Positive Windows phone news thread

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this could be good news or not but in the film 'The Foreigner', which is the latest Jackie Chan film, Pierce Brosnan's character has a Windows phone. Windows phone is also in Netflix's The Punisher as well.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this could be good news or not but in the film 'The Foreigner', which is the latest Jackie Chan film, Pierce Brosnan's character has a Windows phone. Windows phone is also in Netflix's The Punisher as well.

I often wonder if that’s a conscious choice or just a stage prop they have lying around. Ever see ads in the paper that show old cell phones that aren’t even sold anymore?

Anyway, good observation. Maybe someone knows the answer to this question.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
The only positive thing I can say is I just received 2 new Microsoft Lumia 950 for very cheap brand new in box.

Missed the glance screen and excellent camera.

Though battery life is not good..these will keep me for the next couple of years.

Was having a lot of freezing issues on my Idol 4S...so I gave it to my best bud and found the Lumias for cheap.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@patcherd where you looking to buy them real cheap? Or is it by chance?

I botched my screen repair on the 950xl such that the proximity sensor is not working and glance seems affected too as with double tap.

The camera keeps me using it

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I often wonder if that’s a conscious choice or just a stage prop they have lying around. Ever see ads in the paper that show old cell phones that aren’t even sold anymore?

Anyway, good observation. Maybe someone knows the answer to this question.

I wondered this too. The film partially takes place in the UK, where Windows Phone was popular. It may be due to licensing? Perhaps Apple charge more to show their products in movies or TV shows? I remember Terminator Genisys heavily featuring Windows Phone and Microsoft devices also.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Loved that commercial. Probably one of the last real ads for a windows phone. There were a couple lower key ads later, but that was the last time Microsoft really put advertising $$ into the platform. Gee I wonder why no one ever took notice, probably were too busy being bombarded with iPhone and Samsung ads.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Might as well keep it unless you are really desperate for $50 or so. Seems that is all they are really worth.

Yep, this is true. I figured that I wouldn't be able to get much of anything from it but at this point, not opposed to possibly giving it away LOL. Looking at it on my desk makes me sad that the chances of me using it are low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte