How many of you are still loyal to windows mobile?

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am, for now. Mainly because of the Live Tiles and wanting to stay in 1 ecosystem. I currently have 9 Windows devices not counting my Xbox's and there is no reason to suddenly be a part of another ecosystem. I also despise Apple and think Google is Evil so there is that. Having said that, MS is really trying hard to push me away.

I did buy a Passport which is probably why Blackberry died. My favorite phone of all time and you can't even tell it's ever been used. I will never get rid of it, I just wish it ran Windows Mobile.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I am, for now. Mainly because of the Live Tiles and wanting to stay in 1 ecosystem. I currently have 9 Windows devices not counting my Xbox's and there is no reason to suddenly be a part of another ecosystem. I also despise Apple and think Google is Evil so there is that. Having said that, MS is really trying hard to push me away.

I did buy a Passport which is probably why Blackberry died. My favorite phone of all time and you can't even tell it's ever been used. I will never get rid of it, I just wish it ran Windows Mobile.

You killed the BlackBerry hardware division!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

There is no better email machine like BB10. Open a .zip file - check. Open a mime attachment - check. Open fillable PDFs - check. Insert an email attachment from anywhere in the Hub - no sweat.

You can get apps to do all of the above on other platforms but why? BB does it natively with no fuss. Oh and let's not forget custom LED notifications per account, custom signatures per account and full formatting options.

Email is my biggest need and sadly, no one else comes close.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
There is no better email machine like BB10. Open a .zip file - check. Open a mime attachment - check. Open fillable PDFs - check. Insert an email attachment from anywhere in the Hub - no sweat.

You can get apps to do all of the above on other platforms but why? BB does it natively with no fuss. Oh and let's not forget custom LED notifications per account, custom signatures per account and full formatting options.

Email is my biggest need and sadly, no one else comes close.

Maybe one day Windows will be that platform... *sigh*

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been all in on Windows ecosystem for about 6 years (since WP7 actually). I will say that with the loss of the Lumia line all phones are kind of just different versions of the giant glass bar now (especially since iPhone 7 and S7) which is the thing that annoys me the most. WP has always had personality.

If my L950 died today though I'd probably go Android. I've been on WP since the beginning, but there doesn't seem to be any roadmap for W10M. Phone apps aren't a big deal to me, but I don't see buying old hardware out of "loyalty" to the OS. My loyalty has limits I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs