09-04-2017 12:23 PM
162 ... 4567
tools
    Um yes it is. Everything you can do on Windows, you can replicate to do on the galaxy s8+. Like everything. I have it in my hand right now. Ask me a question and I'll explain just how to do it with this phone
    Absolutely not. I chose WM for the GUI and no matter what you do to duplicate it on Android, it's not the same.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-24-2017 04:29 PM
    Absolutely not. I chose WM for the GUI and no matter what you do to duplicate it on Android, it's not the same.
    Considering Microsoft has been edging Windows ux closer and closer to Android... I'm not sure that's gonna last you much longer. Check my thread "case for the s8".. I have screenshots there that show it looks identical to windows gui. Just need to give it a chance
    04-24-2017 04:35 PM
    Its not just like Windows (different OS experience) and its way too expensive. Just my opinion.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    Well... I tried. You guys will find out soon enough when there are no more windows phones #burningplatform
    04-24-2017 04:37 PM
    Well... I tried. You guys will find out soon enough when there are no more windows phones #burningplatform
    I don't think that comment was necessary. Perhaps it made you feel better though.

editguy likes this.
    04-24-2017 04:55 PM
    I don't think that comment was necessary. Perhaps it made you feel better though.

What has increasingly been bothering me are windows fans who put their head in the sand. I feel it's my duty to pull it right out by your long ostrich neck. I don't mean to offend you but If it requires offending to help, then I have no problem doing it
    04-24-2017 05:05 PM
    What has increasingly been bothering me are windows fans who put their head in the sand. I feel it's my duty to pull it right out by your long ostrich neck. I don't mean to offend you but If it requires offending to help, then I have no problem doing it
    Oh don't worry, you're not offending me. I don't listen too much to people who are just out to spread misinformation to defend their position.
    Have a great day!

04-24-2017 05:59 PM
    Oh don't worry, you're not offending me. I don't listen too much to people who are just out to spread misinformation to defend their position.
    Have a great day!

You're being just like the little kid with fingers in their ears saying "no na na na booboo. I can't hear you". But I hear ya man. I respect your choice.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:24 PM
    Considering Microsoft has been edging Windows ux closer and closer to Android... I'm not sure that's gonna last you much longer. Check my thread "case for the s8".. I have screenshots there that show it looks identical to windows gui. Just need to give it a chance
    Lipstick on a pig. HTC was the first to make skins for a mobile OS when they dropped Sense on WM6.1. The idea was to make WinMo "look" like something it wasn't but when you clicked on any app, WinMo's uglyass head reared itself. Make no mistake, I loved WinMo but I didn't try to fool myself into thinking Sense was another OS that resembled it.

You may think Android can be made to look like Windows but the facade only lasts so long. Maybe there won't be any more Windows phones in the near future but my Idol works pretty good today. If my webOS Touchpad still works today, I'm really not going to worry about my phone. The term "dead" is used waaaay too loosely these days.
    TgeekB, editguy and Drael646464 like this.
    04-24-2017 06:25 PM
    Lipstick on a pig. HTC was the first to make skins for a mobile OS when they dropped Sense on WM6.1. The idea was to make WinMo "look" like something it wasn't but when you clicked on any app, WinMo's uglyass head reared itself. Make no mistake, I loved WinMo but I didn't try to fool myself into thinking Sense was another OS that resembled it.

You may think Android can be made to look like Windows but the facade only lasts so long. Maybe there won't be any more Windows phones in the near future but my Idol works pretty good today. If my webOS Touchpad still works today, I'm really not going to worry about my phone. The term "dead" is used waaaay too loosely these days.
    Yourre talking about something from so many years ago. Things improve over time. I challenge you to try launcher 10 skin and tell me it's not identical or superior to windows UI. I will be messaging the developer and giving him his props
    04-24-2017 06:41 PM
    Yourre talking about something from so many years ago. Things improve over time. I challenge you to try launcher 10 skin and tell me it's not identical or superior to windows UI. I will be messaging the developer and giving him his props
    It was an analogy. I have tried every launcher in the Play Store. None measures up as well as live tiles, they're fancy widgets and nothing else. Looking similar and performing similar are very different. How's your global dark theme working BTW?
    editguy likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:53 PM
    It was an analogy. I have tried every launcher in the Play Store. None measures up as well as live tiles, they're fancy widgets and nothing else. Looking similar and performing similar are very different. How's your global dark theme working BTW?
    I see what you're getting at. And yes I cant uniformly make everything a dark theme, but I can customize the crap out of most of it to make it dark. For instance, I just made my texting app dark and my background to start screen. And some of the microsoft apps have a dark theme I can enable. I guess in realize I sit don't care as much about that stuff like J used to. Especially when things just... Work
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:57 PM
    I'm going to turn my car into a pickup truck by ripping off the roof and putting a toolbox in the back. 😉

fatclue_98, raycpl and editguy like this.
    04-24-2017 07:07 PM
    I'm going to turn my car into a pickup truck by ripping off the roof and putting a toolbox in the back. ������

