02-17-2018 01:24 PM
149 1234 ...
tools
    I dream with this:

CPU: (the last one, from the to the AMD Ryzen, because it's a dream)
    RAM: 8GB
    STORAGE: 128GB at least +MicroSD port, living in a country without having chances to save on the cloud, you need to carry all, your music, your videos, etc.
    SCREEN: 5" 550ppi min, but with a bezel-less size of 5.1" max!
    SOUND: Stereo speakers
    CAMERAS: Dual Front and Rear Cameras (regular + fish eye) with flash (any kind), also lateral fish eye camera, so it allow 360 Video/Photo perfectly.
    ENTRY METHOD:
    - Dual Slider Physical Keyboard like the one inthe picture and with backlight (just white is OK, not RGB):
    http://www.theunwired.net/media/news...y_engadget.jpg
    - Fingerprint reader which also works as a touchpad in a laptop.
    - Dual type C USB ports, for USB on-the-go and charging or something.
    - Headphone Jack.
    - Ir working as Universal Remote and other features.
    SENSORS:
    Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Gesture, Heart rate, etc.
    OTHER FEATURES:
    - Waterproof (10ft/3meters)
    - With a scuba housing available for 60meters (180ft)

Other regular flagship options and I don't care if it weights 350grs/0.80 pounds and it's 1cm/0.5" thick I'm a grown up man with pockets and for me the phone is a tool not a fashion accessory :)
    You forgot about the supercharged V8 engine!
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-12-2017 11:54 AM
    Design like Lumia 650
    Amoled screen, 5.2 inch
    Storage: 16 gb
    Battery: 3000 mah
    Ram: 3 Gb
    Back camera: 16 mpx
    Font camera: 8 mpx
    Cpu: Snapdragon 600+
    Price: < 300€
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-12-2017 03:14 PM
    I dream with this:

CPU: (the last one, from the to the AMD Ryzen, because it's a dream)
    RAM: 8GB
    STORAGE: 128GB at least +MicroSD port, living in a country without having chances to save on the cloud, you need to carry all, your music, your videos, etc.
    SCREEN: 5" 550ppi min, but with a bezel-less size of 5.1" max!
    SOUND: Stereo speakers
    CAMERAS: Dual Front and Rear Cameras (regular + fish eye) with flash (any kind), also lateral fish eye camera, so it allow 360 Video/Photo perfectly.
    ENTRY METHOD:
    - Dual Slider Physical Keyboard like the one inthe picture and with backlight (just white is OK, not RGB):
    http://www.theunwired.net/media/news...y_engadget.jpg
    - Fingerprint reader which also works as a touchpad in a laptop.
    - Dual type C USB ports, for USB on-the-go and charging or something.
    - Headphone Jack.
    - Ir working as Universal Remote and other features.
    SENSORS:
    Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Gesture, Heart rate, etc.
    OTHER FEATURES:
    - Waterproof (10ft/3meters)
    - With a scuba housing available for 60meters (180ft)

Other regular flagship options and I don't care if it weights 350grs/0.80 pounds and it's 1cm/0.5" thick I'm a grown up man with pockets and for me the phone is a tool not a fashion accessory :)
    So, you're going to carry a brick in your pocket?
    She'll be impressed ...

BTW - this is a joke, just couldn't resist ...
    Chemy JMHT, aximtreo and Kot Prada like this.
    02-12-2017 03:34 PM
    If I could get it now I'd take a Lumia 950 refresh.

Let's call it the Microsoft 955 since the lumia name is on the bench for retirement. Same screen size, same ppi, color, etc. The 950 screen was superb imo, and during that time it later out speced even the s7 in most areas. It could even come FHD if it saves some bucks.

At least 4gb of RAM, SD 821 at the lower clock speed to conserve battery, unibody either poly carbonate or aluminum or offer both so one has QI maybe. USB type-C, Continuum, 3600 mAh battery, same camera or better as long as OIS is on board. Bottom or rear firing speaker (never hear front firing phones notify me while out and about). At least 64gb ROM/storage.

LED, glance, or ambient display...basically anything to give subtle notifications instead of lighting up the whole screen. I think that's my biggest pet peeve with mobile phones right, is not having to unlock/activate the screen to see what could be new.

450-$500

I was hoping Vaio would expand and bring some devices global. I use to be certified to service all vaio series laptops and devices and I know the quality and build there. Like mentioned above Lenovo is another competitor that now knows how to bring a premium handset to the table.
    02-12-2017 04:12 PM
    While we are shoving RAM in there...

Could we revive the 41MP PureView/Zeiss camera and give it 3GB dedicated RAM all of its own?
    02-12-2017 05:00 PM
    Wasn't it Flickr or someone maybe DP Review that said in an article that phones are killing of the consumer camera?
    Except for high end pro stuff.

Maybe if big pixel sensors in phones start to handle digital zooming with no loss then the smartphone camera dreams will come true.
    Thought I read that those dummies at Sony had a new camera module engineered that was going to shake up the industry.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 07-08-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    RumoredNow, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    02-12-2017 05:09 PM
    Wasn't it Flickr or someone maybe DP Review that said in an article that phones are killing of the consumer camera?
    Except for high end pro stuff.

Maybe if big pixel sensors in phones start to handle digital zooming with no loss then the smartphone camera dreams will come true.
    Thought I read that those dummies at Sony had a new camera module engineered that was going to shake up the industry.
    Yes. Sony is supposedly coming with one. It would have 3 layers with onboard RAM. Here's the news I read earlier in the week - https://www.google.com/amp/m.gsmaren...-amp-23250.php
    RumoredNow, Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    02-12-2017 05:18 PM
    My dream Windows Phone would look like a Lumia 920 body style, but thinner, and physically scaled up to fit a 6" display.

Alternately, I would happily take an updated Lumia 1520 - the same body, same 6" 1080p display, but with a f1.8 camera module and whatever CPU is the "go to" variant of Snapdragon for the times that would run Win10 at it's best.

Either 920 or 1520 body design, unibody polycarbonate, available in both matte and gloss colour finishes to suit the preferences of consumers.
    02-12-2017 06:40 PM
    Let's keep it simple. How about the x3 with a proper PureView setup and a $450 price tag? An even $500 with the dock.
    02-12-2017 07:51 PM
    Let's keep it simple.
    No way my good man!
    HP could care less I'm thinking.

Let us dream for Windows mobile from the likes of HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, ZTE, the idiots at Sony...and oh maybe even Microsoft :)
    fatclue_98, libra89, nate0 and 1 others like this.
    02-13-2017 12:49 AM
    Dual boot! How did none of us think of a dual boot phone yet?

There were some prototypes a few years back that even showed a phone or tablet that booted Windows on one side and Android on the other. There were even some that showed a phone that slid into a tablet, which became the working device (continuum lapdock style, but with less space taken up).

So we can have a phone that dual boots to whatever-flavor-of-Windows-we-like, dock it on a tablet (take that, Surface Phone), with whatever-flavor-of-Windows-we-like, then maybe switch to Mac or Linux when we need to.

How's that for dreaming big?
    02-13-2017 08:20 AM
    Dual boot! How did none of us think of a dual boot phone yet?
    How's that for dreaming big?
    IF you think you have bugs now ...
    though, executed correctly (VM) and w added RAM, that could mitigate the app gap.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-13-2017 08:56 AM
    You forgot about the supercharged V8 engine!
    I didn't, it's an eco smartphone, works on electricity and not gas :D
    02-13-2017 08:57 AM
    So, you're going to carry a brick in your pocket?
    She'll be impressed ...

BTW - this is a joke, just couldn't resist ...
    LOL good one, but is interesting you picture that part of me while I was describing the smartphone.

You were sure thinking: "that's for sure a real man!" and that's why you though about that part hahaha
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-13-2017 09:00 AM
    Just wanted to pop back in here to say WOW - some really great feedback in this thread! Loving the passion and all of the opinions shared. Keep them coming, really enjoying reading this!!
    02-13-2017 09:02 AM
    LOL good one, but is interesting you picture that part of me while I was describing the smartphone.

You were sure thinking: "that's for sure a real man!" and that's why you though about that part hahaha
    Really ...
    YOU inferred ' ... I'm a grown up man with pockets ... ' you'd carry it in your pocket & I laughed @ the thought of that.
    I'd prefer something a tad more low profile, however ...
    My opinion is they're making phones too thin (bending, flexing, etc.) which mitigates the grip factor on the device (hence the bumper).

Lumia 1520 form factor w less bezel & a rubber bumper would be just right for me, perhaps incorporate a stylus into the bumper ...
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    02-13-2017 09:18 AM
    Really ...
    YOU inferred ' ... I'm a grown up man with pockets ... ' you'd carry it in your pocket & I laughed @ the thought of that.
    I'd prefer something a tad more low profile, however ...
    My opinion is they're making phones too thin (bending, flexing, etc.) which mitigates the grip factor on the device (hence the bumper).
    I like small profile devices too. If you think bending and flexing is still a problem, It is not for all companies. Check out the bend test on the Moto Z. I think you might be impressed. At 5.2mm thin, it could not be broken in half by the tester or even cracked if I remember. It actually tries to retain it's original shape. I was quite impressed. The test of that device I watched was on Zack's JerryRigEverything. Slap W10M on that device for me and I would buy it!
    libra89, aximtreo and Guytronic like this.
    02-13-2017 09:32 AM
    One thing I've always liked about Lumia phones is the removable back. You always have access to your battery. It's pretty good looking and if you break it you can always get a new one and the price isn't high. This should be included in my dream Windows Phone.

Sent from mTalk
    02-18-2017 05:32 PM
    One thing I've always liked about Lumia phones is the removable back. You always have access to your battery. It's pretty good looking and if you break it you can always get a new one and the price isn't high. This should be included in my dream Windows Phone.
    Ya know... I think that also was a hidden design feature.

Drop the phone, the back pops off and the battery flies out... Inconvenient? Maybe. But it also dissipates the impact force by dividing it in different directions. Saw something about that in a budget phone torture test where Lumia 640 fared extremely well against the competition.
    02-19-2017 04:57 PM
    I'd settle for an 820 with a decent web browser
    03-12-2017 02:41 PM
    An upgraded Lumia 1520 ... in Midnite Blue pearl (eliminate need for case by adding grip/bumper to sides w lip to protect glass)
    size - eliminate some bezel to make it smaller w 6" screen
    battery life - this was the KING of battery life, though my battery is on it's last legs.
    3GB RAM, 32GB ROM w microSD slot
    Snapdragon 835 processor
    Lumia type Camera
    Tap to Pay (NFC onboard)
    Fingerprint sensor (on back)
    Gorilla Glass 4 (or something more shatter resistant)

somehow subsidize it (for adoption) to $499. USD ... I'd be a happy man.
    I agree with everything that you said. Microsoft, are you reading this? :)

Cheers
    03-31-2017 07:34 AM
    My dream phone:
    • the size of an iPhone 7 (not plus)
    • removable battery
    • runs Windows Mobile
    • expandable memory with a uSD
    • OLED
    • standard 3/8" headphone jack
    • wireless charging, either Qi or A4WP
    • 120G native storage
    • top-end camera with OIS and AF
    • quick charging, either USB-PD or QC
    • freedom from iWorld (Windows Mobile would cover this)
    • BTLE

I guess that would pretty well cover it.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2017 02:23 PM
    That include Here Drive application and compatible with drones and every tech gadget
    04-15-2017 04:27 PM
    . Nokia colors with that 80s look. 😁
    04-15-2017 05:40 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e9c0cbd56d.jpg. Nokia colors with that 80s look. ������
    Put it in a satchel with a whoppingly heavy battery and groove on.
    04-16-2017 07:28 AM
149 1234 ...