06-02-2020 09:28 AM
727 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Maybe angry beaver will make another one and I’ll be proven wrong. 🤪
    https://media.giphy.com/media/nB7lPznaFyy88/giphy.gif
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-21-2018 02:06 AM
    Who the **** is Wiley Fox? Not exactly a household name. What if I don’t like it? I get one choice from an obscure brand?
    That was a while ago, I’m talking going forward as the person I responded to was stating.
    I just don’t think many, if any, manufacturers are going to jump into an empty pool. Maybe angry beaver will make another one and I’ll be proven wrong. ������
    Who the f**k was Alcatel when the Fierce 10 XL, and later Idol, showed up? An unknown in the US for sure. Millions have bought One Plus, Huawei and other obscure manufacturers that were invisible to US buyers. I don't live in the UK but maybe Wileyfox is a thing there. Besides, why would I want to buy a Euro-spec phone that may or may not support my bands here? It doesn't take away from the fact that if someone wanted a recent Windows phone directly from a manufacturer along with a warranty and guaranteed support for another year, there was some form of availability.
    aximtreo, nate0 and mtf1380 like this.
    09-21-2018 07:00 AM
    Besides, why would I want to buy a Euro-spec phone that may or may not support my bands here?
    I do ;).
    The Japanese ones are booger to get them to work on AT&T. T-Mobile they all seem to work decently.
    09-21-2018 11:27 AM
    I do ;).
    The Japanese ones are booger to get them to work on AT&T. T-Mobile they all seem to work decently.
    So the Nuans or Vaio work ok with TMO? I don't give a rat's a$$ about AT&T, they're on my permanent s**t list.
    09-21-2018 11:55 AM
    So the Nuans or Vaio work ok with TMO? I don't give a rat's a$$ about AT&T, they're on my permanent s**t list.
    I almost bought a PhoneBiz, and that one is still on my list to get. I have never used the Neo yet, but they both should work. How well, is unknown. So I guess don't completely quote me on that above.

I used the Madosma Q601 on T-Mobile though, and got data messaging and phone calls I believe. It used the aws bands only. I used it only for a short while however...I got risky and tried to force some package updates and fried the graphics chip on 2 of them. One of them still works as far as graphics, but is boot loop stuck because the DPP partition is messed up. I will be honest, I am not certain that the Japanese models will work right out of the box, some might though. It has been a while since I had one in use. I always end up unlocking my phones to access critical files in order to try to help myself get more use out of them.
    09-21-2018 12:01 PM
    09-21-2018 02:28 PM
    Who the f**k was Alcatel when the Fierce 10 XL, and later Idol, showed up? An unknown in the US for sure. Millions have bought One Plus, Huawei and other obscure manufacturers that were invisible to US buyers. I don't live in the UK but maybe Wileyfox is a thing there. Besides, why would I want to buy a Euro-spec phone that may or may not support my bands here? It doesn't take away from the fact that if someone wanted a recent Windows phone directly from a manufacturer along with a warranty and guaranteed support for another year, there was some form of availability.
    Well, since I bought the Alcatel Idol 4S I can tell you I would never buy another one. The camera was the most pitiful thing I've ever seen on a phone since my Nokia candy bar phones.
    I don't begrudge anyone who wants another windows phone built but I stick by my guns, don't expect a lineup of manufacturers fighting to build the next one.
    09-21-2018 02:36 PM
    Well, since I bought the Alcatel Idol 4S I can tell you I would never buy another one. The camera was the most pitiful thing I've ever seen on a phone since my Nokia candy bar phones.
    I don't begrudge anyone who wants another windows phone built but I stick by my guns, don't expect a lineup of manufacturers fighting to build the next one.
    Ya true. It's left to individuals or entrepreneurs Wileyfox is like the last bigger company in the mix. I am still hoping for the Cerulean Moment to suddenly be reborn, 😎. Too bad it is all about making money instead of having fun and trying new things...but if it weren't we would not have monopoly's, economy surges, and consumerism right 😉?
    One of these days maybe I will figure out how to build my own Windows 10 Mobile Frankenphone from all the parts I have lying around 😀, just for fun.
    aximtreo, TgeekB and anthonyng like this.
    09-21-2018 02:48 PM
    Ya true. It's left to individuals or entrepreneurs Wileyfox is like the last bigger company in the mix. I am still hoping for the Cerulean Moment to suddenly be reborn, . Too bad it is all about making money instead of having fun and trying new things...but if it weren't we would not have monopoly's, economy surges, and consumerism right ?
    One of these days maybe I will figure out how to build my own Windows 10 Mobile Frankenphone from all the parts I have lying around , just for fun.
    I totally agree with you. Just think if we had multiple companies building devices for multiple OS’s. Wouldn’t that bring about innovation, competition and perhaps even lower prices for all of us? But, as you stated, we live in a world of monopoly’s and consumerism so we are on the short end of the stick. That’s where my reality kicks in and I think “who’s going to stick their neck out to build a Windows phone just to have it chopped off”? It stinks. I really loved Windows phone but had to jump to iPhone to get what I needed.
    nate0 and aximtreo like this.
    09-21-2018 04:26 PM
    Frankenphone
    Ah!! A sweet word from my webOS past.
    09-21-2018 04:49 PM
    I don't expect another new WM phone anymore than I expect a new Plymouth to hit showroom floors. The point was that there is an option for those who would want one regardless of how sh***y it may or may not be. BTW, the last few updates on Windows Camera made the Idol's imaging prowess (snark alert) serviceable and almost tolerable.
    09-21-2018 04:55 PM
    I don't expect another new WM phone anymore than I expect a new Plymouth to hit showroom floors. The point was that there is an option for those who would want one regardless of how sh***y it may or may not be. BTW, the last few updates on Windows Camera made the Idol's imaging prowess (snark alert) serviceable and almost tolerable.
    Maybe if I’m bored this weekend I’ll pull it out of my junk drawer and update it so I can now have a tolerable camera on it. Maybe instead I’ll go get a root canal.
    You seem to think I don’t want others to take advantage of a Wiley Fox or Alcatel used phone to run Windows Mobile if they so desire. Nothing could be further from the truth. I just wish they had more. I wish I could still be using Windows phone. I wish there were intelligent people running out government. I’m batting 0.00.
    09-21-2018 05:09 PM
    Maybe if I’m bored this weekend I’ll pull it out of my junk drawer and update it so I can now have a tolerable camera on it. Maybe instead I’ll go get a root canal.
    You seem to think I don’t want others to take advantage of a Wiley Fox or Alcatel used phone to run Windows Mobile if they so desire. Nothing could be further from the truth. I just wish they had more. I wish I could still be using Windows phone. I wish there were intelligent people running out government. I’m batting 0.00.
    Preach it!
    G4Grandad likes this.
    09-21-2018 05:17 PM
    I’m batting 0.00.
    So are your Bills.

Sorry, you walked right into that one.
    09-22-2018 12:37 PM
    That's not it at all. The fact there's an offering on a known dead OS has to count for something! We all wish there were more WM choices and that Windows or something else was a viable 3rd option OS-wise.

Oh before I forget, do the updates before you sit in the dentist's chair. The root canal may hurt less that way.
    09-22-2018 12:42 PM
    So are your Bills.

Sorry, you walked right into that one.
    There was a day that would have gotten my dander up! Not any more, I lack emotion in regards to pro football. They just lost me.
    Our college team, UB Bulls, are destroying Rutgers at the moment 35-6 in the first half. And it’s hockey season!
    As far as walking into things I’m not sure if that’s because of old age or not, but I’m using that as an excuse! 🤣
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-22-2018 12:42 PM
    And it’s hockey season!
    Gotcha. Tipoff for the NBA is about a month away and this year's gonna be fun with D-Wade's farewell tour.
    TgeekB and aximtreo like this.
    09-22-2018 12:47 PM
    I don't get why small companies are still trying to battle for a share of android. Are the chances of getting a buyer still worth the effort? They should throw out both android and w10m versions of their phones
    09-25-2018 02:32 AM
    Longing to see release of new Windows phone even though i know it won't happen anytime soon with Nadella at the forefront,still rocking my Lumia 950 XL,will be getting an iPhone X 256GB for little over 500GB so I'll be taking that deal, my cousin bought hers last year and is upgrading ,so I'll be buying hers and using all Microsoft apps on it
    09-25-2018 07:56 AM
    I love my new ebay special Lumia 950 xl I received last week. Just boarded a United flight with the W10m United app. Glad to be off Android again. F* Google! I do miss the Onenote widget and Bing app on Android though.
    rollindice and aximtreo like this.
    09-25-2018 10:59 AM
    I love my new ebay special Lumia 950 xl I received last week. Just boarded a United flight with the W10m United app.
    Congrats! How much did you get it for? I might want to buy a backup lol.

Also, no app needed for air Canada, I just check in with their website and boarding pass loads up on edge
    09-27-2018 08:08 PM
    Originally Posted by nate0
    Same here. I am not sure if we would notice it after a hard reset or something maybe. The article that reported this update is here..https://www.onmsft.com/news/mail-app...one-email-sigs
    Originally Posted by Timbre70
    Mine is still showing Mobile.
    Not sure why but my older Windows phones say "Sent from my Windows 10 Device" while the Idol 4s and Lumia 950 XL say "Sent from my Windows 10 Phone".
    10-04-2018 07:06 PM
    It's probably due to different updates. Your Lumia probably has the latest build. A phone is a device ☺
    10-04-2018 07:13 PM
    It's probably due to different updates. Your Lumia probably has the latest build. A phone is a device ☺
    No actually that is why I shared. Yet failed to mention. All have the 1709 latest update. Not complaining, just noticing :)
    10-04-2018 07:45 PM
    No actually that is why I shared. Yet failed to mention. All have the 1709 latest update. Not complaining, just noticing :)
    My Acer Primo says phone and it's on the 09/2018 update. Don't ask how I did it, I'm not sure myself.
    10-05-2018 12:13 PM
727 ... 2526272829 ...