Dude, you just gave me a terrible flashback. In 1980 when we had the Mariel Boatlift, the "Marielitos" were doing just that. The car of choice was those mid-70s Thunderbirds with the T-Tops because they had frameless windows on the doors. Ugh!!!! I could've gone the rest of my life without remembering that.
    TgeekB and editguy like this.
    04-24-2017 07:14 PM
    Dude, you just gave me a terrible flashback. In 1980 when we had the Mariel Boatlift, the "Marielitos" were doing just that. The car of choice was those mid-70s Thunderbirds with the T-Tops because they had frameless windows on the doors. Ugh!!!! I could've gone the rest of my life without remembering that.
    Glad I could help! 😁

fatclue_98 and editguy like this.
    04-24-2017 07:18 PM
    Honestly though, one of the selling points of Android is customization. I used to play around with it all the time. I just got sick of it. Finally found something I enjoy without the fiddling around. But for those that like to play, Android has all the toys you need.

fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-24-2017 07:20 PM
    Honestly though, one of the selling points of Android is customization. I used to play around with it all the time. I just got sick of it. Finally found something I enjoy without the fiddling around. But for those that like to play, Android has all the toys you need.

Thing is I don't like to to tinker (hence why I liked the simplicity of windows) . I like to tinker just enough to make something comfortable. Windows to me is comfortable. So everything I liked about my window phone, I made it happen on the galaxy s8+. Look I'm not gonna beat this into you. I.... Much like you, was stuck on windows for years on years. I just switched over on Friday and it's like I was awoken. I have been on this phone for a total of 4 days... I've had 8 windows phones since Dell venue pro. I'm not doing this to make myself feel better or out of spite for Windows or because I'm a sadist. I was honestly trying to help. But like I said before, I respect your opinion and choice
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-24-2017 07:35 PM
    Thing is I don't like to to tinker (hence why I liked the simplicity of windows) . I like to tinker just enough to make something comfortable. Windows to me is comfortable. So everything I liked about my window phone, I made it happen on the galaxy s8+. Look I'm not gonna beat this into you. I.... Much like you, was stuck on windows for years on years. I just switched over on Friday and it's like I was awoken. I have been on this phone for a total of 4 days... I've had 8 windows phones since Dell venue pro. I'm not doing this to make myself feel better or out of spite for Windows or because I'm a sadist. I was honestly trying to help. But like I said before, I respect your opinion and choice
    I used Android for years, just moved to Windows Phone recently so I haven't been stuck on Windows for years. I've used BlackBerry, Apple, Android, and now Windows. Windows is comfortable I agree, that's why I'm here. You enjoy your S8. Maybe some others who are switching can use your advice. Like I said, Android is all about customization.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    04-24-2017 07:55 PM
    Switched already S8
    04-25-2017 01:24 AM
    That's just it, though, I don't need to give it a chance. I'm not interested in it. The phone I have should serve me for the next two years at least. If there is no more WM at that time I will look at something else. Until then, I'm quite content with what I have. I don't know why people seem to think if MS stopped development of WM10 that our phones would cease to work. I'm still using a L925 on 8.1 as my backup phone and it's going strong after nearly four years.
    04-25-2017 03:04 AM
    Though I REALLY don't like the S8, I just saw an article about the Note 8. Assuming it doesn't explode, this looks like a sweet device and the right size.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-n...ews-24965.html

Sent from mTalk
    04-25-2017 05:02 PM
    Though I REALLY don't like the S8, I just saw an article about the Note 8. Assuming it doesn't explode, this looks like a sweet device and the right size.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-n...ews-24965.html

Sent from mTalk
    That's an unofficial concept fyi
    04-25-2017 07:45 PM
    Um yes it is. Everything you can do on Windows, you can replicate to do on the galaxy s8+. Like everything. I have it in my hand right now. Ask me a question and I'll explain just how to do it with this phone 😐
    Alright, load up adobe illustrator, and draw us something with a stylus. Then mix us a dope dubstep track using fruityloops. When your done, a little call of duty XD

Okay, so you meant windows _mobile_, but I couldn't resist.
    04-26-2017 12:24 AM
    Alright, load up adobe illustrator, and draw us something with a stylus. Then mix us a dope dubstep track using fruityloops. When your done, a little call of duty XD

Okay, so you meant windows _mobile_, but I couldn't resist.
    LOL I was about to secede this argument to you. But yeah. Talking strictly mobile here haha
    04-26-2017 07:39 AM
    . I challenge you to try launcher 10 skin and tell me it's not identical or superior to windows UI.
    I'd forgotten about that.

I used it back in 2014 on my Note 2.

It had issues

Sent from mTalk
    04-26-2017 09:04 AM
    I'd forgotten about that.

I used it back in 2014 on my Note 2.

http://i.imgur.com/aEeF03D.jpg

It had issues

Sent from mTalk
    I can only imagine back in 2014 it did. 3 years later, it's very good. I'm impressed. It even has features we've been requesting for Microsoft to implement for some time now.
    04-26-2017 09:09 AM
162 ... 4567