How often do you guys clean your phones?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I wipe the screen off a lot.

I'll take the cases off and wash those every few days.

Kind of do the same thing with our vehicles (as far as washing)
Not quite as often tho...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that mice and keyboards were the filthiest things on the planet :shocked:
(Well maybe not the filthiest)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I plead the fifth...

Seriously though. No. My excuse is that I clean the screen a lot and I change phones. Always clean the phone and case of what phone I'm changing to.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Clean? What do you folks mean by "clean"? Physical appearance is one thing, but germs, molds and viruses are something else. Are you "cleaning" folks using rubbing alcohol, bleach, or ammonia on your phones?
I've heard of people using a fresh zip lock bag, in hotel rooms, so they don't have to touch the TV Remote Control. Maybe give that a try?

I just wipe the screen with a lens microfiber cloth when it looks dirty.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I wipe the screen multiple times per day but other than that I don't think I've ever done a real cleaning unless I were selling or giving an older phone away.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I use a microfiber cloth that I constantly wipe my phone with. I'd say maybe 5-10 times a day haha. Yah I like to take care of my phone. Plus the screen looks so much better when it's clean. And pictures are always better when the lens glass is clean.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I just use a cleaning solution that cleans the screen of any germs, etc.

Phones aren't really dirty though. There's bacteria everywhere. Not all bacteria are bad. Your own skin has a massive flora of bacteria. Heck your gut has 100 TRILLION bacteria alone. More than cells.

Anyways, good phone screens are oleophobic and bacteria will usually be concentrated in the oily parts. Wipe it off and you wipe off the bacteria. Clean your microfiber cloth often too. The screen will not let anything bind.

So you wash it with antibacterial?You probably killed the oleophobic coating on the screen. Anything but water will general damage it. Then you're pretty much stuck constantly using those cleaners. The screen also doesn't slide as well.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I don't even think my phone is charged up at the moment. I don't remember ever cleaning it. I retired from Att! This is the phone they gave me when i retired. That was 23 years ago . I only use it when I get lost and forget how to get back home. I call my wife and tell her that I'm lost. She finds me and brings me home.LMAO Tis the season to be jolly! Ho Ho Ho
I wish I knew about all these modern phones and could join you guys and gals, and talk phone talk, but I don't know squat. I do know PCs and W10!:wink:
I think you call this a slider.:grin:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 2

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I wish I knew about all these modern phones and could join you guys and gals,

Why don't ya just buy a cool smartphone?
I just bought my 13th smartphone a little while back.

I got into it a little heavier when I was around 60 years old after losing interest a few years earlier.
It's fun and interesting it's also a bit addictive.

C'mon join the crowd you'll like it!
The world has gone mobile!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise