How to convince iPhone and Android users to make the switch?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Like I said, for me, hope springs eternal. But I'm 68 I ain't got as many years as others to wait for it. That's why I've kept service on my ICON and AIN'T gonna give up. As long as I'm alive I'm wishin' and hopin' and waitin....:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Bunch of us old "Farts" around WC. I'm 71 and have my 650 active on Cricket just waiting. I turned down an opportunity to trade my iPhone6s Plus for the HP X3. Still wondering if I should get back in touch to see if it's still available. What do you think.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Bunch of us old "Farts" around WC. I'm 71 and have my 650 active on Cricket just waiting. I turned down an opportunity to trade my iPhone6s Plus for the HP X3. Still wondering if I should get back in touch to see if it's still available. What do you think.
Well, it may depend on your carrier but if you have like a 14 day no questions asked return period like VZW has - I would JUMP ON THAT!!! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Grrrrrrrrrr.......... I'm so jealous. :eck:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I see you've been keeping up on the X3 Forum - so if you're STILL thinking about going - GO!!!

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

XyThe Guy

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I dunno... It's hard. People like iPhone because it's all about the hype and the current trend.
It'd be easier to get someone to switch to Razer from Macbook though. Lol

Mohammed Bugedwala

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Tbqh, as big a Microsoft fan I would be, I'd not suggest a Windows Phone/Mobile to anyone right now. It's not matured yet and has no big differentiator that a common man would use on everyday basis.
With ARM chips finally running Windows, I'm hopeful and with more development coming in on those, I can see myself referring Windows to normal users again.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hahaha...that was me aximtreo. I removed that listing last night. I posted my x3 last week there for 1 reason. Trying to make a long story short here... is that I realized that GOOD for Enterprise was no longer going to be supported by one of my clients. So the only option was to get GOOD Work (iOS/Android only), so I needed an iPhone or an Android phone to do that. Windows Mobile does not offer that (yet). I am die hard about my email, what can I say...So last night I figured out via a tutorial on blackberry's support site how to activate my device for BES 12.5. I would have never posted my X3 like that had I not been mislead by the IT/Messaging support guys. PS: Don't worry even "old Farts" can still have fun.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hahaha...that was me aximtreo. I removed that listing last night. I posted my x3 last week there for 1 reason. Trying to make a long story short here... is that I realized that GOOD for Enterprise was no longer going to be supported by one of my clients. So the only option was to get GOOD Work (iOS/Android only), so I needed an iPhone or an Android phone to do that. Windows Mobile does not offer that (yet). I am die hard about my email, what can I say...So last night I figured out via a tutorial on blackberry's support site how to activate my device for BES 12.5. I would have never posted my X3 like that had I not been mislead by the IT/Messaging support guys. PS: Don't worry even "old Farts" can still have fun.

Broke my heart. I'm still crying. LOL No problem. That's what I like about this site. We don't draw the upper crust of users; just the really good ones.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I dunno... It's hard. People like iPhone because it's all about the hype and the current trend.
It'd be easier to get someone to switch to Razer from Macbook though. Lol
That's only part of the story. It's also because, for many, it works and they are satisfied with the experience.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In what way? If it meets someone's needs (we're not all the same) how is it a bad thing?

This. I love the simplicity of iOS. The fact that you can get the SE for the price of a midrange Android, which has excellent performance and main camera, is great.

That is, if you don't mind a smaller screen.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
In what way? If it meets someone's needs (we're not all the same) how is it a bad thing?
I did not say it was bad. Apple has the capability to much more than what we hold in our hands. Though business is business and I understand the reason Apple makes certain choices. Yet because it just works is one of the main reasons I still use iOS. Yet you just get what you get, what Apple wants you to have, which all in all is not a bad thing. But there are always two sides to every coin.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I did not say it was bad. Apple has the capability to much more than what we hold in our hands. Though business is business and I understand the reason Apple makes certain choices. Yet because it just works is one of the main reasons I still use iOS. Yet you just get what you get, what Apple wants you to have, which all in all is not a bad thing. But there are always two sides to every coin.
I agree. It is what it is and you have to fit into and accept that if you are going to use it. My wife uses an iPhone and likes it. I'm more an Android guy. Having choices is a good thing.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

That's alright, Nate. Karma IS real. Someone's gonna break your heart one of these days :smile:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Broke my heart. I'm still crying. LOL No problem. That's what I like about this site. We don't draw the upper crust of users; just the really good ones.
You still got your 650 - you can't tell me that's not still fun though. :winktongue:

EDIT>>>>There's just something about a windows phone ie my Lumia ICON, but a Windows Phone of any kind that just stirs my heart. I've depended on Windows PCs and Laptops all my life and to have it on a device so small it fits my hand - it just seems that's how nature SHOULD progress. :excited:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
EDIT>>>>There's just something about a windows phone ie my Lumia ICON, but a Windows Phone of any kind that just stirs my heart. I've depended on Windows PCs and Laptops all my life and to have it on a device so small it fits my hand - it just seems that's how nature SHOULD progress. :excited:

Peace. Alan

I kind of agree...

This. I love the simplicity of iOS.

See, for me the experience of moving from Android to W10M was just that, more simplicity for the most part. Now, some will probably say that that wasn't their experience, but I got a very good Android at the time I bought it, and it and the OS just degraded way too fast for me (G2X by LG). So, my experience on a purely personal level was actually that I got a much more fluid and simple OS on my phone.... and a FAR better looking one.... on a FAR better phone....

iPhones? Meh, Apple to me has always represented over-priced great-looking devices. I'd rather save my money and spend it elsewhere.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
See, for me the experience of moving from Android to W10M was just that, more simplicity for the most part. Now, some will probably say that that wasn't their experience, but I got a very good Android at the time I bought it, and it and the OS just degraded way too fast for me (G2X by LG). So, my experience on a purely personal level was actually that I got a much more fluid and simple OS on my phone.... and a FAR better looking one.... on a FAR better phone....

iPhones? Meh, Apple to me has always represented over-priced great-looking devices. I'd rather save my money and spend it elsewhere.
I can't dispute that at all. W10M (and 8.1 too) is more simple and I like it for that. In fact, I will always like it for that. I started here, so I see the simplicity of iOS as a plus considering that I don't have to leave the simplicity to get the apps.

It's really hard to find simplicity or something like it, on Android. Fortunately, my Honor 8 provides that for me for the most part. Anyway, something I really like about W10M is that it provides it. The fact that you get to have it and customize your phone simply is great. iOS you get that, and just that. Android, it's challenging to find but you can customize much. W10M is the perfect middle ground between the two.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That's alright, Nate. Karma IS real. Someone's gonna break your heart one of these days :smile:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Even though they are with me more than anything else and know more about me than most, I still am not that close to my phones. So let's hope not, in that respect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb