What's your DREAM Windows Phone look like?

Isaac Mitchell

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My dream windows phone: a 7" phablet, bezeless, minimum 300dpi, snapdragon 830 or better, runs windows 10 on arm, with a surface pro styled type cover and pen loop. The phone on the back would have a wireframe kickstand similar in design to the surface pro. That would be my ultimate go to for business note taking, notating photos, bring it to the office and plug into monitor and keyboard/mouse. It would be awesome!! And with full windows 10 on arm should be able to run a third party android simulator to run android apps not available on windows 10 platform.

KomakhidzeJaba

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
It should be bigger phone like Samsung Galaxy note Series . With full Windows 10. Should run win32 applications , with best phone specs like snapdragon 835 , 6gb or 8gb of ram , minimum 64gb rom which you can expend by sd card , battery more than 5000mah , better camera than ever, eye scanner and also fingerprint scanner, and design should be similar like Lumia 930 .

Snicc609

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
My Dream Windows phone will be Cloud White by default and then change with mood. Shape and feel of a Large GummyBear . The ringer would play the theme to the never-ending story . The battery life is 72hrs in go mode , vibrant display colors , 3-D imaging . Limited Edition $ 1,200

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would tell them to make a Windows phone version of the iPhone SE. Maybe like 4.5-4.7" screen size, a battery efficient processor. It should be able to go on a charge for 1.5 days, with good cameras on the front and back. Pocket friendly, especially for those of us with pants/jeans with "fake" pockets.

This! I cannot go back to WM until they put a fingerprint scanner in the front.

Jason Ward

Windows Central Columnist
Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I asked a very similar question back in March :grin:: What does the perfect Windows phone look like? https://www.windowscentral.com/what-does-perfect-windows-phone-look-like-continuum

My dream Windows "phone" wouldn't be a phone at all. It would be an ultramobile Surface PC with full Windows with the context-conforming CShell and Continuum. It would have a foldable design and would be capable of docking within a HP Lap Dock-like peripheral if I wanted a laptop setting. Continuum with a keyboard and monitor would give me that desktop setting. And in hand unfolded it would be a mini-tablet, and folded it could function as a phone. It would come with AR glasses and a Surface Pen and be great for my business, personal and gaming uses. It would be all devices in one.:smile:

Cosmin Petrenciuc

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I would like something that has a display no bigger than 6" and no smaller than 5.5". Otherwise it would have to be foldable.

I would like it to have a Snapdragon 835 processor. And I would like it very much to be water proof and dust proof. My Lumia 950 XL is not and I'm afraid to take it out of my pocket on a rainy day. If in order to achieve this goal the device would have to ditch the MicroSD expansion slot and the removable battery I wouldn't mind as long as it will have 128 GB of storage and a 3500mAh battery.

I would like for it to have a good camera (20 MP with OIS, and a true-tone flash.

Also I would like it to have a metal frame, something like Nokia Lumia 925 had and I would like it to have wireless charging.

I would like it to have inking support, so I would like it to have support for pen.

What else? It must support CShell, and through Continuum dock to allow the execution of normal Windows OS.

I come to love the Windows Hello authentication through iris scanning. I would like this device to support this type of authentication. If iris authentication works flawlessly I can live without a fingerprint scanner.

Rishab Haridas1

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
What does your DREAM Windows Phone look like? Size, battery life, specs, etc... if you could grab any manufacturer and tell them 'make this', what would you tell them to do?? :)
i really hope there should be a windows phone coming (at leat for those who love windows 10 mobile and the surface line up to the phone). if they are making a phone/ mobile. i really like to have the name in the surface line up. a good display like surafce which should be compactable for surafce pen, dial and all surface equipments. it will be cool if the surface phone/ mobile should be a 2- in - 1 which can change in to a tablet and phone same time.. even though the phone should be light weight. better battery, hight optimizationable RAAM (atleast 3 GB) . and the phone should gave a user a premium feel while holding and using it. with windows hello with facial 3D recognization, Continumm, Iris scanning, Touch ID, a good camera like sony, latest facilities and able to run Desktop apps by emmulation.:excited:eek:n that:smile:

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Mine's easy.
The HP Elite x3 without the chrome bezel at the bottom (not a fan of shiny stuff), add Glance and improve the camera just a smidge.

ryanlrobinson

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Basically I want to combine the best of BlackBerry with the best of my HP Elite x3.

I want a high quality physical keyboard. Something between the BlackBerry Passport and the BlackBerry KEYone designs. Fingerprint reader in the keyboard. Lots of support for keyboard shortcuts. All those things that BlackBerry did so well for years.

After that, basically the typical power stuff. Full Windows 10 on ARM with a Snapdragon 835. 6GB of RAM. High quality professional build like the HP Elite x3 (waterproof, dustproof, etc). Glare resistant and Gorilla Glass screen; the glare on my Elite makes it unusable in the sun, so much worse than any BlackBerry I owned before this.

Then as a bonus, available in unique colours like the old Lumias, not just black. Otherwise don't really care what it looks like.

I would pay a lot of money for that phone/mini PC.

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine looks like the vast majority of current devices, rectangular, 5-6" screen, minimal bezel, removable battery preferably, USB-C, fingerprint reader (at least), wireless charging...nothing earth shattering.
The big thing would be it needs to run an OS that has some semblance of committed long term support.

MrGecko

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Dream Windows phone:

• Folding screen
  • 5.5"-6" size when folded
  • Removable battery
  • Full Win10 capabilities
  • Continuum
  • Great camera
  • Fingerprint Scanner (on back)
  • Tap to pay (NFC)
  • Under $800
  • Pen Stylus
  • Xbox companion
  • Fix or beat the App Gap
  • Wireless charging
  • Augmented Reality

I'm two (2) months away from going Android. Hell, I'll take a unified commitment to a mobile platform from Microsoft right about now. The silence is deafening!!

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
my dream windows phone

metal phone very much like cancelled 960
headphone jack and usb c on BOTTOM of device
absolutely NO ON SCREEN BUTTONS, my dream windows phone would have dedicated back windows and search/cortana buttons, capacative keys that DO NOT EAT screen real estate
stellar to borderline brilliant front facing camera for selfies, on par with that of the iphone
also front facing flash an absolute must, america is full of vain people, want to compete? do what i just said about the front facer cam
trash microsoft/lumia camera algorithms and adopt apple iphones quick snap for 12 to 20mp rear cam
the iphone simply takes the shot done
no plastic phone i want this phone as a metal phone
on board storage options no more sd card in put 32gb 64gb and 128gb
different colors of phone as well

spaceOpia1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
screenshot%20%28223%29.jpg

Enough with small iterations :cool:
We saw it often as Microsoft's future vision stuff. This should be the next windows mobile device.
A big wow factor that gives other people a real craving to get something new.
I know it's seems far too advanced. Just like when the first iPhone got out....
I am not an apple fan, but I admit the Guy (Jobs) knew how to "push the envelope".

Sharath Prakash1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
A Foldable drawing board like phone running full windows on arm with cshell.
As for specs
1. 4k display
2. Snapdragon 835 or later
3. 6 GB of ram
3. Native 64 bit OS making use of full 6 GB of RAM
4. Full pen and Windows ink support
5. If possible a DSLR sensor 18 MP f1.4 or bigger (MS has a patent for curved sensors)
6. 128Gb storage with expandability
7. Manufacturer wise either MS or Nokia(wildest dream)
8. Full access to the entire WIN32 app catalog
9. 4000mAh battery

Give me this for around 699-799 dollars, I will be eternally grateful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre