Positive Windows phone news thread

HasIssues

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
There are a lot of developers who can create the apps that are missing, we just don't know what apps people want. We need a way to suggest apps and have developers work from that list. I can write the apps, just need some way to know what apps people want.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not optimistic about the future, and maybe that is from reading all the negative news, but I love the idea of this thread!!!! I still love the W10M UI and prefer it above the competition. It is in Microsoft's hands now to either step up or shut it down, lets just hope for the best. Like everyone, I think a new piece of quality hardware would go a long way to keeping the small fan base that Microsoft has. Even if it isn't "the ultimate mobile device" that they promise, it would be nice to have that to hold us over until then. I know there is the Elite X3, which is very nice, but bigger than what I would want. I still prefer first party devices as well, but I would "settle" for something from a third party.

Come on Microsoft!!! We know you can do it, and we are rooting for you!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of developers who can create the apps that are missing, we just don't know what apps people want. We need a way to suggest apps and have developers work from that list. I can write the apps, just need some way to know what apps people want.

It would be nice to see Microsoft invest in their own platform and offer some money to the current developers of the popular Android/iOS apps to get them over to UWP apps. Maybe they already do, and no one is interested in participating.

DeekinBlooz

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I live and work with an iPhone and a MacBook Pro. I love them! My new MacBook Pro arrives today!!! That said, I also use W10 and W10M at work, and I think they are awesome and getting better all the time! I love my Lumia 950 XL and W10M! The app gap and the lack of new HW choices are significant issues, but the lack of loud and frequent committment from Microsoft to the W10M platform is my biggest concern.

What do I love most about W10M and my Windows phone?
1) Microsoft service integration
2) The camera ROCKS!
3) The overall ecosystem of Mobile, Desktop, and Xbox is starting to become persuasive. I hope they succeed!

Ed Du

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Wanted to create a thread for the positive news about Windows 10 mobile as hearing so much negative is becoming depressing!

Will still use windows phone even though I also have Iphone. I will keep clinging to it forever, and there will be a surface phone that will shake the windows phone world

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
While not W10, my trusty old Lumia 822 continues to perform like the little workhorse it is. I really really want a brand spankin' new Windows 10 Mobile phone or device (whatever it's going to be called), but I'm very happy to still be rockin' my Nokia.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this thread. Jeez, so much negativity in the forums and articles was becoming very depressing. It's like everyone is in a dystopian mood or something.. Anyways.. Good thread. Keep it alive.

Richard Toft

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I've been waiting for continuum for a long time I got a 950 in January and decided to see if I could use it as a desktop for home use so far impressed but it does need more work.

jkellywilkerson

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Rumor: Samsung Ativ S8 (Galaxy S8 with Windows 10 Mobile) in works targeted at Spring Event launch

https://thewincentral.com/rumor-samsung-ativ-s8-galaxy-s8-with-windows-10-mobile-in-works/

The problem with that screenshot is that the corners of the screen on the bottom aren't rounded like they are on the top; they have a squared off bottom corner. The Samsung Galaxy S8 has rounded screen corners on the top and bottom.

I would love to see it and would possibly buy it, but not sure it will happen. Windows 10 Mobile sure does make it look amazing though.

Teorias

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
And it is a great idea.
The truth is whatever the future brings we will be here waiting for it and confident that at some point in time we had the a system we enjoyed.
i am sure that MS will make something of the OS and the platform.it would be suicide to stop the mobile(not specifically phone) path.

At this point in time most of us have a mobile and then when needed go to the PC.
i am sure MS is aware of this.
In 2007 people had symbian phones and the smartphone as we know it came out. It took MS a while to undestand there is a market for this. Much like in surface/Macbook struggle, but if we know something is that when they make a comeback it is in style.

Much has been said and writen about Win10 Mobile. We are sad because of the app support, but truth being said.
Does anyone actually regarding the OS has as many complaints as the Androis and IOS guys?

I feel sad i do not have some apps. But system wise. It is the best system i worked with. And i had them all.
Probably like most of you.

Even today at my house when i plug my 350€ 950Xl to the dock and show off to some guest some of them get fascinated and th only thing they can point is. "but you do't have this app like i do on my 1000€ Iphone".
That says a lot.

mgkole

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
well, if it werent for bugs and app crashes, for me it's still nicest mobile OS out there, and I would rather choose it instead of android and iOS. looks and simplicity of the UI still win me over. it's just gorgeus to look at. but...it feels like beta, and it's usually unstable, even on the release versions of the OS

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't really consider W10M a worthy successor to WP at all. And if you look at the comments section on any hot topic you can find me with extremely "negative" comments.
Having said that, I had a 520 and replaced it with a 1320. Very recently, I hunted down another brand new 1320 and paid an insane amount of money (considering what I was buying) to get it, just in case the first one dies on me (that's how much I hate switching to Android and iPhone looks just like a box of Apple arrogance to me).
Then I got my friend's old 920 which brought back the good old days of competitive WP for me. And then I got my friend's wife's 830 for a good price. So I am now surrounded by 4 WPs and my mom also has a 640XL which I got for her. All running WP8.1 of course.

Now for you fellas out there who may see this post, I have a surprise that I'll reveal for WP and WM in the form of an app; I won't say what it is, but when you get it you'll realize it's the thing that Windows Phone deserves, but has always lacked. It's a true Windows Phone approach to something we always wanted but Microsoft never really delivered. Other WP devs made attempts to make replacements, but none of them were worthy of the name Windows Phone.

Stay tuned.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I could go on and on.... but will focus on my 950:
Stable.
With tons of background services on, batter lasts quite a bit.
System runs just as smooth as it did day 1 (launch day), compared to my work Iphone, which gets slower and has a shorter battery life with every update.
Perfect size and weight.
Integration into MS services compared to the others.... but they are catching up :(

some devs still care. got my 1st email notification on my fitbit blaze today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05