Podcast Lounge update 2.5.6.0 crashing!

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be whenever I add more than ten feeds to the app running on my Lumia 820 under WP8.1.

Was fine before I got the update yesterday when used with 15/20 feeds.

Anyone else had problems? Have used Feedback and emailed Igneous about this but yet to hear back.

:cry:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
For the moment I have limited PL to just eight feeds and put the rest back on iPodcast. I split from iPodcast as it occasionally not just crashed the app but triggered the phone to reboot but so far it has behaved itself and I may well decide to go back to it fully and ditch PL if Igneous do not come up with a fix sooner rather than later - so far not even had any kind of acknowledgement from the various means I have alerted them to the issue.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only Podcast Lounge user then? Or am I the only Podcast Lounge user with problems with the latest version?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Finally got a response to my various attempts at contacting Igneous. Apparently others have reported problems and they reckon it is due to image caching handing on low memory phones but how that can be on my 820 with a 64GB SD memory card puzzles me as it is installed to save all data to the SD card. An update with fixes is to be expected in the next few days.

Still they have missed the boat with me as I have since found that the Podcast Picker app does all that I need and seems to be better written too with, for example, the new feeds check on start up running much more swiftly and so far the app has been rock solid with no glitches. The only thing it does not seem to have is a way of queuing up another podcast or several to play after what is currently playing?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
New version 2.6.0.0 made available today. Updated to it and restored all my feeds and, Hurrah!, it seems to have fixed the crashing and is back to being rock solid. Despite what I said earlier, I think I will revert to using Podcast Lounge as my prime podcatcher as the one thing I like to do which does not seem possible with Podcast Picker is to queue up another podcast or several to play after the one currently playing. But I will keep Podcast Picker installed with all my feeds added in as backup, at least for now.

(one minor issue with Podcast Lounge is that for one of my feeds it cannot seem to find / fetch / save the associated images -

Edit: Overnight the app has now got the image so all is sweetness and light)

Last edited:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Finally bitten the bullet and ditched Podcast Lounge as it was getting slower and slower updating feeds. Fair play, it is no longer supported but has served me well over several years.

Spent sometime getting more familiar with the more basic Podcast Picker app and decided I can live with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05