Positive Windows phone news thread

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My 2,5 year old Lumia 930 is still working like a champ, with a new battery :):winktongue:

only thing really stopping me from really utilizing my 930 are the busted mic's for video recording/calling.. and well I guess my 950xl lol. But I like the size of my 930 better

Was waiting on this... pretty much one month later it comes to windows. Did a multi picture post immediately yesterday! Yay, no more collages lol. well less of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windowsmoose

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
I think they are likely to reveal more about cloud at the education conference next month. But as you say it is interesting that RS3 maybe around the same time as arm becomes available 😊

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I think they are likely to reveal more about cloud at the education conference next month. But as you say it is interesting that RS3 maybe around the same time as arm becomes available ������

I figured out MS big plan today. Its a good plan.

I think they'll release windows cloud, windows on ARM. and Cortana bot intergration this year and demo not some high end business hardware, but some tight, slim, long battery life hybrid 2 in 1s w/ stylus and folding dock for affordable prices. Windows surface -for the everyday folks.

I'm sure they'll keep the surface pro line and release one of those too, but probably add a new type to the line, surface something else, as well as the cloudbook. Typically Chinese brands have used "plus" in place of "pro" for the budget model. Not sure what MS will do. Maybe just "surface". And that would explain the conflicting rumours of surface with intel versus arm. They'll do both.

It may come with keyboard and stylus separate, to keep everything as cheap as imaginable. But the point of all these releases on ARM this year (cloudbook, windows on arm) - All 4g, all the time - all affordable, competitive with android budget devices. Right in the centre of mobile computing growth that they can reasonably win at.

That's how they can make UWP's competitive too and get back into phones. If they make a big splash in tablets = more developers, more big app support.

They'll also release their smart home device soon. But not before intergration is done. They want their device to be smarter. They want Cortana to be able to do more, before they show it off.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Anyone notices the education theme in the windows store ATM, running up to the windows cloud announcement?

Star charts, geography, anatomy, reading apps....

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Very interesting and look really nice!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Yeah if you look under the education collection at the bottom too, there is quite a plethora of educational apps. No app gap for education so far as I can tell. Could be they have been working with devs on that for awhile.

And those high end ones like earth3d and anatomy are graphically lovely. Plenty on offer there I think for the upcoming early may cloud announcement, to entice US schools back into the real workhorse OS of the world! (And give the rest of the world some great budget devices to chew on)

Kinda makes me think that "windows cloud' isn't far off, that they have already themed the store.....

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Rumor: Samsung Ativ S8 (Galaxy S8 with Windows 10 Mobile) in works targeted at Spring Event launch

https://thewincentral.com/rumor-samsung-ativ-s8-galaxy-s8-with-windows-10-mobile-in-works/

I know its just a rumor, and I doubt I would buy it, but that would be cool if it happened.

Yeah if you look under the education collection at the bottom too, there is quite a plethora of educational apps. No app gap for education so far as I can tell. Could be they have been working with devs on that for awhile.

And those high end ones like earth3d and anatomy are graphically lovely. Plenty on offer there I think for the upcoming early may cloud announcement, to entice US schools back into the real workhorse OS of the world! (And give the rest of the world some great budget devices to chew on)

Kinda makes me think that "windows cloud' isn't far off, that they have already themed the store.....

Hopefully some of their efforts are going to start coming together and people will see MS has a viable plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It actually doesn't sound too far fetched especially if they are more buddy buddy these days. These days, if Samsung does it, people notice.

Would welcome a same hardware, different OS comparison situation!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It actually doesn't sound too far fetched especially if they are more buddy buddy these days. These days, if Samsung does it, people notice.

It would make a great WC article :p

Yeah, it doesn't seem implausible. MS sells the S8 in their store, and they helped Samsung with DeX. Could be a tit for tat situation.

Is it not also kind of interesting that the S8 has a snapdragon 835 - the processor that runs windows on arm? - ie even if it didn't run WOA on release, it would be fully capable of doing so later.

I'd actually love to be a fly on the wall in the MS and Samsung meetings. I bet they talk about all kinds of crazy stuff, in terms of future planning.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Market share is apparently up since last years end. Anyone else read that yet? Not by much, but it caught certain headlines.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Man, and all those who jumped ship for the Android variant would be kicking themselves. Though Samsung is happy to take their money too, yet they would also clean house on all the remaining Windows Fans, and it might hit VZ---if the rumor turns out true...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss