Tech reporters also responsible for windows mobile failure

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I still cant understand why they could not have produced 1 more decent device superior to the 950, perhaps things were sliding downwards too fast by then and that stopped the future production, but what I have noticed in say the last 4 months that this state of limbo has driven the platform even further downwards, MS are using other Brands like Alcatel and HP to bridge the gap but by not bridging the gap themselves they have shot themselves in the foot, they should have and could have pushed out another device this year, even if it was not a Lumia but a MS phone, this would have injected some life and confidence into the platform. that's my view.
I'd kinda like to agree with you but I don't think it would've made a dent in sales. Howeveeeeer, if Microsoft wasn't going to build anything they should've at the very least given Alcatel and HP the chance to license PureView and Glance. The devices are rock stars in their own right and I doubt Microsoft could've built anything substantially better but their imaging isn't up to Lumia standards. This alone is a reason die-hards stick with Windows Mobile.

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, we all should know Samsung paid a lot of tech reviewers to do excellent Note7 reviews, Internet was full of that at one point,also the phone did great (until the bomb situation) but nobody would known if the phone was or not great, it's part of Microsoft to support all the tech reviewers they can.

I know some which speak very good of the WIN10M but there hand are tied because MS is not releasing a campaign and is not strong fighter in the marketing war.

So, there is not only one to blame.

Maybe it's related with the fact that MS is making a lot of products with almost no competition, like Windows, maybe a lot others and they don't care very much about marketing.

And the same Samsung failed to pay them well to do good reviews for s5 and s6?? Nonsense!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Blaming the media seems to be a popular theme, especially in politics, but I don't think it amounts to much.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
To intelligent people with critical thinking skills, no it doesn't.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
To intelligent people with critical thinking skills, no it doesn't.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

I guess it's just part of our social connectedness. People are overwhelmed with information and don't know how to filter through it. It does take some critical thinking.
I learned something important working in an ICU for many years: don't just rely on all the technology available to you, look at the patient for a true picture.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I'd kinda like to agree with you but I don't think it would've made a dent in sales. Howeveeeeer, if Microsoft wasn't going to build anything they should've at the very least given Alcatel and HP the chance to license PureView and Glance. The devices are rock stars in their own right and I doubt Microsoft could've built anything substantially better but their imaging isn't up to Lumia standards. This alone is a reason die-hards stick with Windows Mobile.

It seems more like a filter for die-hard fans of the OS itself. In spite of the advancement, camera phones are still not up to scratch compared to dedicated cameras, pureview or not. The Galaxy S7 has a "glance-like" screen, so if it is a deal breaker, then there is an alternative. Really the reason we are here is that we were willing to bet on it, others were not. I cannot recall ever seeing a review of a phone that definitively put me off it. I'm sure an overly negative review might border on libel. So reviewers generally shy away from it. And when it comes to fans bashing the enemy on, say, Youtube, well, Apple and Samsung (and friends) have their fair share as well. Sales are still high, and that was based on the brand image. This is what MS failed to do, even when they teamed up with everyone's sweetheart, Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro