What's your DREAM Windows Phone look like?

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Wish Lenovo would jump on Windows phone.
They make kind of way out unpopular stuff that US users don't like so why not attack the US with WM phones.

WM in the US is perfect for Lenovo's screwy business model is it not?

That's a good idea! Don't they still own Motorola? They have the room for a lineup almost as big as Samsung's. Surely either of them can afford to make a W10M phone or two.

Realistically speaking, they can make a budget Win phone to test the waters, the way Alcatel did a year or so back, before making the Idol. If nothing else, we would have another option in our ever dwindling shortlist.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Right, Dream time :D haha

• Manufacturer of choice, I would go with HP. Simply because i love the design of the Elite x3.
  • Then we move onto screen size. I would love a 5.0" version of the Elite x3 and keep the same design. 1440p screen.
  • Ram.. i think 4GB is good enough, even desktop OSs are able to run with that but since we dreaming, throw 6GB in there :D
  • Storage.. I'm a little flexible when it comes to storage provided it has a Micro SD card Slot. That's a MUST in my books. So anything from 64GB and higher i would be happy with.
  • OS, WINDOWS! haha
  • Processor, as long as it's smooth I'm again flexible. I'm sure the Snapdragon 821 would be fine.
  • Camera, 12 - 16mp with F1.0 for superb low light photos :)
  • Battery - 4,000mAh + Would love to have 2 day battery life. Thats the goal.

There we go. I would pay up to $799 for it.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Wish Lenovo would jump on Windows phone.
They make kind of way out unpopular stuff that US users don't like so why not attack the US with WM phones.

WM in the US is perfect for Lenovo's screwy business model is it not?

I absolutely agree, Lenovo with Windows would be awesome.

There actually was one Lenovo Windows Phone but it was only for the Chinese market.

Too bad they said that they won't be doing any more Windows Phones for now because "Microsoft doesn't seem to care about the platform" or something. You can look it up.

Sent from mTalk

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Using a Lumia 1020 as a base model:

1) Same or better rear camera.
2) Better front camera, with wide-angle lens to take group selfie easier
3) Latest SoC, better & larger RAM, more in-built storage with a microSD card slot for expandable storage
4) 4000 mAh battery or better, with fast charging
5) 5.0" AMOLED FHD screen (FHD for better battery life) but would also tolerate 5.7" AMOLED screen at QHD for better PPI at larger screen size and to ensure better weight distribution since the massive camera would make a certain part of the phone heavier
6) Glance and DttW support, NFC, Wireless Charging, IR sensor for Windows Hello support
7) Better speaker position (front-facing), Dolby Atmos certified
8) Multiple signature Lumia colors (Cyan is a must!)

Price? I wouldn't mind forking out $600 for this device. The 950/XL camera blew me away, and for an updated 1020? I'd pay ALMOST any price to get my hands on that. #shotonmylumia

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I dream with this:

CPU: (the last one, from the Snapdragon 835 to the AMD Ryzen, because it's a dream)
RAM: 8GB
STORAGE: 128GB at least +MicroSD port, living in a country without having chances to save on the cloud, you need to carry all, your music, your videos, etc.
SCREEN: 5" 550ppi min, but with a bezel-less size of 5.1" max!
SOUND: Stereo speakers
CAMERAS: Dual Front and Rear Cameras (regular + fish eye) with flash (any kind), also lateral fish eye camera, so it allow 360 Video/Photo perfectly.
ENTRY METHOD:
- Dual Slider Physical Keyboard like the one inthe picture and with backlight (just white is OK, not RGB):
pantech_c810_att_dummy_engadget.jpg

- Fingerprint reader which also works as a touchpad in a laptop.
- Dual type C USB ports, for USB on-the-go and charging or something.
- Headphone Jack.
- Ir working as Universal Remote and other features.
SENSORS:
Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Gesture, Heart rate, etc.
OTHER FEATURES:
- Waterproof (10ft/3meters)
- With a scuba housing available for 60meters (180ft)
- More sensors in the Scuba housing in order to add more action/extreme sports capabilities!

Other regular flagship options and I don't care if it weights 350grs/0.80 pounds and it's 1cm/0.5" thick I'm a grown up man with pockets and for me the phone is a tool not a fashion accessory :)

Last edited:

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I dream with this:

CPU: (the last one, from the to the AMD Ryzen, because it's a dream)
STORAGE: 128GB at least +MicroSD port, living in a country without having chances to save on the cloud, you need to carry all, your music, your videos, etc.
CAMERAS: Dual Front and Rear Cameras (regular + fish eye) with flash (any kind), also lateral fish eye camera, so it allow 360 Video/Photo perfectly.
ENTRY METHOD:
- Dual Slider Physical Keyboard like the one inthe picture and with backlight (just white is OK, not RGB):
http://www.theunwired.net/media/news/pantech_c810_att_dummy_engadget.jpg
- Headphone Jack.
SENSORS:
Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Gesture, Heart rate, etc.
OTHER FEATURES:

Other regular flagship options and I don't care if it weights 350grs/0.80 pounds and it's 1cm/0.5" thick I'm a grown up man with pockets and for me the phone is a tool not a fashion accessory :)

You forgot about the supercharged V8 engine! :winktongue:

Cristi Militaru

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Design like Lumia 650
Amoled screen, 5.2 inch
Storage: 16 gb
Battery: 3000 mah
Ram: 3 Gb
Back camera: 16 mpx
Font camera: 8 mpx
Cpu: Snapdragon 600+
Price: < 300€

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I dream with this:

CPU: (the last one, from the to the AMD Ryzen, because it's a dream)
ENTRY METHOD:
http://www.theunwired.net/media/news/pantech_c810_att_dummy_engadget.jpg
- Headphone Jack.
SENSORS:
OTHER FEATURES:

So, you're going to carry a brick in your pocket?
She'll be impressed ...

BTW - this is a joke, just couldn't resist ...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If I could get it now I'd take a Lumia 950 refresh.

Let's call it the Microsoft 955 since the lumia name is on the bench for retirement. Same screen size, same ppi, color, etc. The 950 screen was superb imo, and during that time it later out speced even the s7 in most areas. It could even come FHD if it saves some bucks.

At least 4gb of RAM, SD 821 at the lower clock speed to conserve battery, unibody either poly carbonate or aluminum or offer both so one has QI maybe. USB type-C, Continuum, 3600 mAh battery, same camera or better as long as OIS is on board. Bottom or rear firing speaker (never hear front firing phones notify me while out and about). At least 64gb ROM/storage.

LED, glance, or ambient display...basically anything to give subtle notifications instead of lighting up the whole screen. I think that's my biggest pet peeve with mobile phones right, is not having to unlock/activate the screen to see what could be new.

450-$500

I was hoping Vaio would expand and bring some devices global. I use to be certified to service all vaio series laptops and devices and I know the quality and build there. Like mentioned above Lenovo is another competitor that now knows how to bring a premium handset to the table.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
While we are shoving RAM in there...

Could we revive the 41MP PureView/Zeiss camera and give it 3GB dedicated RAM all of its own?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't it Flickr or someone maybe DP Review that said in an article that phones are killing of the consumer camera?
Except for high end pro stuff.

Maybe if big pixel sensors in phones start to handle digital zooming with no loss then the smartphone camera dreams will come true.
Thought I read that those dummies at Sony had a new camera module engineered that was going to shake up the industry.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't it Flickr or someone maybe DP Review that said in an article that phones are killing of the consumer camera?
Except for high end pro stuff.

Maybe if big pixel sensors in phones start to handle digital zooming with no loss then the smartphone camera dreams will come true.
Thought I read that those dummies at Sony had a new camera module engineered that was going to shake up the industry.

Yes. Sony is supposedly coming with one. It would have 3 layers with onboard RAM. Here's the news I read earlier in the week - https://www.google.com/amp/m.gsmare...0fps_video_thanks_to_onchip_ram-amp-23250.php

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
My dream Windows Phone would look like a Lumia 920 body style, but thinner, and physically scaled up to fit a 6" display.

Alternately, I would happily take an updated Lumia 1520 - the same body, same 6" 1080p display, but with a f1.8 camera module and whatever CPU is the "go to" variant of Snapdragon for the times that would run Win10 at it's best.

Either 920 or 1520 body design, unibody polycarbonate, available in both matte and gloss colour finishes to suit the preferences of consumers.

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Dual boot! How did none of us think of a dual boot phone yet?

There were some prototypes a few years back that even showed a phone or tablet that booted Windows on one side and Android on the other. There were even some that showed a phone that slid into a tablet, which became the working device (continuum lapdock style, but with less space taken up).

So we can have a phone that dual boots to whatever-flavor-of-Windows-we-like, dock it on a tablet (take that, Surface Phone), with whatever-flavor-of-Windows-we-like, then maybe switch to Mac or Linux when we need to.

How's that for dreaming big?

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
So, you're going to carry a brick in your pocket?
She'll be impressed ...

BTW - this is a joke, just couldn't resist ...

LOL good one, but is interesting you picture that part of me while I was describing the smartphone.

You were sure thinking: "that's for sure a real man!" and that's why you though about that part hahaha

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to pop back in here to say WOW - some really great feedback in this thread! Loving the passion and all of the opinions shared. Keep them coming, really enjoying reading this!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs