do it. I think it starts with privacy settings, can't remember exactly.
    Interesting. So there's no official Facebook tutorial or instructions for this?

Sent from mTalk
    12-27-2016 09:59 AM
    Just for the record...how far off topic are we allowed to go on this thread? :)

Sent from mTalk
    aximtreo and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    12-27-2016 10:00 AM
    Interesting. So there's no official Facebook tutorial or instructions for this?

Sent from mTalk
    Facebook tries to discourage you from doing it. I think if you type in "disable account" in the settings search bar (not sure if this is still a thing), it will lead you there. Deleting is permanent, disabling allows you to use it again when you choose to log in next, even though your profile appears deleted.
    Guytronic and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    12-27-2016 10:16 AM
252 ... 891011