[Opinion] Samsung will not build a windows phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Well they have built a Windows phone, so your title 'Samsung will not build a windows phone.' doesn't ring true.
Of course it is subjective whether they will build another Windows phone or not, but there will be a gap in the market for Windows mobile devices, seeing as it is unlikely anymore Lumia's will be made.

They're making more money selling android phones.
It's also costing them a fair bit with devices like the Samsung Note 7....

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Remember that Microsoft cut them huge slack with regard to Android royalties, and the only thing that came out of it was MS apps pre-loaded on Android. I'd like to think that MS could have negotiated Windows devices. Hopefully still to come with the next generation of Windows 10 ARM products.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

As @charlatan1978 said, i think the title should say "Samsung probably won't make any new Windows devices'. Because they certainly have made some before. Specifically the "Samsung ATIV" range. (which this statement is being posed in haha)

Samsung definitely have the funds to build some. I personally don't think W10 is going anywhere, simply because of Microsoft. Its so nice having a Mobile version of windows which can sync with your laptop and tablets.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your name tells me you speak spanish, estoy en lo cierto?

They are actually making good money from Android, but then, why are they making Tizen smartphones?

Maybe they will be doing some Windows Phones just to fill that market, not as much as Android phones but maybe they will do a few.

El hecho que produzcan en una plataforma no indica que dejarán de hacerlo en otra, hasta ahora no han hecho un anuncio oficial al respecto, por lo que siempre existe esa posibilidad.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your name tells me you speak spanish, estoy en lo cierto?

They are actually making good money from Android, but then, why are they making Tizen smartphones?

Maybe they will be doing some Windows Phones just to fill that market, not as much as Android phones but maybe they will do a few.

El hecho que produzcan en una plataforma no indica que dejarán de hacerlo en otra, hasta ahora no han hecho un anuncio oficial al respecto, por lo que siempre existe esa posibilidad.

I certainly wouldn't rule out another Samsung Windows phone. I'd like to think they're gauging sales and user opinions regarding the Galaxy Pro tablet line before committing to another Ativ-type phone. For all the hate they got for using "rehashed" designs, the Focus S and Ativ SE were some of my favorites.

Dime acere, que tú crees?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I see no links, no logical statements, just a declarative...

I have appended your thread title with "[Opinion]" as there appears to be no evidence pro or con provided in the OP.

Thread moved to a more appropriate area. Samsung not building a Windows Phone in future has nothing to do with the existing Windows Device forum where you originally posted...

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't rule out another Samsung Windows phone. I'd like to think they're gauging sales and user opinions regarding the Galaxy Pro tablet line before committing to another Ativ-type phone. For all the hate they got for using "rehashed" designs, the Focus S and Ativ SE were some of my favorites.

Dime acere, que tú crees?

I was more a Nokia/MS/Lumia guy, but the Ativ SE was a pretty nice device.

Let see what MS does, if the next update of WIN10M does something nice for sure a lot of companies will jump to produce some devices to test the market.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well they have built a Windows phone, so your title 'Samsung will not build a windows phone.' doesn't ring true.
Of course it is subjective whether they will build another Windows phone or not, but there will be a gap in the market for Windows mobile devices, seeing as it is unlikely anymore Lumia's will be made.

It's also costing them a fair bit with devices like the Samsung Note 7....

You do know that the problem was independent of the OS right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes