Positive Windows phone news thread

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Oddly I was on pre-Creators Update and kept getting messages from Barclays that the app is broken in Creators update and to wait. Then I found the app kept crashing on entering the PIN, so I gave up and updated to Creators anyway, and now the app works fine even though the last message they sent indicated they were still working on a fix.

Anyway, nice to see one major bank still acknowledges the existence of Windows Phone, and it's still a very nice example of a Win app.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Anyway, nice to see one major bank still acknowledges the existence of Windows Phone, and it's still a very nice example of a Win app.
Is the app a Windows phone app or WUP? Bank of America deprecated their Windows Phone app and then released a WUP app, which happens to work on desktop and mobile.

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Having used a lot of dual boot machines, I find you tend to end up just using the OS you prefer. Because you have to reset to switch, its not overly convenient. Unless you are using your phone for "just that one app".

But it does do the job of releasing one phone that pleases all people - and I'm sure you could trim out either windows or android, depending on the preference. I have often wondered why people do this with tablets but not phones. Obviously big manufacturers wouldn't get away with either.

Interesting to see they seem to be going with this, given the pitch for cerulean. Maybe they found a funder that would only invest if it included android.

This may be what Moly/Coship need to finally boost sales.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Is the app a Windows phone app or WUP? Bank of America deprecated their Windows Phone app and then released a WUP app, which happens to work on desktop and mobile.

Not sure. Possibly not. Certainly doesn't run on the desktop, but the security in it is tightly tied to locked down devices, hence it won't run on jailbroken phones.

If it's not UWP I expect it will disappear as non-UWP apps are slowly being pulled, and not being replaced by UWP apps in many cases.

If the Barclays app goes, then I go. I need it. I can do transactions on the go, and I use it as pin sentry to log into the web site without having to use their separate pin sentry device which is a pain to carry around.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think Windows 10 Mobile as we know it will eventually die. WoA will replace it for Enterprise and OEM devices. This New device with a new niche (branch) of windows mobile might be their stab at us as consumers. Maybe my wishful thinking, but cmon! who does not like an underdog!?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
And if this "new" Windows Mobile is truly going to create a cut-off of sorts, Creator Update is as far as you or I will get.

MS has said its working on productivity features with HP coming out late summer.

Doubt there will be a cut off, in the composable shell code people have seen hidden in windows, it lists both the new 'Andromeda' and 'windows 10 mobile' next to each other, and cshell is still a work in progress. I'm not even sure "Andromeda" will be sold as a "phone" despite its phone features. But no doubt as an entirely new form factor, it will be more complimentary than a complete replacement IMO.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
MS has said its working on productivity features with HP coming out late summer.

Doubt there will be a cut off, in the composable shell code people have seen hidden in windows, it lists both the new 'Andromeda' and 'windows 10 mobile' next to each other, and cshell is still a work in progress. I'm not even sure "Andromeda" will be sold as a "phone" despite its phone features. But no doubt as an entirely new form factor, it will be more complimentary than a complete replacement IMO.

For Microsoft's sake, I hope you're right.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If Microsoft was not so secretive or at least told the consumers something less cryptic, then we would not have to :).

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
While that is true, most companies are that way. Apple or Google are the same with iOS and Android, they don't reveal details until the software is officially launched into beta or for developers.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
True, but the way Microsoft teases stuff is way to cryptic. I would rather them not say anything at all then to put things the way they have. I guess the good part though is it keeps everyone on suspense so to speak. Keeps us guessing for sure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium