Your Dream Windows Phone

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What would your dream Windows Phone look like? If you could Frankenstein the whole thing together... Which OS would you run? What features would you include from top windows phones?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to have a 6 to 6.45 inch slab running a light version of Windows 10 that had an active stylus stored in the device.
Remember just a dream...

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
My dream phone will be like this:
A metal body with nokia written in the front n the second display feature frm lg x screen(something like that) a nice 180 degree rotating camera frm oppo with a camera of Lumia n my fav os wp 8.1 n the win logo in gold at the back with Lumia written below it 2.5 gb ram a decent quad core processor a quick charge battery water dust resistant n built like the nokia 3310 indestructible that too with a sliding keyboard like in BB with a iris scanner n a 5.2 inch display n yess the most important point shud be budget friendly...
(Sorry for taking out features frm other phones)...

Last edited:

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My dream phone will be like this:
A metal body with nokia written in the front n the second display feature frm lg x screen(something like that) a nice 180 degree rotating camera frm oppo with a camera of Lumia n my fav os wp 8.1 n the win logo in gold at the back with Lumia written below it 2.5 gb ram a decent quad core processor a quick charge battery water dust resistant n built like the nokia 3310 indestructible that too with a sliding keyboard like in BB with a iris scanner n a 5.2 inch display n yess the most important point shud be budget friendly...
(Sorry for taking out features frm other phones)...
No, it's alright. That is actually a pretty good setup, although a bit unlikely nowadays. ;)

Cheers

EJ6612

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
My dream phone...
Disclaimer: It's a dream.

Display: 5.2" 2K/AMOLED/Gorilla glass latest-gen- with small bezels

Cameras: 25MP Triple LED ZEISS Rear Camera- with very optimized software. 10MP front-facing camera.

Physical Body: Smooth, anti-fingerprint, waterproof, metal chassis with a creaky-free colorful removable back cover, with a removable battery/SD slot. Seven buttons: Volume +/-, Power, and Camera Button on the right; haptic Back, Windows, and Search buttons on the front. USB C/Thunderbolt port, and headphone jack.
Four microphones. Powerful speakers front and back. NFC and wireless charging supported.

Security: Fingerprint scanner built-into the Windows button. Infra-red Iris scanner.

OS: Windows 10 on Mobile (CSHELL optimized) with Windows Phone 8+ app support.

RAM: 8GB
Processor: Latest Snapdragon 8xx (835 or above).
Battery: 3000 mAh, Fast Charging supported.

Other specs: Strong antennas; HD calls; headphone jack/charger port on bottom; Windows logo on back.

Included accessories:
+Pen (2048+ pressure sensitivity, eraser)
+Portable keyboard and mouse
+Dock (HDMI/DVI, USB 3.0 x5, 3.5mm jack, SD Card reader)

OS features (that Windows 10 PC/Mobile don't have): Kids Corner, People Hub + Me Tile, Modern Panoramic-styled apps, butter, full W10 when docked...

I guess it could be possible, I'd just pay with my liver if real.

kevin_tenza

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by EJ6612
My dream phone...
Disclaimer: It's a dream.

Display: 5.2" 2K/AMOLED/Gorilla glass latest-gen- with small bezels

Cameras: 25MP Triple LED ZEISS Rear Camera- with very optimized software. 10MP front-facing camera.

Physical Body: Smooth, anti-fingerprint, waterproof, metal chassis with a creaky-free colorful removable back cover, with a removable battery/SD slot. Seven buttons: Volume +/-, Power, and Camera Button on the right; haptic Back, Windows, and Search buttons on the front. USB C/Thunderbolt port, and headphone jack.
Four microphones. Powerful speakers front and back. NFC and wireless charging supported.

Security: Fingerprint scanner built-into the Windows button. Infra-red Iris scanner.

OS: Windows 10 on Mobile (CSHELL optimized) with Windows Phone 8+ app support.

Processor: Latest Snapdragon 8xx (835 or above).
Battery: 3000 mAh, Fast Charging supported.

Other specs: Strong antennas; HD calls; headphone jack/charger port on bottom; Windows logo on back.

Included accessories:
+Pen (2048+ pressure sensitivity, eraser)
+Portable keyboard and mouse
+Dock (HDMI/DVI, USB 3.0 x5, 3.5mm jack, SD Card reader)

OS features (that Windows 10 PC/Mobile don't have): Kids Corner, People Hub + Me Tile, Modern Panoramic-styled apps, butter, full W10 when docked...

I guess it could be possible, I'd just pay with my liver if real.

Good disclaimer there lol. But i think the only thing you could have done better was the battery power. 3000mah is really small especially for what you're asking for

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Well considered everything, and here is my suggestion. It would be a perfect phone for a photography hobbyist living in a developing country.

(thanks to @EJ6612 for the layout of the post)

Form factor of the Lumia 640 LTE but with a camera button.

Camera: 41MP Triple LED ZEISS Rear Camera but with a rotational switch which you can click like a lens to switch it from 41MP to 12MP incase you run out of storage space or dont have adequate mobile data to send large files.

Processor: Latest Snapdragon 830 Battery: 3000 mAh, Fast Charging supported.

Windows 8.1 works for me.

Other specs: Charging Jack to be on top of the phone, not the bottom.

A bulge would be okay but a balanced bulge on the bottom (like the Lumia 1020 camera grip) to allow for resting phone on a table surf

Price to be (please? :p) under 300$.

OxyJenish

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I would like to have same Specifications like OnePlus 5 but with Windows Mobile 10 as OS and Wireless charging.
And Specially the AMOLED display because with Dark Theme it will be Awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans