If it ain't broken...then keep using it!
    On the WP being on the big screen: @Drael646464 I like your earlier comment and mostly see it that way.
    Do you think it is to provide a mysterious like theme? Lets face it nobody knows what a WP or W10M OS/WP Device really looks like, or at least the majority don't. Especially the younger generations. I think that provides a certain on-Screen presence of the actor/actress using it. Kinda ominous, like "what are they using?" kind of theme...young people/adults are heavily attracted to what everyone else is already accustom to. Mobile phones are still huge for teens nowadays as they only get hand me downs or used old devices from parents. And they use the tar out of them, believe me. So why would they not want to focus in on what their favorite show or actor/actress is carrying? I don't know just a thought...

Then again like said above...they ran out of the Palm's as a selection while back and moved on from BB earlier since BBOS is almost officially dead. Now WP gets to shine "ominously" for a few more.
    Yeah, I think there's probably an element of the familiar can seem to mundane. Using android would make a crime thriller seem more like a soap.
    06-10-2018 08:59 AM
    If it ain't broken...then keep using it!
    On the WP being on the big screen: @Drael646464 I like your earlier comment and mostly see it that way.
    Do you think it is to provide a mysterious like theme? Lets face it nobody knows what a WP or W10M OS/WP Device really looks like, or at least the majority don't. Especially the younger generations. I think that provides a certain on-Screen presence of the actor/actress using it. Kinda ominous, like "what are they using?" kind of theme...young people/adults are heavily attracted to what everyone else is already accustom to. Mobile phones are still huge for teens nowadays as they only get hand me downs or used old devices from parents. And they use the tar out of them, believe me. So why would they not want to focus in on what their favorite show or actor/actress is carrying? I don't know just a thought...

Then again like said above...they ran out of the Palm's as a selection while back and moved on from BB earlier since BBOS is almost officially dead. Now WP gets to shine "ominously" for a few more.
    Whoa, hold on. BBOS was replaced back in 2013 with BB10 with both going EOL @ end of 2019. Two simultaneous almost dead OS. That gets some award, don’t it?
    nate0 likes this.
    06-10-2018 06:59 PM
    Whoa, hold on. BBOS was replaced back in 2013 with BB10 with both going EOL @ end of 2019. Two simultaneous almost dead OS. That gets some award, don’t it?
    BlackBerry wins the highly coveted Leo Apotheker Lifetime Achievement award for meritorious leadership.
    06-10-2018 08:33 PM
    Well yes, blackberry did what a lot of people think msft should have done - hold on tenaciously until long after most CEOs would have given up. They figured out a nice save in the end, but they definately road well past the "it's too late" signs.
    06-10-2018 11:30 PM
    Very minor, but the manage my health app, a new Zealand government written app for tracking your public health records, medical results etc - which is a total eyesore, but it works, was also written in UWP.

Slow news day if something getting a UWP is a surprise tho :P God I hope windows on arm and windows s stirs up some UWP action.

Have you guys seem any good new apps?
    06-11-2018 07:14 PM
    Very minor, but the manage my health app, a new Zealand government written app for tracking your public health records, medical results etc - which is a total eyesore, but it works, was also written in UWP.

Slow news day if something getting a UWP is a surprise tho :P God I hope windows on arm and windows s stirs up some UWP action.

Have you guys seem any good new apps?
    Which one do you want, good or new? Can't have both 🤣

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-15-2018 08:46 AM
    Well yes, blackberry did what a lot of people think msft should have done - hold on tenaciously until long after most CEOs would have given up. They figured out a nice save in the end, but they definately road well past the "it's too late" signs.
    Yes, but many a game was WON with a last second 'Hail Mary' Can't win it unless you're in it. Whoa!
    nate0 likes this.
    06-15-2018 10:38 AM
    Yes, but many a game was WON with a last second 'Hail Mary' Can't win it unless you're in it. Whoa!
    I will permanently block you if you bring up Doug Flutie.
    mtf1380 and aximtreo like this.
    06-15-2018 12:36 PM
    i will permanently block you if you bring up doug flutie.
    lmfao!
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-15-2018 05:43 PM
    I will permanently block you if you bring up Doug Flutie.
    Flutie flakes!
    06-15-2018 06:48 PM
    Flutie flakes!
    Eck, Buffalonians. Haven't smelled playoff wins since..........Flutie.
    Yesterday 11:51 AM
    Eck, Buffalonians. Haven't smelled playoff wins since..........Flutie.
    And won’t until the Brady era is over.
    Yesterday 11:55 AM
    And won’t until the Brady era is over.
    Go, Brady!
    Yesterday 07:49 PM
    Go, Brady!
    Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!
    TgeekB and aximtreo like this.
    Yesterday 08:54 PM
    Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!
    Now that's funny, Happy Father's HoosierDaddy
    aximtreo likes this.
    Today 06:06 AM
    Happy Father's HoosierDaddy
    Thanks. And I can prove it. My son, after winning numerous racing championships, asked for a paternity test after seeing me badly miss an apex in my track car.
    aximtreo and mtf1380 like this.
    Today 11:11 AM
616 ... 232425