What would it take for you to abandon ship?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
No more new phones, Facebook, messenger, and Instagram no longer working... Right now the future looking grim since there's no new phones on the horizon and Facebook and messenger haven't been updated in 5 months

Sent from Idol 4s

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This last update is enough to make me abandon ship.

Thank you MICROSUCK for deleting my text, phone, and contact history!!!!!!

Also thank you for making maps a useless POS.

My favorite feature is the repetitive and constant nagging that my email account settings are out of date for all 5 of my email accounts.
And to top it off one of those accounts just flat out wont work at all anymore.

I also love how the battery drains and lightspeed, the keyboard works like crap, and notifications are random and sporadic.

Thanks Microsoft you're the best!! MORONS!

Alllrighteeee then!

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This last update is enough to make me abandon ship.

Thank you MICROSUCK for deleting my text, phone, and contact history!!!!!!

Also thank you for making maps a useless POS.

My favorite feature is the repetitive and constant nagging that my email account settings are out of date for all 5 of my email accounts.
And to top it off one of those accounts just flat out wont work at all anymore.

I also love how the battery drains and lightspeed, the keyboard works like crap, and notifications are random and sporadic.

Thanks Microsoft you're the best!! MORONS!
Please, don't hold back. Let us know how you REALLY feel.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This is a question I've been pondering lately. What would it take for you to abandon Windows 10 Mobile for another operating system?

A SIM swap! :winktongue:

Basically I jump ship weekly because W10M is a constant reminder that it falls short on so many fronts. I'm not a heavy user but on those occasions when we need a little extra, we're usually greeted with "no soup for you!". Thankfully we have the luxury of moving back and fourth but would prefer to stay put.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
The combination of Lumia 650 and W10m works perfect for me. The only two apps I would really miss are netflix and kindle, if they were withdrawn I would consider a change...

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Already abandoned it. The Lumia 810 left a bitter taste in my mouth after being dropped within a few months of release. Also the constant exodus of apps from the marketplace only helped cement my decision to move to Android. IF I were still on it, the final blow would have been the lack of Fire Emblem: Heroes on Win10 Mobile.

Then again the demise of 7snap and Weave were what actually pulled me to android. 7Snap's death was inconvenient, but Weave was the fatal blow. I honestly never felt that Microsoft cared too much about keep app makers, or even making apps much of a feature in their OSes. Happily I was able to find some love with Android's Outlook app which still serves me quite well.

Now to find a decent music player app...

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
App gap and nothing else.

1. No grab app. It became very essential to me when I started using grab and uber everyday.
2. iOS ported FB and messenger keeps crashing. And when you try to resume the application, you'll just end up with black screen. Plus FB keeps on reloading to topmost.
3. Slack still doesn't support group call.
4. Lack of local bank apps. BPI app which I used most only exists on 8.1, you have to be lucky to install it on W10M
5. Official youtube app. Yes there are great 3rd party youtube apps. But I prefer the official one after experiencing it.
6. Games selection. Let's face it.

But W10M has the best skype version on all 3. Plus outlook to me is the best mail app along with its calendar.

I have abandon ship since last year but just keeps coming back since I am still a fan of W10M.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'm stretching the truth too much in assuming most of us have more than one device because we depend on a lot of Microsoft services that W10M does so much better than iOS or Android. Some of us I'm thinking use Windows as our daily driver but I'd hazard to guess a large percentage use an iPhone or Android due to the app gap.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a pain for me to carry multiple devices.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I'm stretching the truth too much in assuming most of us have more than one device because we depend on a lot of Microsoft services that W10M does so much better than iOS or Android. Some of us I'm thinking use Windows as our daily driver but I'd hazard to guess a large percentage use an iPhone or Android due to the app gap.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a pain for me to carry multiple devices.

Agreed. App gap always got too frustrating for me so I'd jump back to iOS or Android for a while, forget about that frustration then think hey I fancy another Windows phone. A vicious cycle that has continued like that for about 6 years.

This time however I've managed to keep using my 950xl much longer than usual as my daily driver but only because as you pointed out, I keep an Android phone as a second phone. I don't have the hassle of needing it kept with me at all times though as its only for some fitness apps, running tracking apps and a couple of banking apps I can't get here either. So it's basically only used when I go running.
Still not a solution we should be taking for Microsoft's poor app library though.

j m robin

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, I've never been an app-consumer. I mean, there are some nifty ones that I've used but I've just uninstalled them over time as I only really need a few apps to get me by. They have facebook and PerfectTube is my preferred alternative to YouTube anyway. Never leaving =)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think you're on the money.

I really like having a W10M phone but I think I'll feel different if it was my only phone.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
For me the answer is simple: if there are no new Windows phones when I need one. Otherwise, I'm on board until the bitter end (I know, some people think it's bitter now :grin:). Since I'll be the last one to leave, I'll turn out the lights when I go.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

I'm all Windows all of the time. :smile:

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly it was Amazing Weather and a news story that broke the camel's back for me. I really like their live tile on my phone but they announced that they would stop the product from updating a week or so ago. I tried MSN and Accuweather and didn't really like either, but weather is weather. Then yesterday I saw the reports of the Microsoft edition of the Galaxy S8. At that point I asked myself who I was kidding. Microsoft isn't even bothering with Windows Mobile anymore. All the MS apps I use every day, including Cortana are on Android and iPhone. At that point I started comparing other flagship phone models and I now have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ on pre-order.

I've had a Windows Phone since I bought my Focus 6+ years ago when I ditched my original Galaxy S (Captivate) and I still generally like the OS. It's just clear MS has other priorities and it is time to move on.

ananimus

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
For me it would be them not getting the keyboard back up to the standards set by the WP8.1 keyboard. Which they haven't done. And frankly, I'm so &@^$ing tired of the W10M keyboard and a few other annoyances that I'm now awaiting delivery of a Sony Xperia X Compact. :-(

I don't even know if any of the Android options will be better. But I felt like WP8.1 had a certain bulletproof fluidity to it that feels broken in W10M. I'd go back to 8.1 if support were still there for it. Barring that, I've lost my patience.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
For me it would be them not getting the keyboard back up to the standards set by the WP8.1 keyboard. Which they haven't done. And frankly, I'm so &@^$ing tired of the W10M keyboard and a few other annoyances that I'm now awaiting delivery of a Sony Xperia X Compact. :-(

I don't even know if any of the Android options will be better. But I felt like WP8.1 had a certain bulletproof fluidity to it that feels broken in W10M. I'd go back to 8.1 if support were still there for it. Barring that, I've lost my patience.

I agree about the keyboard. It doesn't do as good of a job of predictive texts (at least for me).

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
In the process of jumping ship now ill have 2 phones tho. Going to keep my idol and get a cheap android or something. Tired of facebook never updating anything

Sent from Idol 4s

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss