Lumia 730 or 830, Which one should I get?

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, I am getting lumia 830 (refurbished) for Rs.7000 & lumia 730(used) for Rs.5000. Which one do you think I should get in early 2017?

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That's kind of a toughy and depends on your priorities/needs, both are similar in many respects yet differ in other ways. If you can, go to GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... and do a comparison between the two, that might help with your decision making.

Some of the main differences (730/830)...
Display Size: 4.7 vs 5"
Display Type: OLED vs IPS
Internal Memory: 8 GB vs 16 GB
Primary Camera: 6.7 MP vs 10.0 MP w/latter having OIS
Secondary Camera: 5.0 MP vs 0.9 MP

Actually own the 830 and the rear camera is nice especially with it having optical image stabilization. The 5" in display size is my sweet-spot, and although the IPS display resolutions isn't spectacular (not terrible either) after seeing the OLED display we definitely prefer it over IPS. Both have expandable storage yet my preference for internal is "more the merrier", so 830 gets the nod with its 16 GB of internal storage.

All the best in your ventures :smile:

PS... If you are on a budget and the 650 is available in your area for a reasonable price I'd opt for it, very nice phone with a decent rear camera (8.0 MP) and it too has 16 GB of internal storage, expandable as well.

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That's kind of a toughy and depends on your priorities/needs, both are similar in many respects yet differ in other ways. If you can, go to GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... and do a comparison between the two, that might help with your decision making.

Some of the main differences (730/830)...
Display Size: 4.7 vs 5"
Display Type: OLED vs IPS
Internal Memory: 8 GB vs 16 GB
Primary Camera: 6.7 MP vs 10.0 MP w/latter having OIS
Secondary Camera: 5.0 MP vs 0.9 MP

Actually own the 830 and the rear camera is nice especially with it having optical image stabilization. The 5" in display size is my sweet-spot, and although the IPS display resolutions isn't spectacular (not terrible either) after seeing the OLED display we definitely prefer it over IPS. Both have expandable storage yet my preference for internal is "more the merrier", so 830 gets the nod with its 16 GB of internal storage.

All the best in your ventures :smile:

PS... If you are on a budget and the 650 is available in your area for a reasonable price I'd opt for it, very nice phone with a decent rear camera (8.0 MP) and it too has 16 GB of internal storage, expandable as well.
Actually I own a 650, & I am passing it on to my spouse, and yes the 16gb space of 830 is getting me in, but have heard a lot of negative reviews.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Actually I own a 650, & I am passing it on to my spouse, and yes the 16gb space of 830 is getting me in, but have heard a lot of negative reviews.

Oh so you have the 650. What didn't you like about it that makes you want to go the 730/830 route?

The only negative with my 830 (if we're not talking about W10M LOL) is that the capacitive "back" button can sometimes become unresponsive, my resolve when it happens is to give a little swipe up or down. Heard a screen protector (mine has one) can amplify this phenomenon and will admit I haven't tried without so can't verify. No clue how many 830s are affected but does appear, after many reads, to be prevalent on this model.

Should add... Own the 650 too and finding performance between it and 830 to be very similar when running W10M. Rear camera is obviously better on 830 yet 650 is still capable, video is relegated to only 720P whilst 830 does 1080p. Battery life may be a smidgen better on 830 yet not to the point that it's a deciding factor, at least not according to my type of usage. 830 feels like a tank of sorts and suppose if a bit of heft is your thing then you'll like it, too me the 650 feels so much nicer in-hand even with a case (dependent on type/style of course), dimensionally it's the perfectly sized phone for my use.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium