How to convince iPhone and Android users to make the switch?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ya. Lol. Hopefully it was all done from something other than a mobile phone, I have difficulty typing a few lines here at a time let alone a couple pages ;)

Sent from mTalk
I was even collaterally damaged by this brouhaha which started at the very top of page 9. the last 2 posts on page 8 were a post from a heckler and my reply. My reply was hardly seen and would have got me Top Liked for Christmas night. I'd have enjoyed that. But the dog fight started a new page, page 9 and nobody else has even looked at page 8 except for a couple viewers since page 9 erupted. Darn it! :smile:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
A new viewer of smartphone forums might think they've accidentally come across a discussion of how to achieve world peace, but alas, it's just about these stupid little pieces of plastic we can't set down and will fight to the death over. Ahh, humanity.
Ah, the days of flip phones beckons more so. At least we have a great mod team here keeping things from getting out of hand. Been on Facebook lately? I'm thiiiis close to closing my account.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, let's all stick to twitter-length hyperbole. Better society that way. Just look at the US election.
Not a good suggestion. The elections have made Twitter a cesspool for anyone with half a brain and a keyboard.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ah, the days of flip phones beckons more so. At least we have a great mod team here keeping things from getting out of hand. Been on Facebook lately? I'm thiiiis close to closing my account.

My good ole Razor Flip phone. I went through 3 of them. First gen had problems, but 2nd gen took off like a rocket.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I was on FB for only a couple of months. Being in management i couldn't believe the incriminating things our employees were posting. I felt it was best if i didn't know. I'll leave that to HR.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, let's all stick to twitter-length hyperbole. Better society that way. Just look at the US election.

Nah, I like the long posts for discussion.

Really it's just passion. It's nice to see passion about something that isn't dangerous or illegal. I think not having passion in anything is a sad life to lead.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was on FB for only a couple of months. Being in management i couldn't believe the incriminating things our employees were posting. I felt it was best if i didn't know. I'll leave that to HR.
Yeah, you be carefull...seriously.

Nah, I like the long posts for discussion.

Really it's just passion. It's nice to see passion about something that isn't dangerous or illegal. I think not having passion in anything is a sad life to lead.
The graphics gave me a headache from the start.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ooh I'm sorry about that. That sucks. :(
Nah... don't be silly. I just didn't like them. They we're uuuge! :winktongue: They should be clickable so you can know they're there, but only see them when/if you need too, imho.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Tsk, tsk. Spying on employees' FB posts? :asleep:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I knew back around and even before the myspace days, to steer away from social-network hosting sites/services, for my own good of course. Seems I am a rare breed from that era that was able to do so...I will admit though that I have a non-maintained Google+ account though.

Sent from mTalk

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I knew back around and even before the myspace days, to steer away from social-network hosting sites/services, for my own good of course. Seems I am a rare breed from that era that was able to do so...I will admit though that I have a non-maintained Google+ account though.

Sent from mTalk
Ditto. Never did myspace or facebook.

I was recently reading something on browsing privacy and facebook and EVERY website that has a Facebook link on it - Facebook records your presence on that site, the date, time and duration. You don't even have to click on the hyperlink BUT you DO have to be a Facebook Member.

One question: when was the last time there wasn't a Facebook link at a website?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No. They asked to be "friended" (Is that the right term?). They then post things you can see. Calling in sick while posting pics of a party they're at. I didn't want to see that so I left Facebook.
In that case then those employees are just dumb.

Sent from mTalk
I'm only on FB because my wife and some friends send some really funny"stuff" for lack of a better word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on FB because my wife...

I got my wonderful yet opinionated wife started on FBook because I got roped into Farmville by a few overseas friends.
When she saw that mind numbing deal she was hooked.

Think it all started maybe 5 years ago.
I stepped away from Facebook after a few months of seeing stuff I didn't really want to see.
The wife still maintains my logins there though.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I got my wonderful yet opinionated wife started on FBook because I got roped into Farmville by a few overseas friends.
When she saw that mind numbing deal she was hooked.

Think it all started maybe 5 years ago.
I stepped away from Facebook after a few months of seeing stuff I didn't really want to see.
The wife still maintains my logins there though.

That's "grounds", man. That's "Grounds" :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ditto. Never did myspace or facebook.

I was recently reading something on browsing privacy and facebook and EVERY website that has a Facebook link on it - Facebook records your presence on that site, the date, time and duration. You don't even have to click on the hyperlink BUT you DO have to be a Facebook Member.

One question: when was the last time there wasn't a Facebook link at a website?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Edited for clarity: It goes a little deeper..I read an article where statistics showed that user data requests to facebook from government and state authorities rose 13%, and over half those requests were prefaced with an nda.

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If anything these past couple of pages won't convince anyone to move to an android or windows type of device, since both are guaranteed to come preinstalled with Facebook...;)

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05