Why I wont leave Windows Mobile for the S8

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly though, one of the selling points of Android is customization. I used to play around with it all the time. I just got sick of it. Finally found something I enjoy without the fiddling around. But for those that like to play, Android has all the toys you need.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Thing is I don't like to to tinker (hence why I liked the simplicity of windows) . I like to tinker just enough to make something comfortable. Windows to me is comfortable. So everything I liked about my window phone, I made it happen on the galaxy s8+. Look I'm not gonna beat this into you. I.... Much like you, was stuck on windows for years on years. I just switched over on Friday and it's like I was awoken. I have been on this phone for a total of 4 days... I've had 8 windows phones since Dell venue pro. I'm not doing this to make myself feel better or out of spite for Windows or because I'm a sadist. I was honestly trying to help. But like I said before, I respect your opinion and choice

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thing is I don't like to to tinker (hence why I liked the simplicity of windows) . I like to tinker just enough to make something comfortable. Windows to me is comfortable. So everything I liked about my window phone, I made it happen on the galaxy s8+. Look I'm not gonna beat this into you. I.... Much like you, was stuck on windows for years on years. I just switched over on Friday and it's like I was awoken. I have been on this phone for a total of 4 days... I've had 8 windows phones since Dell venue pro. I'm not doing this to make myself feel better or out of spite for Windows or because I'm a sadist. I was honestly trying to help. But like I said before, I respect your opinion and choice

I used Android for years, just moved to Windows Phone recently so I haven't been stuck on Windows for years. I've used BlackBerry, Apple, Android, and now Windows. Windows is comfortable I agree, that's why I'm here. You enjoy your S8. Maybe some others who are switching can use your advice. Like I said, Android is all about customization.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Considering Microsoft has been edging Windows ux closer and closer to Android... I'm not sure that's gonna last you much longer. Check my thread "case for the s8".. I have screenshots there that show it looks identical to windows gui. Just need to give it a chance

That's just it, though, I don't need to give it a chance. I'm not interested in it. The phone I have should serve me for the next two years at least. If there is no more WM at that time I will look at something else. Until then, I'm quite content with what I have. I don't know why people seem to think if MS stopped development of WM10 that our phones would cease to work. I'm still using a L925 on 8.1 as my backup phone and it's going strong after nearly four years.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Um yes it is. Everything you can do on Windows, you can replicate to do on the galaxy s8+. Like everything. I have it in my hand right now. Ask me a question and I'll explain just how to do it with this phone 😐

Alright, load up adobe illustrator, and draw us something with a stylus. Then mix us a dope dubstep track using fruityloops. When your done, a little call of duty XD

Okay, so you meant windows _mobile_, but I couldn't resist.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Alright, load up adobe illustrator, and draw us something with a stylus. Then mix us a dope dubstep track using fruityloops. When your done, a little call of duty XD

Okay, so you meant windows _mobile_, but I couldn't resist.

LOL I was about to secede this argument to you. But yeah. Talking strictly mobile here haha

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
. I challenge you to try launcher 10 skin and tell me it's not identical or superior to windows UI.
I'd forgotten about that.

I used it back in 2014 on my Note 2.

aEeF03D.jpg

It had issues

Sent from mTalk

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
It is possible. But you're still stuck wjth the icon style in the long run. As I mentioned earlier, the Arrow Launcher is decent. I have that in my s6.

Now, the Note 8. That looks good.

Sent from mTalk

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It is possible. But you're still stuck wjth the icon style in the long run. As I mentioned earlier, the Arrow Launcher is decent. I have that in my s6.

Now, the Note 8. That looks good.

Sent from mTalk

Not really. They use the icon styles (do you mean live tiles for apps?) that windows uses.
FOr instance, the contacts app tile looks like people tile on Windows

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I won't either... but not for any reason posted here....it just only because S series don't have radio FM, I can't buy a smartphone without it :p

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I.ve still got my 950XL. I'm currently switching between that and the iPhone 7 plus. I'm not a fan of ios and don't particularly like the 7 plus although the x2 zoom is neat. I'll end up with either a LG V30, HTC Ultra 11 or Samsung Note 8. I still reckon W10M is the best true mobile OS around and yes Microsoft develop better apps for android and ios then their own OS

Sent from mTalk

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm just not feeling any of the W10m Launchers on Android tbh. They all fall short and you can never get them just right. There's no competing with the real thing so no real attraction to them in my opinion

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just not feeling any of the W10m Launchers on Android tbh. They all fall short and you can never get them just right. There's no competing with the real thing so no real attraction to them in my opinion

I've never even tried a "WinPho" launcher on Android. I already know it won't have what I like best about the UI...

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've never even tried a "WinPho" launcher on Android. I already know it won't have what I like best about the UI...

Yeah I get that many people will want to have a familiar feel if they're switching but I still carry my 950xl 5 days a week for work so I get my Windows phone fix that way and enjoy the best of both worlds.

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, there are but not for all radios...I like listening news radios when I'm walking (and I walk a lot)...apart from the fact that new radios have been free since I remember so, I don't like the idea to consume data for them...my point of view will be always to have the choice...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss